Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do people think Randle El is a bust?

Portis4President

Randle El is very exciting every time he touches the ball he has the ability to make something happen. Either by his feet or arm he is everything I expected him to be and more. He may get more passes thrown to him with the QB change. Our receivers look bad because Brunell wasnt throwing deep to any of them.

For some reason you've gone crazy in this thread and made your self look very foolish. Randle-El IS the #3 WR. You can sit there and quote "articles", which further promotes the notion that you don't really know what you're talking about. If you look at who lines up, it's Lloyd at #2 and Randle-El at #3. He also returns kicks. By the way, 4th is pretty good. So he is a #3WR/PR/gadget play-reverse guy. His cap # this year is $1.590 million. Next year it will be $1.595 million. While his receiving statistics are low, that can easily be attributed to overall poor offensive production and dismal QB play. He's played nine games and you are in here yelling bust and overpaid, like all the other uniformed, idiot fans of franchises that lack the intelligence.

Total Stats:

Receiving: 18 rec 167 yds 9.3yd avg 1 TD

Rushing: 13 att 81yds 6.2yd avg

Punt Returns: 22 ret 272 yds 12.4yd avg 1 TD

Total(9 games): 53 touches 520 yds 9.8yd avg 2TD

Those may not be the stats of the most valuable guy in the league, but for $1.59 million, to say he is a complete bust, especially so early on, is ignorant. :helmet:

(in a whiny tone) But the article says...:rolleyes:

(ditto)But he got a big signing bonus...:rolleyes:

Gibbs watched his PRs kill us and wanted him on our team... period. Our franchise is thrilled to have him. ARE is far from a bust.

What are you going to say when Campbell is unable to get him the ball? You think because Campbell is in there now the ball will start to get fling down the field think again. You think the Bucs defense isn't licking their chops at this kid getting his first start.

Campbell is going to get his chances to get the ball downfield, just the same way tht Brunell DID have the time. He just opted or was unable(weak arm) to

get the ball down the field. Campbell is going to make his share of mistakes, but there's no reason that this guy shouldn't be able to strech the field.

Campbell is going to get his chances to get the ball downfield, just the same way tht Brunell DID have the time. He just opted or was unable(weak arm) to

get the ball down the field. Campbell is going to make his share of mistakes, but there's no reason that this guy shouldn't be able to strech the field.

Yeah, I agree Saunders might take more of a chance to let JC throw the ball down the field. At the same time all I am saying this kid is going to make mistakes it's not going to be all rosy everything is right with the world. This kid is going to have some growing pains. He will look good at times and look like well like a rookie which technically speaking he is even though he is in his second year.

Yeah, I agree Saunders might take more of a chance to let JC throw the ball down the field. At the same time all I am saying this kid is going to make mistakes it's not going to be all rosy everything is right with the world. This kid is going to have some growing pains. He will look good at times and look like well like a rookie which technically speaking he is even though he is in his second year.

It's funny, but nobody anywhere actually says this about Campbell...you're arguing against viewpoints that don't even exist.

It's funny, but nobody anywhere actually says this about Campbell...you're arguing against viewpoints that don't even exist.

Some people are not looking at things realistically either. I have read some say oh well Campbell is in there the winning is going to start happen really?

You do not think for a second that defenses is going to let an unproven QB sit back there and fling the ball around like some may think.

I have read people say JC is in there they going to win 7 straight that is not being realistic a unproven quarterback that he never taken a snap?

I know people going to make the argument about Romo sits to pee and Rivers well Romo sits to pee and Rivers have very good defenses and consistent running games. We do not have a good defense and our running game is inconsistent at best.

Some people are not looking at things realistically either. I have read some say oh well Campbell is in there the winning is going to start happen really?

You do not think for a second that defenses is going to let an unproven QB sit back there and fling the ball around like some may think.

I have read people say JC is in there they going to win 7 straight that is not being realistic a unproven quarterback that he never taken a snap?

I know people going to make the argument about Romo sits to pee and Rivers well Romo sits to pee and Rivers have very good defenses and consistent running games. We do not have a good defense and our running game is inconsistent at best.

You've got maybe three people out of 40,000 members who might say the Skins will win 7 straight now that Campbell is in...but if portraying that miniscule minority as if it's a commonplace viewpoint helps you make your argument, more power to ya...

