Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Czaban on the Comcast Brunell incident

hail2skins

Czabe.

"Trollng" is another term for fishing. Saying something inciteful on purpose to get a reaction and get noticed. That's what Czaban did. I see no reason to applaud him for it.

I'm not so sure Czabe asked MB the questions solely to say "HEY look at me". I think he just took the opportunity to grill Mark Brunell, see how he would react and stir the pot a little, and probably as a fan show MB how frustrated a lot of us are at his play AND nonchalant attitude.

But that being sad, I definitely know Czabe doesn't mind the fiasco which has insued. You know what, the question wasn't posed correctly in my opinion but I do like the results. For once it showed MB cares about something. And from what it looked like to me, he cares more about "starting" then actually winning...

GC

I'm so tired of the crybaby bull**** around here. If a damn question hurts your feelings, then you aren't much of a man. It's not like he asked him, "Why are you so afraid to take a hit that you're destroying any chance your team has of winning?"

Honestly, I don't really care about Brunell's feelings all that much.

But this thread is about Czaban patting himself on the back for being a hard-nosed reporter forcing personnel changes at Redskin park.

I happen to disagree with that assessment. Now I'm told that makes me a Brunell ball-washer and a crybaby. I don't think those points are going to convince me professionalism exists on that side of the arguement. Sorry.

Czabe.

"Trollng" is another term for fishing. Saying something inciteful on purpose to get a reaction and get noticed. That's what Czaban did. I see no reason to applaud him for it.

But this is exactly what he wants...if you all want him to go away, stop talking and posting about him. All this does is prove that people are listening to and reading what he has to say.

But this is exactly what he wants...if you all want him to go away, stop talking and posting about him. All this does is prove that people are listening to and reading what he has to say.

I don't care if he goes away. I'm not paying his salary.

However, I don't have a problem pointing out that he's a pot-stirrer to those who are under the impression he acutally has anything of substance to say.

"Is this website for real? Is he really this arrogant?! What a douche bag! Please tell me he didn't say, "The Black Big Ben." I am so sick of reporters having to distiguish race when comparing players!! Why can't he just say, the next Big Ben? And now everyone of course compares him to Doug Williams. Why can't he be compared to any QB? The color of his skin does not matter - it is insulting to a person to only compare them to those of their own race"

so you are upset with Wilbon who does this all the time?

Yes, I am actually. And for the record, I am a white man (from the tone of your question). Wilbohn plays the race card all the time it is exhausting. He is a nice man, I used to talk to him at my old healthclub, but he needs to stop it.

I don't care if he goes away. I'm not paying his salary.

However, I don't have a problem pointing out that he's a pot-stirrer to those who are under the impression he acutally has anything of substance to say.

We're in violent agreement here...I guess my posts weren't really directed at you.

Ok, I just e-mailed Czabe about this blog and how stupid the question was and not "tough" because no player in the league would ever say yes please bench me coach. I also mentioned how of course he thinks he had something to do with the decision to put in Campbell when in fact he had nothing to do with it.

Believe it or not he actually replied with "Okay. Fair enough"

I really didn't think he would respond but then again it may have been the person reading the mailbag e-mail but at least it was read. I still think he's a douche.

Hail!!

Honestly, I don't really care about Brunell's feelings all that much.

But this thread is about Czaban patting himself on the back for being a hard-nosed reporter forcing personnel changes at Redskin park.

I happen to disagree with that assessment. Now I'm told that makes me a Brunell ball-washer and a crybaby. I don't think those points are going to convince me professionalism exists on that side of the arguement. Sorry.

Well, I don't think Czaban's questions were all the tough... but they were a little rude. Kicking a dog when he's down, if you ask me. But the rest of the media spends all their time sniffing jocks, so it's refreshing when one of them asks a mildly tough question.

Really, because the sports media need access to the players so badly, they're worse than the entertainment media. Total ass-kissers. Believe it or not, the questions asked at your average press conference are about as tough as the ones asked during the player chats here. It's embarrassing.

Why the hell would Czabe have to go to Redskin park? The guy asked the question WE ALL wanted answered plain and simple.Damn, we are a sensitive bunch.

BTW... We all would get our fat lumpy white asses kicked. You included!

What are you talking about, he didn't ask the questions we all wanted answered, nor were they tough questions they were down right stupid and a waste of time. Once again, do you really think that any player would want asked to be benched? Seriously, not one player would do that, not one.

Let's be real here.

Hail!

