Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do people think Randle El is a bust?

Portis4President

Hey youngster,

44 isn't old, if you look over your shoulder you will find that old age is right behind you waiting to bite you in the *****. You will find this out and wonder how it happened.

So enjoy your youth while you have it.

From someone who has been there and done that.

Of course 44 isn't old. I was just playing around. Didn't mean anything by it.

I don't think Lloyd's a bust. However, I don't think it was worth giving up a 3rd and 4th rd pick to get him. Especially when you look at the holes the Skins have on defense. They could of waited a year and signed him this coming offseason and given up no draft picks.

I dont think lloyd is a bust, and draft picks mean nothing to this team, so i dont think we gave up too much. The holes we have on defense were not apparent b4 the season started. No one would have ever guessed our defense would be that bad. Im sure we all thought we would be a to 10 defense just like the last 2 years.

I dont think lloyd is a bust, and draft picks mean nothing to this team, so i dont think we gave up too much. The holes we have on defense were not apparent b4 the season started. No one would have ever guessed our defense would be that bad. Im sure we all thought we would be a to 10 defense just like the last 2 years.

And that's why the Skins will continue to strive for mediocrity.

ARE, brings excitement, every time he touches a punt I feel like he is going to break it, and has. And on every single offensive play of every game, the offense has to worry about him taking a reverse and running, or throwing the ball. The fact that teams have to account for that is invaluable. If we get the running game going, and the safeties have to help, he's going to beat them deep. Randle El is a great pick up.

In no way is ARE a bust. If you want to talk about stats look at him last season with the Steelers, 1 td catch and 35 receptions for 558 yards. This year he has 18 catches for 167 yards and 1 td and only 8 TDs in his entire career.

Lloyd has been able to catch the ball. When passes are 2-3 yards behind you (6-9 feet) I doubt even the best W.R. in the league can catch them. Now, I don't know how many times the ball has been thrown to him or in his direction but he only has 15 catches. Santana Moss has 31, his next two lowest are 2001 and 2002 logging 2 in '01 and 30 in '02. ARE, Lloyd, and Moss combined total only 64 catches between the three of them. Moss had 84 last year...

I don't know about any of you but to me that plays out from the QB.

(I am not accounting rushes or Special Teams play.)

No. Hellz no.

Archeluta and Carter = busts for sure though.
Disagree about Carter. Remember this is a Greg Blache Defensive Line. It certainly doesn't make DE's look glamorous. We don't edge rush our DE's as often as most teams, we want them to win at the point of attack.

I have faith in Carter, he has a great work ethic and he's shown improvement. AA, on the other hand, had to be replaced.

No. Hellz no.

Disagree about Carter. Remember this is a Greg Blache Defensive Line. It certainly doesn't make DE's look glamorous. We don't edge rush our DE's as often as most teams, we want them to win at the point of attack.

I have faith in Carter, he has a great work ethic and he's shown improvement. AA, on the other hand, had to be replaced.

Carter has been steadidly improving

remember how Daniels looked first half of last season? non existent

second half rolls around, and all of a sudden he's a beast turned team leader

The only free agent I can faithfully list as a bust is AA.

The rest:

Carter- got off to a bad start where noone even noticed he was on the field, but each week it seems like he is making more and more plays. And I can very well see him having a season like Daniels did last year, where he has a ton of success towards the end of the year.

ARE- I definetely don't think he's a bust, in fact I think he has earned his pay check in individual performance (still lacking the winning part). The guy is a stud punt returner, a team leader, can be a key factor in gadget plays, and a reliable receiver. Sure he has had somewhat of a quiet season receiving wise, but I'll hold my judgement on that until after a few weeks with JC under center.

BLloyd- I see potential in him to be a good big play receiver but similar to ARE Although he has had a disappointing season, I will hold my judgement until a few weeks with JC under center.

Archived