Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!finally!!criticism!!

jmich001

NO! People that are at the games are seeing receivers wide open, and Brunell having plenty of time, but not seeing them, or deciding NOT to go to them. Case in point was Thrash being wide open on the first play of the second half against the Titans. There are many more examples, but this is a blatant one that EVERYONE saw, including the media.

I have yet to hear ANYONE say that receivers are being blanketed, it's just not the case. I also don't think the best O-Line in the world would be able to provide Brunell with the kind of protection he needs.

Exactly. People keep harping on the oline being bad but when you have Happy Feetâ„¢-Brunell back there who will NEVER EVER step up into the pocket, it's impossible to consistently block anyone well, especially opposing defensive ends.

GC

and jc is much more mobal making up for the o-line problems.

But you guys still missing something how does this help a defense that can't stop anyone ? It does not matter if Campbell or Brunell is back there . There is still a problem and that is defense. I have no idea why people think it will be better that Campbell will be savior when the defense is still bad.

But you guys still missing something how does this help a defense that can't stop anyone ? It does not matter if Campbell or Brunell is back there . There is still a problem and that is defense. I have no idea why people think it will be better that Campbell will be savior when the defense is still bad.

well what do you all want to do then????

i'm sick of this crap. you are ok with brunell going 2-5 and blaming it on the defense, but you arent ok with trying some other way to win games. jesus christ.... stop licking the ******* of MB so much. you are your record. we are 2-5. the defense isnt changing! the only thing we can do is play a young qb who might provide a spark. if he doesnt, then he gets valuable experience for next year.

why are all of you who are claiming its the d's fault, just ok with it being the d's fault and not even trying to win any more games? i'm not blaming brunell for anything, and the d does suck. but saying the D is at fault doesnt make us better. do SOMETHING to try to win. JESUS. stop with this d's fault ****. its the teams fault and do something to try to make the team better. whatever you can do, DO IT

i'm sick of this crap. you are ok with brunell going 2-5 and blaming it on the defense, but you arent ok with trying some other way to win games. jesus christ.... stop licking the ******* of MB so much. you are your record. we are 2-5. the defense isnt changing! the only thing we can do is play a young qb who might provide a spark. if he doesnt, then he gets valuable experience for next year.

why are all of you who are claiming its the d's fault, just ok with it being the d's fault and not even trying to win any more games? i'm not blaming brunell for anything, and the d does suck. but saying the D is at fault doesnt make us better. do SOMETHING to try to win. JESUS. stop with this d's fault ****. its the teams fault and do something to try to make the team better. whatever you can do, DO IT

I think this sums up the feeling of most of us in here. :applause:

I agree it is the teams fault but most of you is saying it is all Brunell's fault and I 'm sick and tired of reading bench Brunell. You have no idea what you're talking about if you think it is all on Brunell .

Stop b*tching and moaning and thinking it is all Brunell because it is not. I have said in other threads the problem is bigger than Brunell. What I see is no one is holding up their side of the deal.

I concur!..Well said and DO IT for crying out loud!.

HTTR!:point2sky

I agree it is the teams fault but most of you is saying it is all Brunell's fault and I 'm sick and tired of reading bench Brunell. You have no idea what you're talking about if you think it is all on Brunell .

Stop b*tching and moaning and thinking it is all Brunell because it is not. I have said in other threads the problem is bigger than Brunell. What I see is no one is holding up their side of the deal.

BigRay, I agree too. I'm just saying this though... we can't "bench" the entire defense. We aren't winning now. So what do we do?

If we go with Brunell, and the D stays the same (and there is no reason to believe anything else will happen) we will just keep losing on the field and JC will not get any experience.

If we go with Campbell, either he provides a spark and we win more than we lose, or we continue losing and at least he gets some experience for next year.

I just dont see MB helping us win now or in the future at this point

If it is so much on Brunell give me a real reason why to believe it is all on Brunell please do not give me that lame BECAUSE HE SUCK b.s or he can't throw the ball down the field didn't he throw a 52 yarder to Lloyd did he throw a 20- something yarder to Cooley ?

Back up your claims that is just Brunell I'm not the biggest Brunell fan but to say it is all him you have no idea what you're talking about.

If it is so much on Brunell give me a real reason why to believe it is all on Brunell please do not give me that lame BECAUSE HE SUCK b.s or he can't throw the ball down the field didn't he throw a 52 yarder to Lloyd did he throw a 20- something yarder to Cooley ?

Back up your claims that is just Brunell I'm not the biggest Brunell fan but to say it is all him you have no idea what you're talking about.

you are missing the point entirely. i'm not blaming brunell. although i think he checks down to his receivers way too quickly, especially on third and long, i realize the d has played like crap and the playcalling has been suspect at times.

the point is this. we ARE NOT WINNING. Without blaming anyone, can we try to win some games. If we start Campbell it MIGHT give us a spark. If it doesnt, he gets experience for the future. its a win-win, while playing an older guy when we arent going anywhere now anyways is a lose-lose.

if you were to give me facts on how we can win this year, specifically, how we can make the D better, i'm all for it. but, i dont see any signficant changes on D being possible. So either its going to continue being bad and we lose, or it continues being bad and we win in spite of it.

