Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

16 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

step in the right direction. 

Overall the Tanyaverse really ****ed up the design and it'll all need a change when The Harris Ownership Group (Hog) deems the right time.

They'll get it right when the time comes.  In the meantime, this kit looks quite a bit better with the gold pants so let's do it.

I agree with a previous comment–they need the stripe. But this is a major improvement, and might signal another small step away from "Commanders," if that makes sense. 

FB_IMG_1720543616863.thumb.jpg.0a2cef028cdb2e4c33c2921523d3bb4e.jpg

6 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

It's like putting lipstick on a pig...but at least the pig looks better with lipstick.

Yep. The "burgundy" on burgundy in this look was terrible. The white pants with it are ok, but not 80s Gibbs era clean. I'd like to see these pants with the white jersey. Shame about the black alts being so terrible. If you have a Gold.....or White Helmet. You could have so many combos.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

At the very least, they no longer look like the Cardinals. That's a big improvement on its own.

Next time they draft a player from USC and a website wants to photoshop the player into a Commies uniform, all they need to do is change the helmet logo.

Edited by NickyJ

30 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Shame about the black alts being so terrible. If you have a Gold.....or White Helmet. You could have so many combos.

One tweak would make that combo a lot better, going with burgundy numbers with gold trim on black versus the current gold number with burgundy trim on black.  Burgundy gets lost entirely in the current config.

The yellow pants are stupid. Bruce Allen brought them back. We never wore them in the Gibbs era. They look like the Green Bay Packers look Lombardi was going for when he became the head coach. The only nice gold pants are with the throwback uniforms with the dark burgundy jersey. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The yellow pants are stupid. Bruce Allen brought them back. We never wore them in the Gibbs era. They look like the Green Bay Packers look Lombardi was going for when he became the head coach. The only nice gold pants are with the throwback uniforms with the dark burgundy jersey. 

Larry Brown and Charlie Taylor would like a word. They looked badass and played badass.

charley-taylor-redskins-e1659366466510.j

larry.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I always liked the gold pants. I remember when they dropped the white pants in '79 as a wee lad and thought it looked terrible. Gibbs made it worse by insisting on wearing white jerseys at home all the time, so we only saw the other uniform 2-3 times a year at most.

I also remember the big cheer the gold pants received when they trotted them out in Week 1 of the 2010 season.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Larry Brown and Charlie Taylor would like a word. They looked badass and played badass.

charley-taylor-redskins-e1659366466510.j

larry.jpg

The Larry Brown one looks like the Packers. The Charlie Taylor one is ok. 

This one is better:

IMG_0022.thumb.webp.0eff410f6ee9abe28cfcec47d28a6ab5.webp

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The Larry Brown one looks like the Packers. The Charlie Taylor one is ok. 

This one is better:

IMG_0022.thumb.webp.0eff410f6ee9abe28cfcec47d28a6ab5.webp

I love a deeper darker burgundy and gold. And think they could hybrid these for a future new uniform. But this is a step forward and nice shoutout to Sonny, Hanburger, Pat Fischer, etc. 

4 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I love a deeper darker burgundy and gold. And think they could hybrid these for a future new uniform. But this is a step forward and nice shoutout to Sonny, Hanburger, Pat Fischer, etc. 

To me, you could take this uniform, take the shoulder logo off and make it our throwback today.  Then, in the future, come up with some new legacy iconography to put back into our old kits that are in keeping with the style of each and bring ALL of them back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Luckily we don’t need to look like any particular era of our old dead brand, we just need to look less ****ty than last year until the time to consider bigger changes officially arrives. This is less ****ty than last year imo. 

• Like 2

I can see solid pants and multi colors, but the Jersey sucks and just looks High school and a thing of the past to me, it's trash and from Dan the ass wipe design. You have to ditch the commanders name spelled out on the front. A new modern Logo that defines the commanders as the message if the name is staying.