Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do people think Randle El is a bust?

Portis4President

I was reading this article on Yahoo! this morning, and later heard some guy talking about it on 980 FM. When he read the part of it I've pasted below, he said, "We all know how that worked out."

The Chicago Bears outbidding Washington for wide receiver Antwaan Randle El

In March, it looked like Randle El was set to return to his hometown of Chicago after the Bears offered him a six-year, $18 million deal, along with an $8 million signing bonus. But the Redskins came with something even more ludicrous – six years, $31 million and a $10 million bonus. The Bears weren't interested in touching those figures and Randle El landed in Washington, where he's been little more than another Redskins free agent bust. However, Chicago's fortune was less about staying away from a player who was getting overpaid and more about leaving room for some growth from players already on the roster. Had Randle El come aboard, it's highly unlikely Bernard Berrian would have gotten the looks he did in the preseason, and even more unlikely he would have developed into Rex Grossman's favorite big-play target when healthy. While Randle El has been catching passes at a meager 9.3 yards per reception, Berrian has been averaging 18.3 and looking like the Bears' long-term No. 1.

I won't try to assert that we didn't overpay Randle El, but in my opinion he has been one of the brighter and more exciting parts of our team. He's helped us so much on Special Teams and as a reciever and rusher he's certainly had his moments. I really couldn't be happier he's here.

While he may not be putting up the gaudy numbers that many feel he should based on his contract, I think he's been a solid performer. With Jason's ability to spread the ball around, I think Randle El will get more touches on offense. I also think he'll continue to shine on special teams.

No, I think he is performing solidily if there is any of the free agents I feel that are busts Carter, Lloyd and Arch. I thought two of the three were bad moves anyway but that is just my opinion Lloyd and Arch.

I agree with Carter and Arch, but what's Lloyd done wrong? He hasn't had the quarterback throwing downfield except for like 3 times all year.

anyone who thinks lloyd is a bust is a pyscho. the guy doesnt get the ball thrown to him, and when he does, he catches it. did you all miss that horrendous throw brunell heaved up in philly last weekend and lloyd made a silly adjustment and brought it down for a 42 yard gain? i sure did. lloyd will be awesome, he plays with passion and fire and is probably just as big of a deep threat as moss. now if we only have someone who can actually throw the ball.......................*glares at jason campbell's right arm*

I agree with Carter and Arch, but what's Lloyd done wrong? He hasn't had the quarterback throwing downfield except for like 3 times all year.
Seriously, Lloyd has been sorely under used in the passing game. Everytime he gets the ball thrown down field to him he catches hit. I am hoping Campbell will make more of an effort to get him the ball down field and hit him on those slants that always seem to work but we never go back to. Arch as of now is a bust, but I believe Carter has come on slowly and might start generating more pressure, so I wouldnt close the book on him yet.

True, however when the few times the ball has gotten to him what does he do he drops them :doh: :laugh: .

anyone who thinks lloyd is a bust is a pyscho. the guy doesnt get the ball thrown to him, and when he does, he catches it. did you all miss that horrendous throw brunell heaved up in philly last weekend and lloyd made a silly adjustment and brought it down for a 42 yard gain? i sure did. lloyd will be awesome, he plays with passion and fire and is probably just as big of a deep threat as moss. now if we only have someone who can actually throw the ball.......................*glares at jason campbell's right arm*

What are you going to say when Campbell is unable to get him the ball? You think because Campbell is in there now the ball will start to get fling down the field think again. You think the Bucs defense isn't licking their chops at this kid getting his first start.

What are you going to say when Campbell is unable to get him the ball? You think because Campbell is in there now the ball will start to get fling down the field think again. You think the Bucs defense isn't licking their chops at this kid getting his first start.

haha, are you nuts? yes, i expect him to get the ball because campbell is now our quarterback and we might have a vertical passing game, which would include brandon lloyd, a great receiver. do you even watch redskins games? you do realize that brunell never threw the ball downfield, and the few times he did, it was lloyds way. he has a 50+ yard catch from the cowboys game and 40+ yard catch last week, not to mention a few bombs he caught that were called back by penalties. lloyd is good.

I understand everyone is excited about seeing Jason in there I am too but realistically this kid is going to struggle do not think for one minute because you putting him in there you going to start winning some games. You think the Panthers going to have mercy on him next week ?

haha, are you nuts? yes, i expect him to get the ball because campbell is now our quarterback and we might have a vertical passing game, which would include brandon lloyd, a great receiver. do you even watch redskins games? you do realize that brunell never threw the ball downfield, and the few times he did, it was lloyds way. he has a 50+ yard catch from the cowboys game and 40+ yard catch last week, not to mention a few bombs he caught that were called back by penalties. lloyd is good.

Have you bumped you head do I ever watched Redskins games? Umm do you see my age ? I have been a fan long before you were even thought of anyway,Some of you are not being realistic this kid is going to have a tough time. You think because he is in there he's going to get you some wins if so then you are delusional. I'm big fan maybe bigger than most of you but just being realistic.

Things may look a little better but do not expect things to change drastically this team and I said team still have major holes.

obviously campbell is gonna struggle, i really dont think anyone would argue this. but the fact is, the kid has an arm. i gauruntee hes gonna take some shots down the field, unlike brunell. once he gets comfortable with the offense, i think were gonna see a lot more passes downfield. i know this is weird for everyone considering we all forgot what a deep pass looks like.

I understand everyone is excited about seeing Jason in there I am too but realistically this kid is going to struggle do not think for one minute because you putting him in there you going to start winning some games. You think the Panthers going to have mercy on him next week ?
Blahblahblah runonsentencecuzidon'tknowgrammarblahblah...........Do not think for one minute that Campbell will not give us a better chance to win. He's not scared of the Bucs D and unlike Brunell he CAN throw the ball more than 5 yards. This offense was scoring 3 points on a regular basis with Brunell in there. What else needs to be said?

Blahblahblah runonsentencecuzidon'tknowgrammarblahblah...........Do not think for one minute that Campbell will not give us a better chance to win. He's not scared of the Bucs D and unlike Brunell he CAN throw the ball more than 5 yards. This offense was scoring 3 points on a regular basis with Brunell in there. What else needs to be said?

^^^lol

Archived