Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

In my opinion, the old traditional jerseys are kinda dumb, for all teams. I mean, thats the past. Their glory has run out, we need new uniforms to start NEW traditions for this team.

I would agree if they were being used to "recapture the magic" of the past. But, in a lot of cases (recently both New York teams are a good example), the retro uniforms just look good.

The classic 1960s look that the Jets and Giants have are drastic improvements over the 1980s look that they previously wore. The same would be the case with the Skins. If they could go with that throwback from the Spurrier year (the spear helmet) or the uniforms from the George Allen era, I think it would look much better.

I have NOT been a fan of the more modern uniform changes in the NFL lately. The Falcons, Vikings, Broncos, and even the Eagles (as subtle as theirs were) are all much worse than the uniforms they wore in the past. The last GOOD uniform change was the Bucs.

It's called tradition and history. Iconic teams have an Iconic uniform. Changing something that has stood the test of time would be a waste. look at the teams that have recently changed (eagles, seahawks, Pat's) they all look like ****.

Don't forget the BILLS. Vomit.

I'd like to go back to the darker burgundy and the golder gold. I would've liked our Lombardi throwbacks if the colors didn't make us look like Ronald McDonald out there. Also, the fact that he designed them to look like the Packers' uniforms is a little annoying. I think we should keep our current helmet and just tweak the stripes and colors a little for the jerseys and pants. Burgundy over gold at home, white over burgundy on the road, with Sean Taylor stripes on the socks.

PS: Why is this thread constantly on the front pa-- oh, right. It's the off-season already. All these meaningful and exciting football games this past weekend had me going for a minute there.

It's called tradition and history. Iconic teams have an Iconic uniform. Changing something that has stood the test of time would be a waste. look at the teams that have recently changed (eagles, seahawks, Pat's) they all look like ****.

and all those teams have done better than us in recent history, your point is?

My point is you should stick to your coloring books. The newly designed uniforms look like ****.

So we change our colors. What's next? Our fight song?

lmfao, I dont believe anyone here is suggesting we change our colors, just the uniforms. i doubt we could possibly end up with anything worse than, or even close to, the space suits the patriots call their uniforms.

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by SKOALSKIN viewpost.gif

My point is you should stick to your coloring books. The newly designed uniforms look like ****.

So we change our colors. What's next? Our fight song?

lmfao, I dont believe anyone here is suggesting we change our colors, just the uniforms. i doubt we could possibly end up with anything worse than, or even close to, the space suits the patriots call their uniforms.

I'd like to go back to the uniform style of the 80's & early 90's which were the glory years. Here's what I mean, take a look at the difference between our jerseys now and back in the early 90's:

Now

clinton-portis.bmp

early 90's

artmonk.jpg

As you can see, the 80's & early 90's style had a more definitive gold color around the numbers, and thinner numbers instead of the big block numbering of the current jerseys.

Guest Spearfeather
I'd like to go back to the uniform style of the 80's & early 90's which were the glory years. Here's what I mean, take a look at the difference between our jerseys now and back in the early 90's:

As you can see, the 80's & early 90's style had a more definitive gold color around the numbers, and thinner numbers instead of the big block numbering of the current jerseys.

The numbers on the uniforms in the 80's and early 90's were screen printed. The numbers now are actual material sewn on. When they made that switch, the numbers did get a little larger.

• 2 weeks later...

Now

clinton-portis.bmp

early 90's

artmonk.jpg

Back then, teams could use different companies to design the uniforms. Now all the teams use 1 company per the league mandate. I think we use Reebok now. Or maybe they rotate companies every few years.

the version of our current uniform style that I like most was made by bike. This is most prominent in the Superbowl XXII season. I just like the bigger vent holes in the Jersey.

Back then, teams could use different companies to design the uniforms. Now all the teams use 1 company per the league mandate. I think we use Reebok now. Or maybe they rotate companies every few years.

the version of our current uniform style that I like most was made by bike. This is most prominent in the Superbowl XXII season. I just like the bigger vent holes in the Jersey.

bike? You mean Nike? I think you're confusing retail jerseys with game jerseys.

Russell Athletic made game jerseys in the 80s.

Ripon Athletic is making game jerseys currently.

tag search: instant jersey info

Re the mesh - it's my understanding that jerseys with wider mesh were issued to players during hot weather games. The jerseys with narrower mesh were issued during cold weather games. The jersey manufacturers are the same.

Edited by Mark The Homer

Just keep it simple. Use the the championship standard uniform. White tops,Burgundy pants, White socks. As much as possible. They probably wear the Burgundy 2 or 3 times a year. Like when the play the Cowboys at their place. Some uniforms don't have to be changed like the Bears,Steelers and Redskins. Keep it as is.

just keep it simple. Use the the championship standard uniform. White tops,burgundy pants, white socks. As much as possible. They probably wear the burgundy 2 or 3 times a year. Like when the play the cowboys at their place. Some uniforms don't have to be changed like the bears,steelers and redskins. Keep it as is.

agree

x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

Guest Spearfeather
I don't mind a change...even if simple. I didn't mind Zorn going white in warm weather and burgundy in cold weather. Maybe throw the yellow pants with the burgundy jerseys and that could be it.

So, warm weather home games = white jerseys and burgundy pants and cold weather home games = burgundy jerseys and yellow pants.

I think this is a likely scenario. Bruce Allen talked about " utilizing our colors "

when L. Michael asked him about it.

agree

x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

Definitely disagree!

Home = Burgundy Jersey / Gold Pants (George Allen era)

Away = White Jersey / Burgundy Pants (Gibbs era)

Alt Home = 70th Anniversary

Alt Away = 75th Anniversary

Everyone wins. What's so hard about that? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Definitely disagree!

This would be the ideal situation for me. I think that bringing back the yellow pants is a great idea and utilizing both Anniversary uniforms as potential alternates just makes sense.

I believe the nfl rules that uniform changes have to be made by a certain point in the offseason however I think that only applies to Jerseys so we could bring back the Gold pants since they are our alternates whenever we wanted to. That said I love the All White and the All Burg..As a change up every now and then

Definitely disagree!

Alt Home & Away = 70th Anniversary, 75th Anniversary, All White, & All Burgundy

• 2 weeks later...
Definitely disagree!

So long as we were home white against Dallas, that will work for me. :)