Guest Rafterman
What are you talking about, he didn't ask the questions we all wanted answered, nor were they tough questions they were down right stupid and a waste of time. Once again, do you really think that any player would want asked to be benched? Seriously, not one player would do that, not one.

Let's be real here.

Hail!

Guess again.

Kurt Warner, Rams

Kerry Collins, Panthers

i don't think people would be as apologetic as they are if MB was still the starter. Czabe didn't ask the ideal question, but it was a breath of fresh air that someone would at least shake the ship alittle. I think we all want to hear more of an explanation than, "we are all in it together", "there is no finger pointing", "we have great character guys", "we're going to plug away at it". Atleast be honest and say that, "look, right now i'm not making the plays that gives my team the best chance to win", dag man give me something real.

Guess again.

Kurt Warner, Rams

Kerry Collins, Panthers

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/born2playin69/2006/10/31/Goodbye_Kurt_Warner

-Warner injured a finger on his throwing hand and as courageous as it might have been, his decision to play through the injury was the beginning of the end. Most experts say that the one thing that stood out most to them was that he had an obvious loss of velocity and his reputation as one of the most accurate passers in history was falling by the wayside. Warner was released by the Rams in a salary cap move... -

Collins had a personal problem with alcohol that year ('97) and said he no longer had the will to be the team's quarterback after 13 weeks. The Panthers waived him in '98. AS EXPECTED! After 13 games... big deal... like he wanted to stay with the Panthers. :rolleyes:

Why is it that most fans seem to want the team to air their dirty laundry in public? Yeah, the best way to get a player to improve is to embarrass him in public. :rolleyes:

They don't have to air anything in public. Just make the changes that you claim you are making. Hearing the same thing weekly loses the effect when the team lays an egg every Sunday.

If we had any depth on the team they could have some leverage with these guys but since we don't were stuck starting all these non performing cash cows. About time they switched to Campbell though. 9 points on offense against 3 divisional rivals on the road pretty much guarantees that though doesn't it?

he'd get his lumpy fat white ass kicked

No need for the racial overtones. :doh:

I think 'ban asked an appropriate question. One we have ALL wished to ask.

Brunell has embarrassed the Skins and their fans, why should he not be a little

embarrassed by a simple question? ;)

Perhaps Mark does not have any coaching aspirations.

During Gibbs' postgame press conference, a reporter asked Gibbs who he thinks will start at QB next week. Gibbs responded by saying he didn't have any initial thoughts on that. This was actually a huge response, and a tip-off that a change could be coming, because it was the first time all year Gibbs said something other than the standard, "Mark is the man."

The difference is that reporter's question was designed to get new information. It was successful. Czaban's "question" was not designed to get new information, but to get a reaction. Even Czaban admitted he was going for the high heat.

If you're going for a reaction, and act like you're shocked when you GET a reaction, well you're a fool.

The interesting thing is we got a lot more new information out of the simple, straight-forward question posed by the reporter at Gibbs' postgame presser than we did out of Czaban's question. But that's why Czaban is a hack and not a journalist.

Nicely put..

First off, I have to laugh at the people calling Czabe a journalist. He's a RADIO HOST FOR GOD'S SAKES!! I've been listening to him for five years and I've never heard him call himself a journalist.

Second, the question was a little bit of a cheap shot but I think it's fair to ask the guy something along the lines of "Dude, do you really think you can still play in this league or do you have any doubts"? It's not his fault that the team has stuck with him this long but it's still a fair question. One that gets asked in other cities when players don't perform.

Third, it's becoming painfully clear that people over at the Park are just too rich, fat and content to really be upset about screwing the pooch on this season. I can't believe that there hasn't been one blowup, one fight one bad airing of dirty laundry to the media. I mean COME ON!!!! This team was supposed to go to the friggin Super Bowl!!! It look a "white, pasty fat" guy to get this team a pulse??

If they were truly disapointed deep down, they would have dropped the charade that the management has produced since this season started tanking. The company line of "sure we're frustrating, but we've just got to try harderPeople need to wake up, these guys are rich. Almost no one is fighting for their jobs and if they get canned - they are leaving with a boat load of cash. THAT is the philosophy of the Washington Redskins ladies and gentlemen. That's Joe Gibb's legacy the second time around.

Alright I got off on a little bit of a tangent there....

Actually this type of questioniong Happens to every team around the league. I remeber one year when i was in Miss. Listening to a post game show of the Saints They Asked Jim Mora if he was that stupid to realize a draw on 3rd and 1 with your lead running back 9 times out of ten would not get you a first down when that RB was 7 yards in the back field And the Saints ran it every third and 1 they got it seemed like.

Archived