Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Czaban on the Comcast Brunell incident

hail2skins

I want the tough questions early no matter who is coach or QB or etc. If the reporters and fans don't speak-up, before you know it, the season is over with a 3-13 record and no changes have been made.

So you think our season hinges on how reporters word their questions? I guess that explains your arguement here.

What's so special about Kelly's interviews? The players rarely say anything of consequence. Have you noticed how she always finds a way to mention Shawn Srpings?
Kelly is friendly and personable. She gets the players to relax and be themselves. That is what I like about her interviews.

By contrast, Czaben and Mitchell are abrasive and irritating. They just make people as pissed off as they are. If you like being that way, I geuss you don't mind them, personally I prefer nice people.

I think she flirts with all the players, especially Shawn Springs, but that is her style. So what?

Is this website for real? Is he really this arrogant?! What a douche bag! Please tell me he didn't say, "The Black Big Ben." I am so sick of reporters having to distiguish race when comparing players!! Why can't he just say, the next Big Ben? And now everyone of course compares him to Doug Williams. Why can't he be compared to any QB? The color of his skin does not matter - it is insulting to a person to only compare them to those of their own race.
Would it be bad to compare him to Donovan McNabb? Cause if he is as good as him, that's pretty doggon good.:)

Is being a contrarian just for the sake of it so much better?

Slingczabe is a bitter guy who can't get over that he got passed up for work at 730. He doesn't report fact and throws out zingers so his "company guys" with IQ's under 100 take them and run with them as if they're gospel.

When was the last time he reported on anything going on at Redskins Park?

When was the last time he was ever even there?

When was the last time he actually gave an opinion or a solution instead of just another one of his zingers?

His entertainment is for himself and his own company men. There's no shred of anything else to do with it.

First off, I doubt Czaben is losing sleep over not working at XXX...I think his syndicated morning show is a better gig.

And he's not there to report facts...he is hired to do these things because he is opinionated and somewhat entertaining...much better then the zombie yes-men they have working at XXX.

Fact is, Redskins coverage in this town sucks now, because it's either run by the team (just pure ballwashing) or run by someone trying to be the anti-XXX (being contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian). That being said, Czaban does a decent job of playing the jackass (he actually sometimes manages to be funny)...and I would rather listen to him then to the homers on XXX.

Kelly is friendly and personable. She gets the players to relax and be themselves. That is what I like about her interviews.

By contrast, Czaben and Mitchell are abrasive and irritating. They just make people as pissed off as they are. If you like being that way, I geuss you don't mind them, personally I prefer nice people.

I think she flirts with all the players, expecially Shawn Springs, but that is her style. So what?

I totally agree that Kelly is friendly and personable. I wasn't bashing her. I like her also.I was just trying to get you to elaborate on what you liked about her.

About B-Mitch and Czaban, I personally don't mind abrasive individuals. I really don't see them, the two in question, as angry individuals but even if they are I couldn't care less. What they say does not anger me in any way because it doesn't really affect me personally. But you'll be surprised how many 'nice people' are only that way outwardly or publicly. The same can be said about the perception of 'mean and abrasive' people. (Maybe you should never watch those two in order to save yourself the trouble of being angry at them, at least that's what I would do if I were you but I'm not :D ).

I haven't been able to read all 7 pages of posts, but I will say it wasn't a tough question. It was a stupid question. Name me one player in any sport that would say take me out so a younger person could play. If you find one, then I don't want them on my team because that means they don't feel like they can contribute and you've already lost them.

This question was not about assessing if someone was a team player. It was a cheap shot.

I haven't been able to read all 7 pages of posts, but I will say it wasn't a tough question. It was a stupid question. Name me one player in any sport that would say take me out so a younger person could play. If you find one, then I don't want them on my team because that means they don't feel like they can contribute and you've already lost them.

This question was not about assessing if someone was a team player. It was a cheap shot.

Agreed, but that's what he's there to do...the fact that it's getting so much play just ensures that he will continue to be put in position to do the same thing again.

NO, you are still crying over Brunell. Get over it!!! He stunk and was taking the whole team down with him!!!!!

What I personally think of Brunell's play has nothing to do with whether or not Czaban was acting like a whiney fan when he should have been acting like a professional, or whether or not he had a hand in Brunell's benching.

But for the record, here was my opinion, which I posted as the game was ending:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3202575&postcount=303

I really really hope Campbell starts next week. Wow.

Ah, do you now see my brilliance folks? By asking such a jerk question to Brunell, I managed to get the Redskins to have an 'us against the world' mentality they so clearly lacked this season. Jansen followed suit perfectly. Now the team will get on a roll and rally around Brunell... oops, wait...

Posted by: Steve Czaban | November 14, 2006 01:47 PM

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2006/11/what_i_know_about_jc.html#more

I can not stand him!

Would I like to take credit for the move? Of course I would. But I’m not that into myself. On second thought, maybe my questions did open a small window... If so, I’m glad to have done my part.
OH PLEEEEEASE... :puke: Gibbs says he was planning on putting in Collins if we had gotten the ball back with 9 minutes left. People... when was the last time THIS SEASON he even ATTEMPTED that? Czabe gets word on it, guesses Gibbs is ready for the switch, then throws out the stupid comment to MB thinking THAT is what did it. If anything, Gibbs would keep him in just to piss off Czabe. But we know Gibbs is not like that. He was ready for the switch anyway because as Gibbs said "We need more production" and Tampa is the best point to see if we can get that from JC. If MB went to Gibbs with Czabe's STUPID suggestion... Gibb's would demote him to 3rd string. If you show that you have lost confidence in yourself... I don't even want you to backup. Even Comcast, a third party, showed it was dumb by not showing it. They don't need Snyder. Snyder needs them for some of the clips on the site.

Now, everybody needs to hold on to their seats. Because there’s no guarantee the kid can even play against live bullets. It’s a complete unknown. He could be Akili Smith. Or hopefull, the Black Big Ben.

Wonder if he wants credit for that?

:rolleyes:

I just think the employees of 980 "the voice of the fan" have been given a mandate to be openly hostile towards the Redskins since 730 xxxespn radio went on the air and basically stole half their programming.

Czabe is a putz, pure and simple. However, like every other radio personality, his job is to get ratings. Judginbg by this thread, he's probably smiling reading the 100+ posts about him.

730 is goes out of their way to paint the skins in a positive light, 980 is the opposite and Czaby is the torch bearer.

I'm so tired of the crybaby bull**** around here. If a damn question hurts your feelings, then you aren't much of a man. It's not like he asked him, "Why are you so afraid to take a hit that you're destroying any chance your team has of winning?"

First off, I doubt Czaben is losing sleep over not working at XXX...I think his syndicated morning show is a better gig.

And he's not there to report facts...he is hired to do these things because he is opinionated and somewhat entertaining...much better then the zombie yes-men they have working at XXX.

I don't think anyone has ever particularly referred to Riggins or Bram as "yes-men" before.

If anything, both are career-long contrarians, especially Riggins both pre-and-post-980. Bram's negativity is almost draining at times. The Monday AM shows with Joe Jacoby and Kevin Sheehan have been full of the same questions and attitude even people here use when they post, but done in a classy way. Slingczabe knows nothing about professionalism, which is how he destroyed the relationship between 980 and the Redskins with his behind-the-back talk.

Having zingers and one-liners will get a few fans short-term for you, but it doesn't sustain a career or get you taken seriously.

Archived