Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Voter fraud, intimidation?

SkinsHokieFan

Hmm...

With around 50% of the vote in PG County counted last night, Steele was pulling 25%. Keep in mind that PG County has the largest affluent African-American population in the country. Do the libs really want to go down the voter intimidation road this time?

Yes, there were complaints. (It would've been a miracle if there weren't.)

There were laws broken. (Likely on both sides, although the only one that comes to mind was the NRCC.)

(And I don't think I'd claim that everything's peechy keen untill after Virginia's election is over.)

It's not a case of "there weren't any problems". It's a case of "so far, everybody's decided to pretend the problems didn't happen."

There were laws broken. (Likely on both sides, although the only one that comes to mind was the NRCC.)

(And I don't think I'd claim that everything's peechy keen untill after Virginia's election is over.)

It's not a case of "there weren't any problems". It's a case of "so far, everybody's decided to pretend the problems didn't happen."

Translation = we won, so it's all good. :rolleyes:

Hmm...

With around 50% of the vote in PG County counted last night, Steele was pulling 25%. Keep in mind that PG County has the largest affluent African-American population in the country. Do the libs really want to go down the voter intimidation road this time?

I was surprised that Steele didn't at least make a dent in PG County, but I guess he wasn't really endorsed by the heavyweights there. Al Wynn, who was re-elected to Congress with 81% of the vote, endorsed Cardin. The PG County Executive endorsed Cardin. Mfume endorsed Cardin.

In the end, Steele only got 23%. That's better than Ehrlich's 20% or Bush's 18% in 2004, but you would think he would get a larger bump than that. 3-5% is like only those few guys that endorsed him and their extended families. Perhaps that whole endorsement thing was a little overblown by the media.

My theory is that the fraud machine wasn't strong enough this time. They aren't screaming because if they actually allowed an investigation, they might get caught themselves for this. It just wasn't enough this time. Who knows? They might lose Tenn if investigated.

yep.. actually there were erlich programs floating around with the word democrate on the top.. but on the bottom it said funed by bob erlich. i was like this aint right.. then began a whole thing on how he lied on the brochure

That's not even the worst part. They were hiring black homeless people from as far away as Philly to pass out the fliers. That's pretty low if you ask me.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/07/AR2006110701756.html

and yes there were reports of voter intimidation in Az (people harassing hispanic voters) and Va ('not registered, will go to jail) among other places. There were also problems with the machines all over the country. The reason that you aren't hearing about it is because other news is bigger right now. Expect it to come up again, from both sides, before the '08 election.

Some reports of people in VA being called before the election to inform them their polling place had been changed, when it had not. I doubt I'd fall for that, but its a damn shame when the elections board calls to help you exercise your voting rights you know right away its just another unethical jackass.

Archived