Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: "Let us have this one" (Merged)

KDawg

Dude, I want you to be 100% honest with me right now, which scenario is more likely:

(A) Brunell makes a sarcastic comment to ex-teammate about how everybody in Washington is ready to kill him.

or

(B) Brunell gets down on bended knee and begs a random Dallas linebacker to lose the game so he could still be the starter.

I'm starting to think arguing with them is futile man. I'm losing heart quickly. They really can't stand Brunell and it has nothing to do with his play. How can it?

Dude, I want you to be 100% honest with me right now, which scenario is more likely:

(A) Brunell makes a sarcastic comment to ex-teammate about how everybody in Washington is ready to kill him.

or

(B) Brunell gets down on bended knee and begs a random Dallas linebacker to lose the game so he could still be the starter.

A is my guess, but It seems that he thinks its funny everybody wants him gone.If it were me I would be pissed, not saying a word till i play consistantly good!

r

What a joke. You call yourself a Redskins fan? Join the other fairweatherers trying to find a negative in an uplifitng win over our hated rivals. Redskins "fans" like you and the others who have posted negative points in this thread are pathetic

I HAVE enjoyed the win. In fact, I replied to this thread eating crow that Brunell played decently.

How does my not liking Mark Brunell have anything to do with my fandom. I have a Redskin tattoo on my shoulder for life. Do you? I go to Redskin games at FedEx and I live in Upstate, NY, do you? I haven't missed a 'Skins game in 5 years, have you? If so, great. If not :laugh:

Never ****in question my loyalty to the team.

You guys are all reading this wrong. If he was unconfident, he would say nothing at all, most likely. If anything, this reads to me that he's loose and relaxed.

Man, some of you guys seem to really want something to complain about. Let's enjoy this legendary win for at least a day or two, huh?

I gotta go walk my dog and change my britches. I was actually at the game and I think I may have squirted a little at the end.

what a surprise

people completely overreacting to a tongue in cheek comment :rolleyes:

save the hate for the cowboys

Give me a damn break, it just shows what a lot of us have been thinking is true. Brunell is just plying well enough to keep his job, period. He doesn't want to make plays, and he is never accountable for his horrid play. Stop making excuses for this guy.

What he thinks is one thing, but to say it to a Cowboy is a WHOLE other world. Now Ayodele goes back to the locker room and tells the team that Brunell is playin for his career essentially and he's practically begging for a win... What does that do? Makes the Cowboys hungry.

As a player, as a coach, you want to avoid chalkboard talk... And that is like putting bloody red meat in the middle of a bunch of sharks and hoping they don't jump on it...

Wow...absolutely wow! :doh:

It's hilarious reading all of you posters who are defending Brunell, with Gibbs in your usernames. Figures.

Its hilarious how many of you casual fans are going to have to endure more photos of your "golden boy" pulling out the proverbial splinters and jotting down stats. He sure is a handsome fella' though. 'Minds me a' that LaSalle fella from "ER"...

Enjoy your crow this morning boys and girls :cheers:

I HAVE enjoyed the win. In fact, I replied to this thread eating crow that Brunell played decently.

How does my not liking Mark Brunell have anything to do with my fandom. I have a Redskin tattoo on my shoulder for life. Do you? I go to Redskin games at FedEx and I live in Upstate, NY, do you? I haven't missed a 'Skins game in 5 years, have you? If so, great. If not :laugh:

I don't think anyone can question your loyalty KDawg, but your lack of "The Big Picture" I think is in question. You previously said some things and just spit out a bunch of rhetoric based on pre-game sarcasm. Seems a little naive to me. Also the disdain that people have for Brunell is sickening. If you (and not YOU KDawg necessarily) are going to support a team and all of its players, than do that.

Case in point:

Archuleta

Know what I mean? I see that and I could go on for days, but he's a Redskin. The coaches will fix it. Have faith don't just say a bunch of negative shyt and then have to apologize/backpeddle later. If in fact you are so loyal than prove it by showing not telling. Just a friendly suggestion from a Diehard like yourself. :cheers:

You're not the only one that bleeds pal ;)

HTTR

I like it when people try to prove they are bigger fans than other fans. People on here battling over what they think is best for the Redskins are true fans....people who don't care as much are obviously not true fans.

']You guys are all reading this wrong. If he was unconfident' date=' he would say nothing at all, most likely. If anything, this reads to me that he's loose and relaxed.

Man, some of you guys seem to really want something to complain about. Let's enjoy this legendary win for at least a day or two, huh?

I gotta go walk my dog and change my britches. I was actually at the game and I think I may have squirted a little at the end.[/quote']:cheers:

You people will criticize anything Mark says or does. Good God.

He knew that if we lost the season was essentially over and that Campbell would be brought in because at 2-6 we'd have to look to next year. He's still our best chance to win right now.

Unbelievable.

You people will criticize anything Mark says or does. Good God.

He knew that if we lost the season was essentially over and that Campbell would be brought in because at 2-6 we'd have to look to next year. He's still our best chance to win right now.

Unbelievable.

If he's really our best chance to win, then we are in serious trouble. How do you know he's our best chance to win? Parcells thought Bledsoe was his best chance to win. Romo sits to pee looks really good. Some people are hoping for Campbell to do the same. It is unbelievable.

How do you know he's our best chance to win?

How do you know he's not?? Really the only people who know are the coachs that see these players every day. At this point the coachs think Brunell is gives us the best chance and until they think that Campbell will give them the best chance, he'll remain on the bench.

How do you know he's not?? Really the only people who know are the coachs that see these players every day. At this point the coachs think Brunell is gives us the best chance and until they think that Campbell will give them the best chance, he'll remain on the bench.

I don't know he's not. I'm hoping that we have a Brady sitting on the bench, or even a Romo sits to pee. We've seen Mark, we've seen him lead us to 3-5, which could easily be worse. Its hard to believe, and I don't want to believe, that Campbell is worse then that.

Wow, some of you guys are really reading what I'm saying completely and utterly incorrectly, so let me explain.

I am not a Brunell hater. I don't like him at quarterback, but I support him. He's a Redskin.

I do, however, think he needs to be benched. But that is not why I thought this little snippet was significant. If it was Portis saying this, or Sean Taylor, or Marcus Washington, or anyone on the team that said this exact quote I would have created the thread. Would I have been as adament about how offkey the remark was? Hard to say, but probably not. My issue with Brunell lies in the fact that it's thing after thing with him. I don't hate the man. I don't loathe him. I don't think he's the Anti-Christ and I don't think he's a bad quarterback.

I think a good majority of posters here, specifically in this thread, when debating certain issues he had during the game are a little blind to his faults, but the same can be said about the other group being blind to his good attributes.

I fully admitted upon bumping this thread that Brunell played a decent game. He didn't lose the game and he didn't win it. He took shots down field. He had two beautiful touchdown passes and had a great throw to Lloyd called back. He fumbled a snap that hit him in the facemask (Which unless it was a cadence miscue really isn't excusable) and he nearly threw a few picks.

I'm not a guy that faults Brunell for everything he does, but I also don't feel someone that is supposed to be your general, or someone on the team in general should be saying crap like that. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth hearing that from anyone. Had LaVar Arrington said this towards the end here people would have been all up in arms on it, or at least that's my assumption. Champ Bailey I think would result in the same situation. But because he's Mark Brunell he gets a pass from alot of you.

Was I a little harsh? Maybe. Was it an old friend? Sure. Does that mean it's an acceptable thing to say RIGHT before the game? I don't believe so.

So for all of you that felt name calling and finger pointing made your points stronger, you're incorrect. We disagree. Big ****ing deal.

According to ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown, Brunell was just talking to Akin Ayodele and he told him they gotta "let us have this one because I'm trying to stay on the field."

That, right there, is why Mark Brunell should absolutely NOT be on the field. Earn it. Jokes or not, show some damn confidence.

He said that? What a gump!

Archived