Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I would like them to keep burgundy, gold, and the throwbacks (ditching the white for now). I would love these throwbacks to be the once- or twice-per-year uniforms for a while. It seems like some teams have the same ones that they wear each season (Dallas, Pittsburgh, etc.).

I agree with these combos. Burgundy jerseys with Gold pants at home, white jerseys with burgundy pants on the road and mix in the '37 throwbacks once or twice a year. That being said.. if you think about it, the gold pants with burgundy jerseys are kind of throwbacks themselves to the George Allen Era (minus the jersey stripes & number piping).

I agree with these combos. Burgundy jerseys with Gold pants at home, white jerseys with burgundy pants on the road and mix in the '37 throwbacks once or twice a year.

I would love to see that. Maybe we wear our throwbacks on Thanksgiving weekend (I actually think all teams should wear throwbacks that weekend) and one other home game earlier in the year.

I would like them to keep burgundy, gold, and the throwbacks (ditching the white for now). I would love these throwbacks to be the once- or twice-per-year uniforms for a while. It seems like some teams have the same ones that they wear each season (Dallas, Pittsburgh, etc.).

I agree wholeheartedly. throw the white pants away, and let the White /White playoff run be immortalized. I think we'd be allowed to keep the throwbacks forever though, because it would be the third jersey/pants combination, which would mean that it would be in compliance with the current NFL rulebook.

And to be honest, I kind of liked the burg/burg look in a vaccuum. It's just hideous because everytime we put them on, we lost. And losing isn't really really all that shocking, since we did a lot of it, but we just lost embarrasingly. You have the MNF beatdown, The Swinging Gate, and the game where we lost to the Cowboys in a 7-6 barnburner.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

• 1 month later...
I agree wholeheartedly. throw the white pants away, and let the White /White playoff run be immortalized. I think we'd be allowed to keep the throwbacks forever though, because it would be the third jersey/pants combination, which would mean that it would be in compliance with the current NFL rulebook.

And to be honest, I kind of liked the burg/burg look in a vaccuum. It's just hideous because everytime we put them on, we lost. And losing isn't really really all that shocking, since we did a lot of it, but we just lost embarrasingly. You have the MNF beatdown, The Swinging Gate, and the game where we lost to the Cowboys in a 7-6 barnburner.

well, yeah, but that was just because we had Zorn as a coach...i think now with RG3 at QB and coach mike, we would win more often that not, so i dont think the losing had anything to do with the burg/burg.

There is no news that I've read about anything with Uni changes and the Skins. I imagine what we saw last year with Burgundy Tops/Gold Pants at home and then a mix of White tops/Gold or Burgundy pants on the road. Maybe if we wearing burgundy tops on the road, then white pants.

I this this should be the away look. The numbering and sleeves.

$(KGrHqUOKpQE24C4w5DEBNzEiv!UCg~~_12.JPG

well, yeah, but that was just because we had Zorn as a coach...i think now with RG3 at QB and coach mike, we would win more often that not, so i dont think the losing had anything to do with the burg/burg.

I never said they were the reason why we lost, hence the "I liked them, in a vacuum." post. I said that every time we put them on, we played horribly, which is all people would naturally associate that combination with... horrible football. Every jersey looks worse on teams that play poorly. We played terrible in just about every jersey that we put on, it's just that we played excruciatingly terrible whenever we wore those jerseys, normally on a special/semi-special occasion, in which we played better teams, who (along with our own incompetence at every level) embarrassed us.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Is there any news on an updated uniform for us in the future? Sounds as if the Dolphins, Jags, and Vikings are all getting updates to their uni's. I think it would be nice to have a cool Alt while keeping what we have.

not from what i've heard. all 3 of these teams were known to be updating their look over a year ago. i doubt we would change anything major anyways.

Is there any news on an updated uniform for us in the future? Sounds as if the Dolphins, Jags, and Vikings are all getting updates to their uni's. I think it would be nice to have a cool Alt while keeping what we have.

Dolphins and Jags revealed new helmet logos.

300x316xmedium.jpg.pagespeed.ic.81vBJ6gIIz.jpg6U05eMC.jpg

I thought I heard that the Vikings were going to go back to their old style uniforms. Now which old style I don't know. This?