If we change nothing on offense or defense, we keep losing for sure. 2-5 is our record right now. If we change anything we can, we at least give ourselves a chance to win more games

dropping back in the pocket and scanning the field are bad habits?
Please READ the statement. Dropping back, scanning the field, AND THEN PATTING THE FOOTBALL.:doh:He can't throw it if he's ppatting it. That's what's disrupting the timing. Of course, they didn't mention his feet hopping up and down like ants in his pants. If his feet aren't set, he can't throw well either. I suspect they're going to uncover a Multitude of problems that MOST of us fans have seen once they critique him like they should have been.:cheers:

Coaches finally say something about Brunell other than he is Super Smart or that he can make all of the throws...

"Brunell's habit of dropping into the pocket, scanning the field and then patting the football has disrupted the timing of the offense, coaches say, and forced him to throw to a safety-valve receiver, most often a running back."

This is very typical of a quarterback that has no clue about the system that he's trying to operate, which is exactly why Collins should have been starting until the other two started to catch up. This also would have speeded up the learning process of both Brunell and Campbell. Of course, it's much to late for that now. It's almost time to start getting ready for next year, so Campbell needs to be thrown into the fire as soon as possible.

Probably becuase of the incredible amount of MORONS that think changing the quarterback will make us a contender. It wont, and almost certainly we will loose more games this season with JC back there as MB. But we have a huge amount of people that think the QB is the only problem, not the D as a whole, or the poor play of the O-line. You know, the same idiots talking aobut how bad MB's arm is, and yet when you see him go downfield (which is rare) it actually has ALOT of zip on the ball, compared to guys that Carson Palmer that put alot of air under it.:rolleyes: And the fact that the "D" is the majority of the problem. But we need to look at JC and see what he has. The season is done.

Probably becuase of the incredible amount of MORONS that think changing the quarterback will make us a contender. It wont, and almost certainly we will loose more games this season with JC back there as MB. But we have a huge amount of people that think the QB is the only problem, not the D as a whole, or the poor play of the O-line. You know, the same idiots talking aobut how bad MB's arm is, and yet when you see him go downfield (which is rare) it actually has ALOT of zip on the ball, compared to guys that Carson Palmer that put alot of air under it.:rolleyes: And the fact that the "D" is the majority of the problem. But we need to look at JC and see what he has. The season is done.

the only thing i disagree with is that we will lose more games. I mean, we arent winning games now. we'd have to go 1-8 down the stretch to really lose more games. possible, but i think unlikely

oh, and probably b/c what? i'm just saying... what would you do to give the team a chance?

The patting of the ball usually means that Brunell is about to make a deep throw. In the Indy game, he patted the ball too hard and it resulted in a fumble.

That's because Brunell is now like a wind-up doll. He has to wind up (pat) to throw the ball deep. :laugh:

BigRay, I agree too. I'm just saying this though... we can't "bench" the entire defense. We aren't winning now. So what do we do?

If we go with Brunell, and the D stays the same (and there is no reason to believe anything else will happen) we will just keep losing on the field and JC will not get any experience.

If we go with Campbell, either he provides a spark and we win more than we lose, or we continue losing and at least he gets some experience for next year.

I just dont see MB helping us win now or in the future at

this point

I think the coaches will make whatever changes they have to make. They will take a hard look at every possible situation and put the players they feel will make the impact.

I think they need to sit down the high price free agents if you want to know the truth talking about Carter, Arch , Lloyd. Out of all them the only one that has made some real contribution is Randle El.

Which a lot of you guys were totally against picking up . People were looking at me crazy when I said that was the perfect fit. I think you just have to trust the coaches to this point they know what they are doing.

If they feel sitting down Brunell will help the team I think they will do so. But right now this team just needs a win what I see also is a team that just does not have no confidence

Sue me If I'm a little biased towards quarterbacks because I played some quarterback :laugh: . It is always easy to blame the quarterback when things going wrong he is always the scapegoat when things going bad that's all I 'm really saying :)

I don't think anyone thinks the QB is the only problem. But the point is, with the problems on Defense, the Offense needs to step up their play for the Redskins to win games.

Here's the problem, the old style Gibbs system of being conservative on offense and having the Defense keep the game in reach will not currently work. Aside from the problems on D, the other part of this equation is that Al Saunders, Brandon Lloyd, and Randel El were brought in in the off-season. Right or wrong, this has changed the chemistry of the offense. It was, I guess, Gibbs attempt to install a high powered offense. What piece is missing? The QB. Mark Brunell cannot execute Al Saunders offense like it needs to be executed. We will lose games with Jason Campbell, no doubt. But Jason Campbell gives us something Mark Brunell does not. Hope.

dropping back in the pocket and scanning the field are bad habits?

Not necessarily, but when you are running a finely tuned offense that relies upon timing of routes etc, anything out of the script i.e. droping back too far, scanning too long, and patting the ball each in their own disrupt the timing that is crucial to the plays being run, thus Brunell is left to drop it off to the RB.

Archived