Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Titans at Skins.

Art

The season is over unless those that be understand that we don't have the right players trying execute a new system. The future is now for Campbell. Put him in. Brunell cannot throw the deep ball. Our offensive talent is going to waste. Perhaps if the offense could get a spark, the defense could to.

I still say the defense is the major issue that needs to be fixed.....all I could think about watching that game was the Raider Game last year in our house when we lost that one by 3...they were running on us as well, it was one we should of won, etc....that is when our season turned around, but our defense was awesome...not this time.....The one play that burned me was Archeletta's missed tackle on the sideline..this guy sucks

At least I'll get alot of my yard work and home improvements done every Sunday because my football season is over. I'll be sending everyone a list of work that I can do for you on Sunday's for some extra cash. The Redskins are dead to me!!!

Amen! Somebody needs to start a concession stand at FEDEX field selling clothes pins with which to hold ones nose!

Where the hell was the running???? Why didn't they stick to the running more?!

And the Colts next week? With this defense??? I think I'll sleep all day

LOL....yea Peyton Manning is going to torch our a*ses!

And I'm going to sit in front of my TV and laugh a Greg Williams a*s while he stand there wondering why can't I think of a way to stop this....LOL

I've read a number of posts on this board, and as I lifelong Redskins fan I feel its time I put my two cents in:

A)I agree time for Brunnell to sit, not because he's playing poorly. But more because he's lost the "edge" that makes QB's great. (just like Farve has lost it)

B)All the blame can't go on Al Saunders. Everybody says go back to pounding the ball like last year. Well check the stats for last year: Larry Johnson (Chiefs) 336 carries (only started nine games) Portis 352 carries. So what I'm saying is the offense allows for running the ball. The team isn't executing.

C)The Titans aren't as bad as their record shows....they went on the road and held the Colts to 14 points....

D)Also, it shouldn't be so surprising about the defense. The Skins allowed 4.1 yards per carry last year which was good enough for 21st in the NFL. The same issues exist this year. Below average D-line, with no additons this year. Andre Carter is a pass rush guy not a run stopper. You can't win in the NFL without stopping the run.

So as we suffer through another agonizing week, let us remember the defense is the same as last (except a year older). It doesn't take long for offenses to adjust to what defenses do. There is a fine line between the good teams and the not so good teams.....

It's just my two cents....

All very Valid points and I agree with just about everything you said. And to the others who said the Redskins now don't think Jason Campbell is what they thought he would be. How can anyone tell that without him actually playing a game in real time with the 1st string squad at his disposal. Preseason he did not have the starters at his disposal.

I agree how many friggin times are you going to overload one side of the field only to watch Henry or Tike Barber cut it back where no one is.

How much longer are you going to watch your CB's stand 15 yards off the receiver. If your going to blitz and the QB is supposed to unload the ball quickly then I want my CB on the friggin receiver and not 15 yards off the ball.

But I can go on because the whole team sucks besides a select few like Portis, Moss and few others. Brunell and his 90 rating my ass if he was half decent his rating would well above 100 because guys are open all over the place he just sucks.

He telegraphs the screen and leads Portis into the tacklers all the time. Once the defense is past the offensive line it's time to get the ball to Portis but he gives him a bull**** lob that he has to wait for all the time. He sucks.

Brunell is famous for setting our running backs up. Sometimes I think he's trying to hurt portis with those BS passes he be throwing him. (A Linebacker will be running full speed at Portis and Brunell will just lob it in the air)

As I said last week, 2 games don't make a season! Brunell needs to go! He needed to go two years ago! The way our defense played last year we could have gone all the way with a good QB. He blew it in the playoffs and is blowing it now!

Maybe Dan Snyder can fork up some cash and bribe someone for a first round pick. Troy Smith from OSU will be a first round pick and we need him!

Joe Gibbs is a great coach but I wonder what is going on behind the curtain? Who is really running the team? Could it be that retard Tom Cruise?

