Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!finally!!criticism!!

jmich001

Sue me If I'm a little biased towards quarterbacks because I played some quarterback :laugh: . It is always easy to blame the quarterback when things going wrong he is always the scapegoat when things going bad that's all I 'm really saying :)

LOL, you then misunderstand what a QB is. Did it ever cross your mind to ask why they call QB's "Field Generals"? They aren't just another player on the field, they are the most important player on the field, and Mark needs to be standing up and saying "the buck stops here."

And this is where you are wrong.

Me too! Brunell is so afraid he might make a mistake he is his own worst enemy. I believe Campbell will make some mistakes at first, but will learn to overcome them and make some big plays along the way.

And who knows, he may already know more than anyone ever dreamed? This is just another of many new systems for him, as he's had to learn on the fly. All he has to do is trust his receivers and he will be way ahead of Brunell.

Probably becuase of the incredible amount of MORONS that think changing the quarterback will make us a contender. It wont, and almost certainly we will loose more games this season with JC back there as MB. But we have a huge amount of people that think the QB is the only problem, not the D as a whole, or the poor play of the O-line. You know, the same idiots talking aobut how bad MB's arm is, and yet when you see him go downfield (which is rare) it actually has ALOT of zip on the ball, compared to guys that Carson Palmer that put alot of air under it.:rolleyes: And the fact that the "D" is the majority of the problem. But we need to look at JC and see what he has. The season is done.

BTW, did you see the INT MB made at the end of the Giants game? 'ALOT of zip on the ball'? It looked like a punt.

I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks we'll win more games with Jason at QB. However, this isn't a very good team in general, the problems are far deeper than Mark not seeing the field and throwing for 3 yards on 3rd and 8. The thing is, Mark won't be our QB next year, we ain't making the playoffs with OR without him this year, so why the hell keep playing him this year instead of preparing Campbell for next year with some experience?

I don't think anyone thinks the QB is the only problem. But the point is, with the problems on Defense, the Offense needs to step up their play for the Redskins to win games.

Here's the problem, the old style Gibbs system of being conservative on offense and having the Defense keep the game in reach will not currently work. Aside from the problems on D, the other part of this equation is that Al Saunders, Brandon Lloyd, and Randel El were brought in in the off-season. Right or wrong, this has changed the chemistry of the offense. It was, I guess, Gibbs attempt to install a high powered offense. What piece is missing? The QB. Mark Brunell cannot execute Al Saunders offense like it needs to be executed. We will lose games with Jason Campbell, no doubt. But Jason Campbell gives us something Mark Brunell does not. Hope.

Well said. I agree completely. People that defend Brunell by arguing that the defense is the problem think they are seeing the whole picture, but they are not. They see a bigger picture than the pureblood Brunell-Haters, but those of us who want Campbell in see the biggest picture.

I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks we'll win more games with Jason at QB. However, this isn't a very good team in general, the problems are far deeper than Mark not seeing the field and throwing for 3 yards on 3rd and 8. The thing is, Mark won't be our QB next year, we ain't making the playoffs with OR without him this year, so why the hell keep playing him this year instead of preparing Campbell for next year with some experience?

I agree but, we have Dallas and Philly next 2 games. I think you have to stick with Brunell. His "bad" performance is being over blown. If we win those 2 games, we are still in the hunt. If not, than sure, get JC some experience. But if anyone expects him to come in with his experience, the complex system, the poor OL and expect him to be the "cure", they're just ignorant.

LOL, you then misunderstand what a QB is. Did it ever cross your mind to ask why they call QB's "Field Generals"? They aren't just another player on the field, they are the most important player on the field, and Mark needs to be standing up and saying "the buck stops here."

Very true my friend like I said he should shoulder some of the blame but unlike some that are trying to put the blame completely on him that is wrong because like i have said for ninety million time lol the problems run deep.

The quarterback gets all the glory when he succeeds and get all the grief when his team lose and it's not always him why they lost the game.

Archived