Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Titans at Skins.

Art

Still finding it hard to find the positives, limp into the bye week...rest, then work!.work!.work! regroup and put Todd or Jason at the Helm...15years a Fan, but im getting grey hair 'fast' watching our play... Im sure things will come right in the end but im unsure if it will be this season with Mark at the helm, and Saunders at the reins....HAIL TO THE SKINS!!!!!!

My two centsL

1. Too many overthrows by Brunell

2. Moss was the MVP of the game

3. Defense was not tight enough and left the Titans wide open to pass by us

4. I think that Gibbs needs to get into the game and start calling plays like last year.

5. Bring on a new QB.

Where are the leaders on this team? The guys who would step-up and get everyone else who wasn't helping in line...guys like Mann, Byner, Clark, Lachey just to name a few...where are guys like that on this team?

If there are any on this team...now is the time to step-up and be counted!

Injuries seem to plague this team at inopportune times. With Griffin and Joe both being out today you knew the run defense was going to struggle today. That was the one positive this defense had going for them. If the run D had played the way they did against the Jags it's almost certain Vince Young wouldn't have had the game he did. Young didn't win the game for the Titans, Travis Henry did that. The D had a chance to stop them at the 10 and could've had around 3:00 on the clock to do something and with maybe the 2 timeouts remaining. Instead he gets a big run and the Titans run off 2 min on the clock leaving us with no timeouts.

On the offense side of the ball I just still wonder who the Redskins think they are. Are they a hard-nosed run it down your throat team or are they a going to air it out all day type of team. I wish the Redskins would've came out on the there opening drive running it straight down the Titans mouth instead of the trick plays. They could've established the intensity from the start. The O-line played good allowing no sacks and gave Mark enough time to try and find someone albeit he did have to scramble out the pocket on a few occasions. Mark Brunell is a good qb. No ints. until the last offensive play in a desperation play that I will not understand why the Redskins did that. But you have to wonder if Brunell gives us that big play ability on a consitent basis.

Overall a seriously disappointing loss today which will be really hard to swallow. The season isn't a total loss yet. It'll be interesting to see how they come back from this loss next week at Indy. The players and coaches don't think the season is over and niether should the fans. Keep the faith and be there to the end whether its Gibbs holding the Lombardi trophy or Gibbs preparing on who he is going to pick with the 8th pick in the first round.

Generally the teams speed and skill positions on O are solid, the problems are the O-line and D-line being week or inconsistant. The secondary has problems, but with some 4 man pressure the D could be at least adverage and split games untild Springs gets back or they get another corner. The o-line doesn't let Brunell get comfortable too often. How often can he step back and just throw. He always seems to have to move or run.

The lines are just not getting it done and no matter how many corners or safeties or wide recievers we get, it all starts with the lines.

Does is tick anybody else off when you see Brunell (and others) cutting up and joking with the Titans after the game? Maybe I'm unreasonable but for some reason I would like to see them be angry or at least not in a good mood. :mad:

YES!!! It pisses me off to no end to see that. I thought I was the only one who was annoyed by this..at least be upset fergoshsakes..

The worst part with Brunell is his tunnel vision. With 4 guys around Santana, he'll still throw to him. There is no reason why he cannot even look at brandon or randle-el on a more frequent basis. It's simple numbers - there are 11 defenders on the field . . . and with 3-4 on santana EVERY play, typically 4 d-linemen, 2-3 linebackers . . . and you mean to tell me he cannot get the ball to brandon on single coverage? BRANDON LLOYD MAKES PLAYS!!! I hate how brunell doesn't throw to him. Look at the one time we went to him deep. What happened???

We haven't had a D all season. Our overrated D looks worse starting out THIS season than it did LAST season.

No Pass Rush

No coverage on secondary

Ineffective blitz packages

Every time we blitz = BIG play the other way

Cannot shut down opponents on 3rd down

The only thing i have seen is that our D is ok in the Red Zone.

Bottom line - Our Defense is the reason we are 2-4 not Mark Brunell, not Gibbs, not Saunders, nor anyone else on the Offense. If you want to point fingers point it at the "brilliant" defensive coach and assistant Head Coach Gregg Williams.

WRONG! The D is no way solely the reason. If QB Boonell can't make plays to convert 3rd downs and our coaches can't put people in postion to make plays defending 3rd down there is no way in hell you can blame the D. Last year they were on the field WAAY to much. Its sickening when what should be a ball control/big play offense has horrible plays called, a has been QB who only makes 1-2 big plays/game, can cause our team to lose to an 0-5 rebuilding team. There is no excuse for how bad this offense is with all the speed, talent, and power it should have. We should score 30 points a game. Also loosing Ryan Clark and Pierson Prileau have hurt us more then Im sure Greg William ever thought. Ive yet see Gibbs to grab some cohones and go for it when it needed to be done. I havn't seen him do anything to anyone as far as accountability (namely Boonnell) and until HE realizes this team needs a change at QB, it will mainly be HIS fault.

let's talk about the aftermath of this potential loss. post game press conference with gibbs, the calling for brunell's benching, the condemnation of an overrated D.

Please vent here

why did we draft jason campbell if we are not gona play him..also what crap does brunell have on Joe gibss that he wont pull him....is it some pics of Joe doin some hooker ?

i'm very upset with this coaching staff... Joe Gibss needs to let this brunell thing go , yes we know that he went down to jacksonville and got him here but enough is enough...lets face it , brunell should be the backup QB and Jason Capbell should be playing , just like the Giants did with Eli manning..... we are sitting at 2 and 4 and going nowhere fast... play the kid and let him get his NFL Experience now , the season is over so why waste it on a has been .. lets give the Kid a chance .....also IMO this is not a Joe Gibss team anymore... its a Williams and Saunders team, Joe isnt doin much but watchin ..... he said it himself on a interview... " i make the call if we have to go for it on 4th down and a few other things but thats about it"..... I for one miss the Joe Gibss team from last year.....we had mommentum coming into this year , so why the change ??... yes i know we were looking for more offense ...... lol... oh yaa we got that didnt we........ I miss a Joe Gibss called offense.......so lets bench brunell and play Jason and get him ready to take over this team for this and next year......

Archived