Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Titans at Skins.

Art

:laugh: if nothing else Jason will be bale to tell someone one day, "no no hold the clipboard closer to your chest when you write you get much more support when you're writing, 'Clinton Portis is a good RB. When he is given the ball good things usually happen."

:silly:

Brunell is the worst qb in the nfl right now. He's the only one scared to throw the ball down the field rather than to the side. As soon as he took a chance to throw deep to one of his many weapons (as he does have more than almost every qb in the nfl) it worked beautifully. Doesn't seem hard that all he needs to do is find single coverage and throw to that receiver. He makes me sick.

powerANDgut knows his stuff

all of you damn people on this forum are bandwagon ****es. One week, brunell sucks, the next week he is king shut the **** up the ***** sucks stop goin back on your damn words

Whats your take on being 2-4, beaten at home by the Titan....I guess everything is OK in your eyes and no one has the right to express, vent...I'll bet you don't talk that way to peoples faces. Punk.

The Redskins Are Terrible! I Am Sick Of Rooting For Them And Being Let Down! Al Saunders Is Awful! Let Joe Coach Them They Might Actually Win!!!!! It Worked Last Year!!!!!

You don't ROOT for the Redskins - you're a FAN - or you're FAIRWEATHER. ROOTING for a team would only indicate that you're a fan of another team and you just wanted this team to win ...

So we all know that Brunell is the master of screens and 5 yard passes, anything past that is out of his range. AND we all know that our success relies on portis.

Teams have figured out that stacking the LOS stops the run game AND puts them in better position for screens which is the only way we move the ball through the air. normally when teams play closer to the line it opens up the passing game but not with our buddy mark!

Our offense is so ass backwards.

I say all of our receivers wear #89 jerseys bc that's the only way brunell will throw their way.

what is brunell really doing as a QB that campbell can't? He's not reading coverages or making audibles. He takes the snap makes a fake and lobs it to a RB or receiver a couple feet away. At least campbell has the "possibility" of throwing deep outs and posts.

oh yeah, the D is awful

well said....bring on JC !!!..lets get going for next year..lets build around this kid..let him play with the 1st team for gods sake....:D

For those that attended the game, what did our wrs look like? You can't see that much on tv and I was wondering what kind of patterns we're running and if people are open that Brunell:

1) Doesn't see OR

2) Refuses to take a chance on OR

3) Lloyd and ARE are the only ones that can't get open.

From tv, seems like Moss or Cooley are the only ones Brunell throws to.

This was indeed an U-G-L-Y loss. Probably one of the worst in Joe Gibbs career. I could tell from the post-game interview that he felt like he let the Redskins fans down.

How is this any different from when you lost last year at home to the equally boneless Raiders?

Seems like the "ugly" losses are piling up for Gibbs in his second tenure, and at an accelerating rate. If this keeps up, you think it will have a nasty impact on hhis lasting legacy in the eyes of the football world?

The sad thing is that JC cant tackle anyone nor can he cover anyone. Our defense has been pathetic all year and I guess we will never know why. The offense did not play that well but even 25 points should be enough for a win against what should be a top 5 defense but instead is a bottom 5 at best. The defense needs to be fixed first and I think we will be ok but you can not give up that many big plays or points and still win.

Let me say that our offense is ok. Just that...ok. Brunell has played terrible and makes the most stupid choices. Why this year and not last year is beyond me but he isn't getting it done!

Our Defense is flat Aweful!!! Answer me this question. How can we have a dominating Defense the last 2 years running and this year look pathatic, with little to no changes?? We cannot stop the run, or the pass. Can Wright or Rogers cover anyone...please!! How many times do we see them cover a man who is open, has them turned around or is looking for the pass and they aren't. Why can't our Defensive line get any pressure on ANYONE??? WHy aren't they blitzing?? You can't blame D-line players who are missing cause they played like this with them!!

I love my team, but they will be lucky to end up .500 this year. In fact, they may even end up at the bottom of the NFC East!! Tell you what, the offense is the least of our worries, the Defense has play poorly ALL YEAR so far. If we can't stop anyone from scoring, it doesn't matter how many points our Offense puts up! Right now, we STINK. The Titans game was winnable, our D couldn't stop them(Almost 200yds rushing) and our offense ran to many goofy plays. 31st against the run, why didn't we run it up their gut?? I feel bad, the talent is there, we just can't get it done. too bad. Maybe next season, I guess as a Redskin fan, you get used to saying that every year.

Ok so why did an 0-4 team just kick our asses all over our home field? That was by far the most pathetic display of Washington Redskins football I have ever seen. Why? Because it was against a team that had no wins! And not to mention we were at home! It's not to late to make drastic changes, Campell in Brunell out, let's face it, can he honestly do any worse?

Sure we only played 6 games so far, and hopefully we got all our losses out of the way and start winning some. I was so dissapointed and at awe today that I actually took my Redskins background off my Myspace page because I was that embarassed by that loss. I'm still a fan through and through, it's just right now Im not about to brag about it.

I have said for weeks that the Skins do not look like an NFC East team, cannot compete in the NFC East, exhibit few of Gibb's values demonstrated over the years and that Al Saunder's AFC West offense is unfit for our division. I would also agree with some that the team looks leaderless -- muddled -- and lacks the ferocious intensity of 2005.

