Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Titans at Skins.

Art

I thought it was not possible to feel as sick after a game as I did last week against the Giants. Well forget about that. I feel worse today. I will be watching the game against the Colts next week. I will never stop being a Redskins fan. I think very soon though we need to let Campbell start just to see what he can do. Maybe it will be next week?

Hail to the Redskins!!!!!!!!

A Qb controversy is deff on the way! It wont be the future of team who plays! Look for Todd Collins to take Brunells duty if not after the bye week deff after our next game.. I was a firm believer that we would get it done today.. This was one of the worse teams in the league... We did not establish the run and we have no leadership at the Qb position.. Our defense will be solid as the season goes on, our problem there is just injury! We have no identity on offense.... All the pointless screen passes have done nothing but by time and teams are prepared for them knowing Brunell cant get the ball down field consistently! I do wonder what Campbell would look like in there with so much talent around him.. Vince young has none and he is doing just fine! Redskin will be 6-10 or 7-9, maybe next year

Season's obviously over, we are in no good position like last year to make the playoffs. We got the Colts next week which is an automatic loss so were now in very big trouble. So what should we do? Start Campbell would be the obvious choice to get him ready for next year, and maybe a few, no wait A LOT need to be benched. I say we bench Holdman, all the D-lineman, and Rogers need to hit the bench. What a disappointing way for the season to end.

I refuse to blame the D on this. The D stopped the Titans plenty of times and the offense, against the worse D in the league couldn't do anything. Brunell suck. He drains the energy of this offense. We have to game plan for his suppose strengths. Screens, and dinks....BS.

We have these playmakers in this offense like a well tuned race car and we have a driver who is afraid to go over 60 miles per hour. He is the main reason we have lost every one of our games.

Anyone here ever wonder what our offense would've looked like back in 1985 if Theismann had never broken his leg?

You saw the answer today.

LOL. Sad but true, we showing our age.

Well the one good thing is that our coaching staff should be humble now. I sense too much arrogrant out of them last year. No, they not the cause of all the problems, but when you got $5M or $2M a year to coach - you are responsible.

I also hope now they are not "play not to lose"... seems like that philosoly does not work well so far..

HTTR

2 New Goals For the Season:

1) Get JC some experience

2) Kick the crap out of Dallas and hopefully knock them out of the playoffs

Sad - but true. Brunell did not lose the game for the Skins today - but he can't be the QB next year so I think it is time to see what JC can do. I can't believe the Skins lost to the Titans at HOME! They had the NFLs worst rushing defense and the running game did nothing. The skins Defense could not slow down a rookie led offense with no real threats. Don't know what to say anymore about this team. Sad. :logo:

The defense isnt what it should be.

Gregg Williams thinks he has the talent to execute his scheme, he doesnt. And he needs to realize this. They seriously need to pick up corners who can actually cover.

The offense started off nice, it looked like a runaway game. Then they got figured out, no adjustments came and they were shut down. Where are the game adjustments Gibbs is known for?

"Hey, this isnt working, lets keep doing it". Whos idea was this?

Im pissed.

Losing to the Vikes first game of the season, OK. They have turned out to be an alright team.

Losing to Dallas in Dallas, makes sense.

Losing to Giants at Giants after their bye, makes sense.

Losing to one pf the worse teams in the league at home? inexcusable.

The defense has failed yet again. The offense had promised, but sputtered and never regained momentum, again.

They better find their mojo this week. Their next game is at Colts after their bye week, and the Skins are most definitely looking at 2-5

Well, from what happened last year, I'm not going to give up on the Skins until we are mathematically out of it. I will get heat from this I'm sure, but even though Gibbs has made a couple of questionable calls in our minds, he has a few Superbowl wins and he knows what it takes to get there. Another plus, we have the talent. I just wish Gibbs was still making the play-calling instead of Saunders.

Hey guys at least one positive we can take from the game is that Mark Brunell played a superb game. Yep, the guys still got all-pro capabilities and is quite possiby the best qb in the league. Oh, no...wait, that was just what Boonell's butt buddy Steve Beuerlein saw. :doh: :doh: :doh:

hideous, terrible, atrocious. That is our defense. Rooks got ran the hell over all damn day, missed tackles, cant cover for ****. Springs will not help he is just one man, our blitzes are failing miserably. I can't believe this, I really can't.

I can't blame the O, at least the players. We should have ran more, what the hell has happened to this team we turned into a cutesy offense. We should have slammed the ball all day for 200+. 15 carries????? WHAT. THE. ****.

I've always supported brunell, and you know what he didn't do all that bad in his time here. But its Jason time. 9/10 games experience this year and this O should be flying by next. Let Brunell try it out vs Indy. Maybe the impossible will happen, we pull an upset, we learned today anyone can win. but if we are sitting at 2-5 on a bye, then, CAMPBELL.

This is disatrous. I better lock myself somewhere so i don't do something that gets me thrown in jail.

at least the eagles lost.

In your house you allow an 0-5 team beat you in a must win. This team stinks, Brunell stinks, the defense that I once thought was the saving grace stinks. The truth hurts we are now 2-4 win 8 game out of 10, not happening, playoffs not happening. WE SUCK!!!!!Indy next week in Indy GOOD FRIGGIN LUCK

Biggest indictment of Mark Brunell.

Sonny Jurgensen just said this team needs a leader. It needs someone to step up and lead this team.

That is the job of the quarterback and he's failed miserably.

Mark Brunell is not a leader of this team.

He did not lead us last year (CP and the D did) and he is not leading us this year.

Unbelieveable! Just totally unbelieveable!

To lose to an 0-5 team at home is just inexcuseable!! Whatever happened to our defense!? That was an embarrassing performance!! They made Travis Henry look like the second coming of Jim Brown.

And with a road trip to Indy next week, we're staring at a 2-5 record before our bye. Definitely a disappointing development to say the least.

I hope that no one even associated with this organization is able to show their face in public this week.

Throw garbage at 'em, heckle their mommas...I just can't stand this team now for being such an unbelievable let down. The sad thing is they don't even care. This didn't look like a desperate team, even down to the end. They are just cashing thier massively overblown paychecks week in and week out, yet we are supposed to give a rat's ***** about them. Eff em.

Like I said, I hope that everytime they show their face outside of the country club that is redskin park they are met with merciless insults and ridacule.

I am beginning to agree with the season being over stuff. I like our chances next year.

As a FAN I do not think it is too early to be looking that far ahead. The only thing that I am concerned about starting cambell next week is that it is the Colts. Rough baptism.

Having said all that, I admit I thought the season was pretty well over last year. Hey, they have the talent to beat any team in the league. Sure, they could win out. Hey, it is not impossible.

But as a fan, I do think it is time to look forward -start hoping to see Rocky, Jason, etc. I do not want Williams, Saunders replaced, etc. But maybe a different mindset at this point is what to root for... let's get 'em next year.

Short term as a fan --have to deal with loosing to an 0-5 team at home. With everything on the line. This is not supposed to happen to a Gibbs team. Unreal.

Oh well, I agree with Gibbs... the single only thing fans and team can do is get to work. I gotta go to work in a couple hours and put this behind me personally, the team has to head to Indy. I do think they will make us proud down the line. Good group of men.

We shall see.

They better find their mojo in the bye week. Their first game back is at Colts, and they are most definitely looking at 2-5

Am I reading the schedule wrong? This is the second post thinking the skins have a bye next week and I see us playing the Colts BEFORE the bye.

Archived