Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do people think Randle El is a bust?

Portis4President

That's ridiculous!!

The word bust has no place being in a sentence with Randle El's name in it. He's the real deal, and so is Lloyd, of course it may take a little while finding this out, because we are still waiting for a quarterback that understands this system enough to start getting the ball into these gifted play makers hands.

Next year, people that said such ridiculous things will be eating crow.

That's ridiculous!!

The word bust has no place being in a sentence with Randle El's name in it. He's the real deal, and so is Lloyd, of course it may take a little while finding this out, because we are still waiting for a quarterback that understands this system enough to start getting the ball into these gifted play makers hands.

Next year, people that said such ridiculous things will be eating crow.

Wait a second, are you trying to say that maybe we need to wait a little while sometimes to see if players develop? That is a totally foreign idea to me, because I'm a Redskins fan. Here's a few million dollars.

obviously campbell is gonna struggle, i really dont think anyone would argue this. but the fact is, the kid has an arm. i gauruntee hes gonna take some shots down the field, unlike brunell. once he gets comfortable with the offense, i think were gonna see a lot more passes downfield. i know this is weird for everyone considering we all forgot what a deep pass looks like.

I give you that the kid does have a great arm and can get the ball down the field more so then Brunell maybe I'm reading in to it wrong but I just sense because you put JC in there people think automatically they will start winning games it just does not work that way. I wish him well I really do and I think you will see some good games out of him but to think he's going to come in and make everything better is not looking at things realistically. When you have other issues on this team as I stated time after time you have a defense that has not stop anyone. They made Vince Young look like the second coming of Warren Moon or Steve Mcnair :doh:

ARE hasnt been thrown to enough. We get glimpses of what he can do but he doesnt get the touches. Lloyd by no means is a bust. He catches what is thrown his way rather it be long or short...the opportunities may not be but so many but the guy plays hard, catches, blocks and has a good attitude.

Archeluta and Carter = busts for sure though.

Wait a second, are you trying to say that maybe we need to wait a little while sometimes to see if players develop? That is a totally foreign idea to me, because I'm a Redskins fan.

Not even close.

Good thing you're not a foreign language translator, cause you just totally messed up what I said and meant in simple english.:laugh:

But that's okay.:D

No, I think he is performing solidily if there is any of the free agents I feel that are busts Carter, Lloyd and Arch. I thought two of the three were bad moves anyway but that is just my opinion Lloyd and Arch.

Lets see,

Andre Carter has 15 solo tackles, 2 sacks. Tied for the lead in sacks on the team. If everyone understood the defensive rush scheme, they don't want our ends to rush like a standard pass rush, they want them to win the battle. Carter is one of our only lineman that gets double teamed. His counterpart Philip Daniels, has 11 solo tackles, 2 sacks. They are producing about the same, though no one says how poorly Daniels is playing or how we need to get rid of him.

Arch, has 45 solo tackles! Thats only 1 less than his counterpart Sean Taylor, who has played 2 more games than him. And has been just as exploited in the pass game. And the guy that replaced him is being exploited as well (Vincent got burned by TO), although you are right we did not need to bring him in, because we already had Sean Taylor, the hard hitter.

And, Lloyd, 15 catches for 237 yards, third in yardage on the team. Behind Moss and Cooley, he is having 1/2 the production of Moss, and I think we can all see how that Moss is targeted way more than just 2 times per Lloyds 1. He's a great receiver and we don't utilize his skills enough. He made a great block the spring Portis for that TD against Dallas, and he makes BIG plays.

I hate to say it, but we are stuck with Archuleta, so we should use him when he is needed for certain, because he is VERY good at run support, and POOR at coverage.

Its not the free agents that suck, they all have talent, it is the way they have been utilized that makes them look bad.

i love the fact that andre carter doesnt log 5 sacks a game means hes a bust. i think he'll pan out at some point and he looks better each game. archuleta though, now that guy SUUUUUUCKS.

Yeah right now he does but also maybe the fact he needs some one else on the other side of him to be effective. Daniels is pretty much at the end of his career that is something they will have to address in the off season.