This starts with the head coach. I am a Joe Gibbs fan. Joe is one of the top five coaches of the first century of pro football, successful in everything he has laid his hands on, and is one of the finest human beings, but he has clothed himself in a new model of coaching -- a suit that doesn't fit. He looks irrelevant on the sidelines. He has added another layer of coaches (two assitant head coaches whose salaries profoundly effect the dynamics of the staff). These head coaches separate CEO Gibbs further from game management and many of the intangibles. His additional role as GM may fog his focus on coaching (multiple roles in one guy rarely work).

I think Gibbs should be prepared to fire people tomorrow and re-establish an in-your-face, between-the-tackles team, with a meaningful play-action offense, of 300 pages or less, that can stretch the field. (Did you notice how marvelously Jeff Fisher ran the ball down our throats and protected Vince Young while Mark Brunell's frailties were on full display?), and establish a defense that doesn't rely on tricks: in sum, an NFC East team. If he does not have the energy or the clarity to make changes, I think he should gracefully return to the non-football world where he can enjoy life once more. He doesn't need to prove anything.

I have said for weeks that the Skins do not look like an NFC East team, cannot compete in the NFC East, exhibit few of Gibb's values demonstrated over the years and that Al Saunder's AFC West offense is unfit for our division.

Saunders offense won a title in 99 in the NFC.

I'd also add that the problem is with a QB who can't do what GIbbs QBs of the past would do---throw from the pocket effectively and make all throws well.

This offense is from the same family as Gibbs'. And Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes got plenty of rushing yards.

Let me also add that the Iggles seem to do well and they barely run the ball in a conventional manner.

Well, from what happened last year, I'm not going to give up on the Skins until we are mathematically out of it. I will get heat from this I'm sure, but even though Gibbs has made a couple of questionable calls in our minds, he has a few Superbowl wins and he knows what it takes to get there. Another plus, we have the talent. I just wish Gibbs was still making the play-calling instead of Saunders.

i have no idea whats wrong...saunders should be making the play calls though...he shows that based on his years with KC but lloyd is overrated/payed and brunell passes it to the checkdown running back too much. he never throws it an intermediate length of the field and rarely deep. jason campbell will do great if hes put in (like philip rivers) but i dont see gibbs doing that until near the end of the season. the defense is fine...its the same as last year except we have carter and archuleta, the big thing is springs is injured. Carlos rogers is going to be an awesome cornerback

It's time to just admit that this is not a very good football team. They are inconsistent on offense and very poor on defense. It's not that something needs to be fixed, or they will be OK when the d-line gets healthy, or when they get more comfortable with the offense, or the play calling gets better, or portis gets more carries, or blah, blah, whatever, whatever.

As I said last week, this is a 7-9, maybe 8-8 team. Gibbs is likely to re-retire at the end of this year after failing to make a go of it the second time around. Then the failure to build any kind of nucleus of young talent throught the draft will be fully exposed and they will be quite wretched for several years to come.

If somehow this team manages to steal enough games to squeak in as a wild card at 9-7, who really cares? Does anyone really think they will be able to win a road game at Seattle, or Chicago? Or New York or Dallas for that matter?

Not likely.

Please get real. This season is over, despite the boilerplate chatter in the locker room about turning it around. Gibbs II is over. It didn't work.

A few more thoughts...

1. We do not scare anybody. The G-Men and other teams in the East do not take us seriously and have no reason to at this time. Maybe salaries are not the only thing being overdone in Washington. Are things being over thought and over analyzed? Were not the best Redskins teams establish the run, wear them down and when it was just right, go play action?

2. Empty seats at FedEx piss me off. OK, the club level, everybody is at the bar or playing X-box or shooting pool while catching the game on the tube. Great, it makes money but you sacrifice home field advantage. I have seen games from RFK and FedEx, including the club level (Monday Night Pepper Spray embarrasment 37-7) and I have watched on the road. You need 90,000 plus screaming their heads off and I bet you will rattle the visiting team. Don Criqui kept saying 91K plus today, uh, did you see the stadium? A lot of those fans were dressed up as yellow and red chairs. Shut down the TV's, X-boxes, pool tables while the game is being played and have cheerleaders encourage loiterers to take their seats. Who can say no to a Redskinette?

3. I admit I have thoughts of wanting Jason Campbell but did we see really see anything in the preseason? I tend to trust Joe Gibbs thoughts on bringing along a quarterback but I also think he has loyalty to a fault see Joe Theismann (85) and John Hall (05-06). I have a feeling, Brunell will start against the Colts and if the Redskins lose then Campbell might start after the bye. Gibbs would not give Campbell his first start against the Colts on the road. He would start him at home. But would you start him at home against Dallas? Then the next home game is not until November 26 against Carolina. I would debate that you have a better chance against the Indy defense than home against Dallas. Gibbs may wait and start him on the road against Tampa Bay and their rookie QB. There are some tough decisions to make but I feel strongly it is time to build for the future. If it takes seasoned veteran Brunell this long to get comfortable with this offense don't wait to long for Campbell to go to class.

HTTR! Watch, just because we don't expect them to win next week, they will. It's frustrating and sometimes I have to describe being a Redskins fan as a chore.

What I think everyone is forgetting amongst all the anger, hate, sadness blah blah blah is that the defense cannot stop anybody and I mean anybody. Think about it...if the D had held the Titans and not let them kick atleast 1 fg we could've won the game. Oh and lets not forget about the special teams mental lapse we had to give them the safety. Those are 5 points right there in our favor. This D needs to revaluate what works for them and what doesnt. Right now it's nothing. Changes in the lineup are definately in order and one of my votes goes for Rocky. Whats the worst that could happen? Our D hasn't been playing good, give the kid some reps. Oh and we need Griffin and Joe to come back and come back soon.

Archived