Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

why bother with having the horse collar rule?

Eagle091

r. williams has made 3 of them tonight and none called. it is blatent, not even close. wtf refs. he is gonna hurt somebody with that cheap ****.

Roy Williams has always been above the law when it comes to penalties. Strange how the penalty that was instituted based on his poor tackling technique has never, ever been called on him. Not once in 2 seasons kiddies. What a f'n joke.

He pulled this twice tonight and against Portis in Week 2. But watch Terry Glenn get injured on it and we'll be hearing from Boys fans how cheap the move is.

I don't think I've ever seen the penalty called on anyone...I don't think it has anything to do with favoritism toward the Cowboys.

I forget who it was on defense, but I remember it being called on us. I was really upset too, because I think we were one of maybe three teams they called it on that year.

The officials never call the horse collar penalty, why even have it?

Only incase T.O. is tackled from the collar. It figures that the rule was created because he got hurt from a tackle like that by Roy Williams. Now they're teammates, T.O. can't ever be hurt by that again. So no need to call it. :doh:

Roy "Cheapshot" Williams always has his "Free Horse Collar" and "Spear With Helmet" union cards. But the league, and the media, are too busy tossing his salad to ever see him for what he is. The most consistent cheapshot artist in the league.

None of them were horsecollars. Roy had jersey, not shoulderpads.

Get a better TV so you can see it.

The rule was changed in the offseason to include jersey. Get a better brain so you can see it.

http://nfldraft.scout.com/2/556118.html

• All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside collar of the back of the shoulder pads or jersey, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling down the runner. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket. Previously, the “horse-collar” tackle rule did not include the back of the shoulder pads or jersey. This increases the scope of the rule. Penalty: Loss of 15 yards.

Reason for the change: Player safety.

The rule was changed in the offseason to include jersey. Get a better brain so you can see it.

• All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside collar of the back of the shoulder pads or jersey, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling down the runner. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket. Previously, the “horse-collar” tackle rule did not include the back of the shoulder pads or jersey. This increases the scope of the rule. Penalty: Loss of 15 yards.

I hadn't heard of this change, thanks for posting. It should have been called. One would think the refs would have quick flags for tackles that even closely resemble a horse collar against the man for which the rule was created. Don't be surprised if later in the week the NFL announces a fine on Roy.

It meant that you can't pull down from the top of the jersy where the neckhole is. The rule does not include "any" part of the jersey.

Get a better brain so you can understand.

It meant that you can't pull down from the top of the jersy where the neckhole is. The rule does not include "any" part of the jersey.

Get a better brain so you can understand.

When he tackled Barber he had the back of the neck hole. If you couldn't see that maybe it's time to trade in that 13inch black and white TV. In the meantime, keep trying to cover your tracks with lame comebacks.

When he tackled Barber he had the back of the neck hole. If you couldn't see that maybe it's time to trade in that 13inch black and white TV. In the meantime, keep trying to cover your tracks with lame comebacks.

I agree with you. Roy not only had Barber by the neck-hole of the jersey, but he also immediately pulled down and dug into the turf and steer wrestled him down.

I watched very carefully a number of times (in HD) and it was a horse collar.

Williams is a dirty player, always trying to catch up from behind. He will not change unless the penalty is called with some consistency. :2cents:

None of them were horsecollars. Roy had jersey, not shoulderpads.

Get a better TV so you can see it.

I thought the tackle on Tiki was a jersey tackle, I didn't notice the others. I've never seen the penalty called since they instituted it. I've seen some horse collar grabbing though.

100" screen with an HD projector. I think its fair to say i had a pretty good view of it.

5 refs out there and none of them saw it. But you did. :rolleyes:

Gotcha.

Archived