Do you think that anyone in the office actually reads this forum?Do they REALLY know how us TRUE fans feel?I'm embarrised(sp).Year in and year out,its the same thing.Yeah we won out last year to make the playoffs.But did they look good doing it?No.The defence took us there.Where the heck are they now?Is benching Brunell the answer?I'm not sure.But could Campbell do any worse?Look at the team on paper and we should win the Super Bowl.We deserve an apology and a reason.A solution would be nice aswell.

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

This is my first post and I wish it could be more positive. I'm so embarrassed of this team and most importantly the coaches. I respect Gibbs as a person but as a coach he has lost touch. Every week his same line is "We fought our guts out". When will Gibbs himself have the guts to bench Brunnell?

Wake up people. Look at the schedule. The season is over and we might as well put in JC.

Don't even get me started on the defense b/c I'm at a loss for words on that one!

So everyone out there who thinks this team is on the right track with the current personnel and thinks we still have a shot at the playoffs I just want to say STOP DRINKING THE KOOLAID!!!

:logo:

All the big spending in free agency, bringing in a lot of big names with huge contracts. This has the stink of Daniel Snyder all over it. Running the Redskins like a fantasy football team does not work in real life. I submit the following word to be included in this years Webster’s dictionary.

Snyder’d – To overpay for something that fails to live up to expectations.

Usage – Oh man, I got Snyder’d at the used car lot.

All the big spending in free agency, bringing in a lot of big names with huge contracts. This has the stink of Daniel Snyder all over it. Running the Redskins like a fantasy football team does not work in real life. I submit the following word to be included in this years Webster’s dictionary.

Snyder’d – To overpay for something that fails to live up to expectations.

Usage – Oh man, I got Snyder’d at the used car lot.

The owner was not on the field yesterday or any of the games the skins have lost.

Snyder does everything you want from an owner, he provides the means for the president or gm (what ever title you want to use) to get the players the team needs.

The problem lays with Vinny and Gibbs, they are the ones that are making the player decisions now. They go to Snyder and say this is what we want and he provides the money to do it.

How would you like to have an owner like some of the teams do that refuse to spend any money on there team, they just expect the fans to come watch the games year after year like Arizona did for so many years. They are finally trying to improve that team.

I guess is what I am trying to say is that it's the players that are not making the plays! Not the coaches, not the owner.

yes that missed open field tackle by adam asschewletta was definitely laughable...that is the one free agent pickup I still question to this day. He freaking leaped at the guy, as opposed to breaking down and driving through the tackle, come on man, thats basic high school football skills.

I certainly have felt and thought the same way many of you are feeling! This is a great way to vent, but we all know when Sunday rolls around we'll all be in our Burgandy and Gold, expecting victory. Call it a sicknees, or an obsession, whatever you call it; that's what makes Redskins fans the best in the league. If you really give up on any Redskin team what makes you better than a ...gulp... Cowboy fan?

Hey Rogers broke his thumb so at least he will have an excuse everytime he drops a tipped ball.

Maybe Jerry Gray should come out of retirement and show them how it's done since his coaching has done nothing. Since he has been here no one can cover anybody of the other team.

Maybe a little bump and run might actually help instead of playing 15 yards off the ball so guys can't get open short all the time or with one quick move they turn around the defender and are also open deep all the time. At least a little bump and run will take the short **** away and then have safety help over the top for the long stuff.

Seems pretty basic to me but Williams and his boys have taken some simple concepts and turned them into some wacky stuff. I love when Lemar Marshall and Marcus Washington are blitzing from the same side so they take both of themselves out of the play or the other team just run the other way. How about when the slot guy who is a receiver has Warrick Holdman covering him.

Guys seem like they are always mismatched or covering guys they shouldn't be covering.

**** if that's the case take Holdman off the field because he sucks and start Carter at LB where he played last year. Put Wynn back at end so maybe at least we can stop the run.

Let's just play some good ole smash mouth football and rout against our NFC EAST neighbors. Just like we started 2-4 anyone can go 2-4 over the next six games and we could gain some ground. We are fighting from a corner and maybe this loss will get players thinking about their role and contributions. Cmon Lets Go!!!!!!!

Archived