Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

During my days of playing soccer- I had a couple differnt coachs state that the most intimidating color on a field is always red. Dont know if this was ever researched or not though. Burgandy is close enough to red so my vote stays with Burgundy and Gold, with less white.

saints have the ugliest unis in the NFL IMO. lets not copy anything they do.

YES THEY DO! The Saints have about 3 different color Golds. The collar of the black jersey is some nasty looking yellow. They helmet is a dark kind of gold, and when you look at the collar and then look at the helmet or the numbers, it just looks trifling.

The Saints' dark gold is officially called antique gold. the same color we had on our helmets in the 1950s and antique gold is the best shade of gold for football colors.

As far as us posibly getting black jerseys, that just great. Now we can look like every other team. :doh: But I guess a new look sells jersies and who likes the black jersies more than anyone else? The same group that demographically probably buys more jersies than anyone. The 18-30 group. New look, more $$$ in the owner's pocket and probably the same old results on the field. :doh: Successful business. Failure of a franchise. That's what we are.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a search for this thread topic and didn't see one, if there is one you can delete this thread. I notice a lot of teams now days have three uniforms. Away, Home and an Alternate. There's the Ravens Black Jersey, and the Giants Red Jersey, Jacksonville, Black Jersey etc etc. So, I was wondering what Redskins nation would think of maybe a Gold and/or Yellow Jersey for the Skins Alternate Jersey? I think it would be a great idea. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Skins used to wear Gold/Yellow jerseys back in the day? I'm just curious what other skins fans think about this and if they think it would be a good idea. Again, sorry if this has already been discussed, please don't hurt me. ;)

BK

Purdue wore a gold jersey a couple years ago and it looked horrible. Please, no gold jerseys. Also we never wore gold or yellow as a jersey color. Various shades of burgundy have always been our dark jersey color. I like the idea of going back to our 70s look myself except with a darker shade of burgundy than what they were in the 70s.

Here's a Rams jersey. Envision the blue parts as burgundy. yuck

c7_1.JPG

Purdue wore a gold jersey a couple years ago and it looked horrible. Please, no gold jerseys. Also we never wore gold or yellow as a jersey color. Various shades of burgundy have always been our dark jersey color. I like the idea of going back to our 70s look myself except with a darker shade of burgundy than what they were in the 70s.

Here's a Rams jersey. Envision the blue parts as burgundy. yuck

c7_1.JPG

yah, i'm not really thinking that type of gold color though. More like a yellow gold that's on the skins Jersey now. Def. NO BLACK! But a yellow gold is what I am thinking.

Actually, a few years ago, I saw Arizona State U. wear gold (yellow) jerseys with burgundy pants and it looked really neat!! So, yes, the Redskins could wear it equally well.

Three years ago, the Miami Dolphins were the first team that I'm aware of to wear 4 different jerseys in the same season; white (home), aqua (away), 1973 Throwbacks on Thanksgiving Day (they beat Dallas that day), and alternate orange when they came from behind to beat the Redskins (Ricky Williams scored 2 TDs in the 4th Qtr).

If Danny Boy and his marketing department buddies have a lick of common sense, they would be wise to follow the Dolphins example and wear 4 different jerseys during their aforementioned upcoming 75th Anniversary season-- a white, burgundy, throwback (similar to 70th anniv.) and, yes, a gold alternate (3rd) jersey. That way, you satisfy the tastes of all the fans. And when to wear the gold jerseys? How about preseason? Goodness knows, they have to do something to liven up preseason, and gold jerseys (with the same design features as the white and dark jerseys) would be an excellent symbolic gesture to Gibbs' vow to energize the preseason! The gold could also be used as a pregame jersey switch a couple of times during the regular season, a la Notre Dame.

Are you listening, Mr. Snyder (and Coach Gibbs)?:helmet:

I think a gold alternate jersey, with burgundy numbers and trim, would look cool. A throwback look.

I really like the 70th anniversary unis too, but I don't think we've worn them since Joe Gibbs took over.

I think that they would look nice also.

The 70th anniversary jerseys would look great in gold with the burgundy numbers also.