You've got maybe three people out of 40,000 members who might say the Skins will win 7 straight now that Campbell is in...but if portraying that miniscule minority as if it's a commonplace viewpoint helps you make your argument, more power to ya...

It has been more than three people I assure you. It's great to be excited about JC being in there heck , I am excited to see what we have in this kid but at the same time I do not have blinders on either thinking this kid is not going to struggle .

It has been more than three people I assure you. It's great to be excited about JC being in there heck , I am excited to see what we have in this kid but at the same time I do not have blinders on either thinking this kid is not going to struggle .

Do yourself a favor...read this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180937&page=1&pp=15

And pay particular attention to what the thread starter--Om--says in this one post:

"In all seriousness, the real reason I posted this...was to mention what I haven't seen many suggest so far this week ... that Jason could end up playing really well Sunday."

According to Om, he has NOT seen too many people even suggest that Campbell will play well this coming Sunday, nonetheless that the Skins will win seven in a row now...and he started the thread precisely because practically nobody is saying they expect him to do really well in his first outing. You seem to be alone in thinking that a lot of people are...

After reading that thread, hopefully you'll calm down and won't feel the need to remind people to "take off their blinders"...it's a non-argument, really, it is.

Do yourself a favor...read this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180937&page=1&pp=15

And pay particular attention to what the thread starter--Om--says in this one post:

"In all seriousness, the real reason I posted this...was to mention what I haven't seen many suggest so far this week ... that Jason could end up playing really well Sunday."

According to Om, he has NOT seen too many people even suggest that Campbell will play well this coming Sunday, nonetheless that the Skins will win seven in a row now...and he started the thread precisely because practically nobody is saying they expect him to do really well in his first outing. You seem to be alone in thinking that a lot of people are...

After reading that thread, hopefully you'll calm down and won't feel the need to remind people to "take off their blinders"...it's a non-argument, really, it is.

First of all I was not arguing so do not tell me to calm down when I am already calm.

Secondly I have read in a thread I think it was called predict Campbell stats some were saying he will throw for over 300 yds and the offense will score 35 points or so really? If the Skins should win this game it will be something like 13-9 or something. I apologize if it comes off like I am arguing which I am not I just do not live in fantasy land . Notice I said some I am not saying everyone on the board.

I was reading this article on Yahoo! this morning, and later heard some guy talking about it on 980 FM. When he read the part of it I've pasted below, he said, "We all know how that worked out."

I won't try to assert that we didn't overpay Randle El, but in my opinion he has been one of the brighter and more exciting parts of our team. He's helped us so much on Special Teams and as a reciever and rusher he's certainly had his moments. I really couldn't be happier he's here.

Randle El is not a bust. I thought Brunell had trouble getting the ball downfield and utilizing his speed. The reverses to him worked a good percent of the time and he has looked great on punt returns despite bad blocking. Hopefully, Jason Campbell will be able to get the ball to him downfield and use that burner speed. GO SKINS!!!!!!!!

First of all I was not arguing so do not tell me to calm down when I am already calm.

Secondly I have read in a thread I think it was called predict Campbell stats some were saying he will throw for over 300 yds and the offense will score 35 points or so really? If the Skins should win this game it will be something like 13-9 or something. I apologize if it comes off like I am arguing which I am not I just do not live in fantasy land . Notice I said some I am not saying everyone on the board.

You mean this thread?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180388&page=1&pp=15

I only read the first two pages, but the predictions given were as follows:

280 yards 2 tds, 1 ints

240 yds, TD, INT

200 yards 2 TD and 1 int.

176 yards 1 td 1 int

194 yards 1 Td

108 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs

235 yards 2 TD/ 2 INT

235 yds 1 TD, 1 int

185 yards,1 TD, 2 INT

211 1 td 1 int

258 yards. 3 TD, 1 INT

223yds 2 TD's 0 INTS (I'm dreaming too)

249 yds, 1 TD and 2 INTs

197 1td 2int

The ONLY predictions of Campbell's stats on those first two pages that come remotely close to what you're describing were the following:

375 yards 4 tds (ok fine, just split everything in half..doesn't hurt to fantasize)

387 yds, 4 TD's, 1 INTS, Betts and Duckett run the ball 40 times for 200 yards. Redskins have the ball for 45 minutes.

I'm expecting AT LEAST 28/30 421 yards and 7 touchdowns, any less and he's a failure.