You also have to remember that he has to make that adjustment back to defensive end after playing linebacker last season for the Niners it's not an easy adjustment.

Blahblahblah runonsentencecuzidon'tknowgrammarblahblah...........Do not think for one minute that Campbell will not give us a better chance to win. He's not scared of the Bucs D and unlike Brunell he CAN throw the ball more than 5 yards. This offense was scoring 3 points on a regular basis with Brunell in there. What else needs to be said?

Whatever, How about a defense that gave up 30 points to a team that could only muster up 7 points against the Texans one of the worst defenses talking about the Jaguars so your point is moot.

You might score a little more with Campbell but it will not help if the defense gives up 20 or something points to a kid If you think that will not happen then you are delusional they made Vince Young look like an all pro so your point is ?

There is more problems with this team than the offense.

Lets see,

Andre Carter has 15 solo tackles, 2 sacks. Tied for the lead in sacks on the team. If everyone understood the defensive rush scheme, they don't want our ends to rush like a standard pass rush, they want them to win the battle. Carter is one of our only lineman that gets double teamed. His counterpart Philip Daniels, has 11 solo tackles, 2 sacks. They are producing about the same, though no one says how poorly Daniels is playing or how we need to get rid of him.

Arch, has 45 solo tackles! Thats only 1 less than his counterpart Sean Taylor, who has played 2 more games than him. And has been just as exploited in the pass game. And the guy that replaced him is being exploited as well (Vincent got burned by TO), although you are right we did not need to bring him in, because we already had Sean Taylor, the hard hitter.

And, Lloyd, 15 catches for 237 yards, third in yardage on the team. Behind Moss and Cooley, he is having 1/2 the production of Moss, and I think we can all see how that Moss is targeted way more than just 2 times per Lloyds 1. He's a great receiver and we don't utilize his skills enough. He made a great block the spring Portis for that TD against Dallas, and he makes BIG plays.

I hate to say it, but we are stuck with Archuleta, so we should use him when he is needed for certain, because he is VERY good at run support, and POOR at coverage.

Its not the free agents that suck, they all have talent, it is the way they have been utilized that makes them look bad.

Unfortunately you're right we are stuck with him *sigh* I do not deny Lloyd has great skills I have seen him make some unbelievable catches but when he has had the chances to make him here . I just haven't seen enough of them to be sold on this guy.

There has been some passes right to him and what does he do he drops them you get paid to make catches.

Unfortunately you're right we are stuck with him *sigh* I do not deny Lloyd has great skills I have seen him make some unbelievable catches but when he has had the chances to make him here . I just haven't seen enough of them to be sold on this guy.

There has been some passes right to him and what does he do he drops them you get paid to make catches.

He has only dropped 1 or 2 passes this year, right? Whatcha talkin' bout willis?

this was already posted...

but no, I don't think he's been a bust

I think he should also be returning kicks, but he's giving us everything he's got considering how pathetic Brunell's QB play was

get a live arm in there, aka Jason Campbell, and watch our young core of WRs take off

He has only dropped 1 or 2 passes this year, right? Whatcha talkin' bout willis?

:laugh: Willis.. I think there are couple more than 1 or 2. I have seen a few passes that hit him right in the numbers. Even so even the ones that might be slightly thrown behind him you get paid to make them catches. He did with the Niners some passes were thrown behind him and he made great catchs how come it's not happening here ?

Nah, Randle El has been a bright spot on offense despite the fact that he doesn't get the ball thrown to him and the punt return game has been excellent. No more fear of fumbles or fair catches inside the 10. He puts a spark in the return game even if it's just a five yard return. He's always looking for a crease.

I don't think Lloyd's a bust. However, I don't think it was worth giving up a 3rd and 4th rd pick to get him. Especially when you look at the holes the Skins have on defense. They could of waited a year and signed him this coming offseason and given up no draft picks.

Old People Have Problims Wiff Computurrs

Hey youngster,

44 isn't old, if you look over your shoulder you will find that old age is right behind you waiting to bite you in the *****. You will find this out and wonder how it happened.

So enjoy your youth while you have it.

From someone who has been there and done that.

Archived