130682985_amazoncom-cris-carter-reebok-replica-minnesota-vikings-.jpg

Or this?

Minnesota-Vikings-88-Jersey-Alan-Page-Purple-1975-Throwback-Jersey.jpg

I heard they want the jersey to match the helmet as the color has been off.

Edited by pjfootballer

Dolphins and Jags revealed new helmet logos.

http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/300x316xmedium.jpg.pagespeed.ic.81vBJ6gIIz.jpghttp://cdn0.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/283291/6U05eMC.jpg

I thought I heard that the Vikings were going to go back to their old style uniforms. Now which old style I don't know. This?

http://img0009.popscreencdn.com/130682985_amazoncom-cris-carter-reebok-replica-minnesota-vikings-.jpg

Or this?

http://www.jerseyss.net/images/images/NFL_Jerseys/Minnesota-Vikings-88-Jersey-Alan-Page-Purple-1975-Throwback-Jersey.jpg

I heard they want the jersey to match the helmet as the color has been off.

Good. I didn't think anything was wrong with their old Moss/Carter era uni's. Those uni's with their current helmet would look pretty sweet.

I never said they were the reason why we lost, hence the "I liked them, in a vacuum." post. I said that every time we put them on, we played horribly, which is all people would naturally associate that combination with... horrible football. Every jersey looks worse on teams that play poorly. We played terrible in just about every jersey that we put on, it's just that we played excruciatingly terrible whenever we wore those jerseys, normally on a special/semi-special occasion, in which we played better teams, who (along with our own incompetence at every level) embarrassed us.

That is exactly how I feel about the 75th anniversary uniforms. In a vacuum I love them, but I associate them with our loss to the Giants in early 2007.

• 4 weeks later...

here are the Jags and Dolphins Uni's to who may be interested

BIjogJSCMAIVhzX.jpg

Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII

I think me & my brothers want some new concept uniforms

“@HatedBySociety: @RGIII do u prefer the old school or new redskins jerseys?”

also RG3 talking about wanting new uniforms he has spoken.. and it shall be done lol

That is exactly how I feel about the 75th anniversary uniforms. In a vacuum I love them, but I associate them with our loss to the Giants in early 2007.

I don't understand why people liked the 75th uniforms so much? I thought they were the ugliest uniforms we ever wore..That political "R" on the cheesy yellow (gold) helmets gave us an appearance that lacked intimidation.

here are the Jags and Dolphins Uni's to who may be interested

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIjogJSCMAIVhzX.jpg

Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII

I think me & my brothers want some new concept uniforms

“@HatedBySociety: @RGIII do u prefer the old school or new redskins jerseys?”

also RG3 talking about wanting new uniforms he has spoken.. and it shall be done lol

I didnt think it was possible for the Miami Dolphins uniform to appear any less masculine but that new logo really takes the sissy to a new level.

As for RG3, well I agree and wouldn't mind seeing a new uniform that wasn't a throwback once a year.

The new Dolphin looks like he's trying to push out a turd. Hate the white facemask.

Jags going away from their teal to stupid black jereseys and helmet. Hooray, you do what everyone else in sports does-- tries to be a "imtimidating" with their black jerseys. Helmet looks like a pile of garbage. Looks like half a hamburger bun. And the "flat" or non shiny black is horrific.

Edited by pjfootballer

We probably all better be careful about what we are saying about other team's unis. We might be in the same situation some day. Just a thought.

True, but our colors are ten times better than those teams. Knock on wood, but I think it'd be hard to screw up the B&G.

True' date=' but our colors are ten times better than those teams. Knock on wood, but I think it'd be hard to screw up the B&G.[/quote']

I hope whenever the new ones come out their spot on but time will tell.

RG3 needs to zip it. I don't want Nike anywhere near our uniforms. We'll end up with a shiny gold version of Oregon's chrome feathered helmets. If teams with no history like the Jags or Seahawks want to go that way fine. Leave us alone.

Bring it on! We can make something new and fresh work even if it is hideous for one game a year.

I only wish next year we roll with burgundy and gold pants plus an alternate. I need my burgundy pants back.

Home- Burgundy jersey/gold pants

Away- White jersey/ Burgundy pants

Alt- White Jersey/ Gold Pants

Alt Special One game -Let RG3 design them

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man