10 of 10 all for TDs. 4 rushes for 4 TDs. 1 Punt Return to the house. 3 FGs with a long of 85.

62 Pass Attempts, 63 Pass Completions, 823 yards, 14 touchdowns

Please don't tell me you thought they were being serious...lol

You mean this thread?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180388&page=1&pp=15

I only read the first two pages, but the predictions given were as follows:

280 yards 2 tds, 1 ints

240 yds, TD, INT

200 yards 2 TD and 1 int.

176 yards 1 td 1 int

194 yards 1 Td

108 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs

235 yards 2 TD/ 2 INT

235 yds 1 TD, 1 int

185 yards,1 TD, 2 INT

211 1 td 1 int

258 yards. 3 TD, 1 INT

223yds 2 TD's 0 INTS (I'm dreaming too)

249 yds, 1 TD and 2 INTs

197 1td 2int

The ONLY predictions of Campbell's stats on those first two pages that come remotely close to what you're describing were the following:

375 yards 4 tds (ok fine, just split everything in half..doesn't hurt to fantasize)

387 yds, 4 TD's, 1 INTS, Betts and Duckett run the ball 40 times for 200 yards. Redskins have the ball for 45 minutes.

I'm expecting AT LEAST 28/30 421 yards and 7 touchdowns, any less and he's a failure.

10 of 10 all for TDs. 4 rushes for 4 TDs. 1 Punt Return to the house. 3 FGs with a long of 85.

62 Pass Attempts, 63 Pass Completions, 823 yards, 14 touchdowns

Please don't tell me you thought they were being serious...lol

Man who knows :laugh: honestly, though I hope the kid does well I really do but again I also know it's going to be tough for him that is all I am saying.

There are some that do think it will make a difference it may make a little difference but not a huge difference because the team has other holes that is all I am saying. To put the blame squarely on the offense like some have is totally unfair when you have to look at the team as a whole.

For some reason you've gone crazy in this thread and made your self look very foolish. Randle-El IS the #3 WR. You can sit there and quote "articles", which further promotes the notion that you don't really know what you're talking about. If you look at who lines up, it's Lloyd at #2 and Randle-El at #3. He also returns kicks. By the way, 4th is pretty good. So he is a #3WR/PR/gadget play-reverse guy. His cap # this year is $1.590 million. Next year it will be $1.595 million. While his receiving statistics are low, that can easily be attributed to overall poor offensive production and dismal QB play. He's played nine games and you are in here yelling bust and overpaid, like all the other uniformed, idiot fans of franchises that lack the intelligence.

Total Stats:

Receiving: 18 rec 167 yds 9.3yd avg 1 TD

Rushing: 13 att 81yds 6.2yd avg

Punt Returns: 22 ret 272 yds 12.4yd avg 1 TD

Total(9 games): 53 touches 520 yds 9.8yd avg 2TD

Those may not be the stats of the most valuable guy in the league, but for $1.59 million, to say he is a complete bust, especially so early on, is ignorant. :helmet:

only redskin fans think he is not a bust the rest of the real world knows better, but its expected......you guys are in la-la land when it comes to football. He may be a #3WR at this pont, which is another reason he is a bust, he was up for the #2 spot and was beat out by Lloyd...hahaha the only reason lloyd is not mentioned as a bust b/c even he is better then ARE! ARE gives you nothing but 2 rec/game and runs 50 yards on a 15 yard return....whooo hooo exciting!!!

They couldnt reach or harm a QB with bad footwork and horrible accuracy.

That's very true my friend but the results still remained the same. All I am saying once again some thought changing qb would help what is ailing this team and the results is the same. I have said that all year what is the obvious the defense.

That's very true my friend but the results still remained the same. All I am saying once again some thought changing qb would help what is ailing this team and the results is the same. I have said that all year what is the obvious the defense.

Nobody says the defense is not a problem.

QB Was a problem too. We knew we could change that.

The result was the same yesterday because the play callers didn't run the ball and keep the defense off the field. But yesterday we looked much better at quarterback. Now we have something to build on.

Nobody says the defense is not a problem.

QB Was a problem too. We knew we could change that.

The result was the same yesterday because the play callers didn't run the ball and keep the defense off the field. But yesterday we looked much better at quarterback. Now we have something to build on.

True but the flipside of that still even if the offense kept the defense off the field for awhile it would still been the same. This defense has shown it can't stop anyone whether you give them a break or not.

Archived