Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Hey RD421, nice sig. Interesting: It looks like all three draft picks wore the same suite.

I personally don't care what the uniform is if they win. I like the white Jersey - Burg pants because that's what I grew up with. The white on white was terrible, team looked like marshmallows. More Burg would be ok. Don't touch the helmet.

I agree with the earlier posts, wear white jerseys/burgundy pants first couple games because of the heat. Then change to burgundy jerseys/white pants for rest of games. This team is built on tradition, but we need to stop living in the past, this is not 1983, new coach, time for a change.
If anything, I think we should just keep the same uni configuration and just substitute our "burgundy" and "gold" for true burgundy and gold.

That being said, I'm perfectly happy with our current look.

This is my point exactly. I just think some upgrades would be good cool. Nothing drastic. But our team has lived in the past but the fact is the skins have changed their uniforms several times before. So I think with the new coach and new era, lets do something different.

Just so everyone knows, they have changed their uniforms eleven times since 1932. So, while I kind of understand our tradition because they have had the same uniforms ever since I've watched them, they still have changed and I think if they were to change, now would be a good time. But like I said before, not too drastic. :point2sky

All I know is if we wear that ugly **** we wore when we lost to the Giants I will :puke:

Crazy talk - those unis were sweet.

Why not wear multiple styles throughout the season?

Home - White Pants/Burgundy Jerseys

Alt Home - Burgundy on Burgundy

Alt Home #2 - 70th Anniversary

Alt Home #3 - 75th Anniversary (but with Burgundy Jerseys)

Away - Burgundy Pants/White Jerseys

Alt Away - White Pants/White Jerseys (I liked em - especially when they wore them against Dallas).

Alt Away #2 - 75th Anniversary - White Jerseys

-----

Typically we wear the same thing 14 times a year, only breaking out the Burgundy Jerseys at Phili and at Dallas. I think mixing it up now and then is the way to do it. I'm not saying change every week, but now and then is OK.

Crazy talk - those unis were sweet.

Why not wear multiple styles throughout the season?

Home - White Pants/Burgundy Jerseys

Alt Home - Burgundy on Burgundy

Alt Home #2 - 70th Anniversary

Alt Home #3 - 75th Anniversary (but with Burgundy Jerseys)

Away - Burgundy Pants/White Jerseys

Alt Away - White Pants/White Jerseys (I liked em - especially when they wore them against Dallas).

Alt Away #2 - 75th Anniversary - White Jerseys

-----

Typically we wear the same thing 14 times a year, only breaking out the Burgundy Jerseys at Phili and at Dallas. I think mixing it up now and then is the way to do it. I'm not saying change every week, but now and then is OK.

Finally an idea that makes sense. I prefer white on burgundy myself and wouldn't mind seeing the occasional change up, but we have an identity with our uniform. Lets not change that.

we have an identity with our uniform. Lets not change that.

Agreed.

Maybe for 2 home games wear an alternate, and for 2 away games wear an alternate (on the road in Dallas with the thowback 75th unis for example). For the remaining 12 games wear what we usually wear.

• 3 weeks later...

this is PURE speculation, so I guess take this with a grain of salt (and move it to the 'fashion police thread' if you must), but at the rookie photo shoot the rookies were wearing burgundy.. probably doesn't mean much, since every team was wearing their color jerseys, but its an excuse to use "maroon and black" in a title/post these photos :

09000d5d8085f4e0_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d8085f4dd_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d8085f4ec_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d8085f4ee_gallery_600.jpg

(great caption by the way: Matt Forte of the Chicago Bears, left, and Devin Thomas of the Washington Redskins dance to the G-rated Dee-Jay during the 2008 NFL Players Rookie Premiere at the Los Angeles Coliseum in Los Angeles, California on May 17, 2008. (Photo by Carly Chamberlin/NFL.com))

link: http://www.nfl.com/photo/photo-gallery?chronicleId=09000d5d8085f1de

I doubt that the attire worn for trading cards will have much influence on the team's jersey-related decisions; the trading card company (companies? do multiple companies do photo shoots together?) probably just ordered color jerseys for all the participants.

Cool pictures but players are obviously going to wear "their" color jerseys for the photoshoot. Otherwise you're going to have everyone in white jerseys. They're going to use their "own" colors so they stand out. This has NOTHING to do with what jerseys we will wear at home this season.

Nice pics, good to see the rooks with their full jersey/pads on. Plus they got to have the awesome decal on the helmet! A little preview before they earn it.

Side note, looking at the first pic I guess the NFL photographers have to be ripped as well. Sign him, vet min + incentives. ;)

white jersey's at home! I hate the burgandy ones it reminds me of marty and steve S

That's why they should either bring back the George Allen-era unis with the yellow pants, or go to the spear throwback full time. The Skins wore burgundy jerseys at home from 1965-80, which included all the seasons of the George Allen uniform.

Its my understanding that a lot of the color changes have to do with merchandising.

They bring out a special jersey, and it then goes up for sale, and us 'hard cores" buy them.

Odds are they won't change anything permanently, but they may wear it as a "special" to just add to my collection.:silly: