Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: "Let us have this one" (Merged)

KDawg

According to ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown, Brunell was just talking to Akin Ayodele and he told him they gotta "let us have this one because I'm trying to stay on the field."

That, right there, is why Mark Brunell should absolutely NOT be on the field. Earn it. Jokes or not, show some damn confidence.

Ed Werder just reported on this exchange between Brunell and former Jaguars teammate, Cowboys LB Akin Ayodele on ESPN:

Brunell: You gotta let us have this one today.

Ayodele: No, we really need this.

Brunell: You don't understand, I'm trying to stay on the field.

Interesting..

I almost threw up a little bit too when I heard it... Number one, we're playing Dallas. Our arch-rival, and he's jackassin around with the other team before the game...

I don't even know what to say, I'm sick to my damn stomach.

Dude, I'm sorry, joking around or not, our season is on the line and Brunell feels comfortable enough to joke around about it? He knows his time is up yet he is joking around about it. I'm sorry but I've yet to see Brunell pissed off this season, other than when a play call isn't relayed to him fast enough. He is a joke.

According to ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown, Brunell was just talking to Akin Ayodele and he told him they gotta "let us have this one because I'm trying to stay on the field."

That, right there, is why Mark Brunell should absolutely NOT be on the field. Earn it. Jokes or not, show some damn confidence.

:doh:

yet, people still try and find another reason to kick brunell out :doh:

How can you defend that? All season I've been in the "I don't like Brunell in there, but if Gibbs chooses to stay with him I'll at least try to support it" camp... But he's making it harder and harder for me to support any decision to leave him in the game.

That's ridiculous. He has no confidence. Which may explain the whole check down to running back syndrome he has.

He also said that with Moss out that means MORE Clinton Portis.

Lets hope that actually holds true as we've heard that before, only to have him get 14 carries.

Even if this is true Dallas will not let Portis beat them. They're going to stack the line and MB will be forced to try and win this game. Portis should touch the ball 25 times, but he will draw lots of attention. (especially without Moss)

Its also showed a tremendous amount of respect for our other WRs...

Exactly. In my opinion, and yes I'm just a fan, Llyod and Randle-El are more than capable to be our 1 and 2 today. Don't forget we have Cooley, Brunell. But yes, please do feed the ball to Portis because he is our only chance of winning. Establish the running game and let it fly to the receivers, but that probably won't happen. We'll hopefully pound it with Portis and then we'll throw little out patterns to Lloyd and end arounds to Randle El. Anyone have a guess on to the number of times we hand it off to a WR? I'm going to go with 3.

I almost threw up a little bit too when I heard it... Number one, we're playing Dallas. Our arch-rival, and he's jackassin around with the other team before the game...

I don't even know what to say, I'm sick to my damn stomach.

it makes me wanna puke!:puke:

See that the problem with modern athletes these days....they need to HATE DallASS more!

HAIL

:dallasuck

How can you defend that? All season I've been in the "I don't like Brunell in there, but if Gibbs chooses to stay with him I'll at least try to support it" camp... But he's making it harder and harder for me to support any decision to leave him in the game.

That's ridiculous. He has no confidence. Which may explain the whole check down to running back syndrome he has.

He's talking to his former teammate who he has played with for how many years? Obviously there will be joking.

seriously, get off teh guy for 2 seconds so he can get a breathe.

I'll admit that I want campbell in there just as much as the next guy, but untill then, Brunell is our starter. Live with it

I have felt the exact same way you have. I hope he steps up today and makes us forget about it.

He's talking to his former teammate who he has played with for how many years? Obviously there will be joking.

seriously, get off teh guy for 2 seconds so he can get a breathe.

I'll admit that I want campbell in there just as much as the next guy, but untill then, Brunell is our starter. Live with it

I suggest reading. I've been living with it. But I'm not allowed to discuss how pathetic that comment was? Give me a break.

Archived