Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Titans at Skins.

Art

AWFUL...That is all I can say. How can we go from the highest of high against jacksonville, to the lowest of the low against the titans? This is absolutely rediculous. I hate to say it, but this team has the felel of the Norv years. Good one week, terrible the next. Always a play a way from winning, but never get there.

I hate suckers like you that can't see whats right in front of your face.

The only losers in this is THE FANS! I paid my $5,000.00 for my tickets and I expect to see a team that has motivation, shows some emotion and looks like they had met each other prior to the kick off.

I will boo as long as this team performs at this level because THEY DESERVE IT

I think the 1st problem is paying $5000 for a team you are going to BOO. Brunell isn't the only problem with the team he is just the easiest scapegoat. Redskins O-Line is mediocre at best. The defense has produced nothing much all season. and don't even get me started with special teams.

I live in NJ and travel 2x a year to see them play. I went to this game and had a great time until the kick off. I would like the players at the end of the game shake hands and walk into the locker room with their heads done. Gibs and Co. need to start throwing things in the locker room and get this team fired up. Gibbs (love him) looks like he's calling a NASCAR race and Williams/Saunders are no beteer than if Heln Keller was calling the plays or schemes. This team should apologize to their loyal fans and just bag this season. At this point I'd have more fun watching Tom Cruise play QB and have the cheerleaders suit up. I hate to say it but we are the Deadskins!

06 record 3-13 at best.

While I'll say that this is a bit extreme, I have to say that our beloved REDskins brought this kind of response on themselves. :(

I gotta be honest. I can't say that I wouldn't have been out there booing either. It was a pitiful performance. It made the post-season Yankees look like World Series contenders. I love this team probably more than I should. I have so many other important things in my life to worry about then spend my Sundays, week in & week out, watching this...disappointment. But still, I do it. And, I think I am justified in calling myself a Die-Hard fan! Anyone who knows me, whether it just be here or face to face, knows just that about me. So, when I see a failing product on the field, I feel the need to show my frustration. The hype around the Redskins this off-season was out of control & few were safe from being swept away by it. But reality is starting to set in.

Six weeks into the season, we have a QB that can no longer throw a pass accurately further than 5 yards down the field consistently & has lost the ability to make smart decisions, in a clutch situation. Seems to me, we would be more justified letting the 2nd year rookie do that. At least he has an excuse. If I see 1 more "NOW" play, I'm gonna puke!

We have a defense that no longer understands the meaning of "coverage." Or "turnover." Or "tackling." I lost count how many times I saw a CB or SS take himself out of a tackle by launching his body to the feet of the ball carrier, who inevitably would move out of the way & gain extra yards. Every one of our CBs & SSs get burned REGULARLY by even mediocre wideouts & TEs. It is reasonable to believe that Peyton Manning & his high-scoring cohorts are going to put up big numbers against this defense.

If the Redskins that played Jacksonville shows up to play Indy, I believe we will win the game. But I no longer have faith that THAT team will show up, consistently. I know it's there, waiting to come out of it's shell. It has become difficult to trust that it will be "this week." I'm tired of facing these ******* opposing team fans after another miserable loss.

They need to get their act together & NOW! As a Die-Hard Redskins fan, I'm extremely diappointed...and sad. :(

Question to all of the fans who BOO Brunell. What if Joe Gibbs does listen to everybody and put in Jason Campbell in for the rest of the season. Will you really be excited?? I agree that he shuld be playing and I predict that after the redksins loose to the Colts and Cowboys the season is basically over and then he will be playing. BUT just say for giggles he starts against the colts and play all season. You all will still BOO campbell when the going gets tough. Everytime camplbell throws a screen, or interception, or fumbles I will still hear the campbell sucks. Redskins fans are the most fickle fans in the NFL.

Guys, ugh, what can I say...

Coach, just want to let you know there were a lot of poor decisions made today on the field. I will make a list of things that we Fans saw with complete dumbfoundness.

1. What happened to the running game Coach? (CP) 26 where u at?

2. Mark Brunell = apprehensive on the field? Coach what do you tell your team leader on offense after a poor, errant, and costly mistake? "Hail Mary the ball Mark!", "Oh yeah if there are defenders around squeeze that son of a gun in there!", "ADDABOY Mark, NO NO MARK! I DIDNT REALLY MEAN IT!!" and loose the game.

*obviously I am really upset with #2

3. Defense? What defense? Who's defense? We dont need no Stinkin defense!

UGLY! JUST SIMPLY DISAPPOINTING!

Major changes have to be made REDSKINS! Before we end up going suicidal on you guys!

At least I'll get some good laughs on Sunday. Think Gibbs is thinking about walking away again if they go 4-12?

Don't say that please. We need him to stay at least another season with this team. after that we will need to GUT :( this team and get rid of Salary Cap space for about 1 or 2 years. Maybe by then we will have a few draft picks :doh:

Can anyone tell me how last years strong defense can turn into this weak peice of crap now?I thought Archuletta and Carter wold make it even better! Or has everyone figured out Greg Williams?

Archuletta and Carter could not suck any more than they do! they have made us a weaker defense but the DT Injuries also hurt this week

It's called a small front four. Our defense gets no pressure and can't tackle. Two basic elements in order to stop the offense. I'd love to see the yards after contact statistics. Greg Wiiliams can preach all of his great schemes, but if the players don't respond it's useless. Hey look at the bright side we kept Travis Henry under 200 yds.

LOLOLOLOLOL

For those that attended the game, what did our wrs look like? You can't see that much on tv and I was wondering what kind of patterns we're running and if people are open that Brunell:

1) Doesn't see OR

2) Refuses to take a chance on OR

3) Lloyd and ARE are the only ones that can't get open.

From tv, seems like Moss or Cooley are the only ones Brunell throws to.

That's because he does not look at anybody else. There were open receivers that he just chose to not look at. He had time today to look at more than Moss he just chose not to.

hmm 2-4 going to indy next week. i don't care if the t.o.p. is lopsided in our favor we still lose by double digits. this isn't a playoff contending team. the talent is obviously there....so i believe somethings happening inside the huddle noone's aware of. be it lack of team chemistry, too many high profile names that just cant handle not being the center of attention, or what have you. we just got spankd by the titans. we lucked into the last 8 points of the game. realistically we lost 25-14. play calling is an absolute joke. hell maybe pete rose knows someone on the inside here and they're all placing bets. defense is mediocre but solid enough to keep us in games. i agree they give up alot of running yards but hell wouldn't you be pissed too if you had to try to cover for that offense every week? i'm not aware of that many defense in the league that can handle winning a game with an offense producing 16 pts a game. some stats were padded like the points in this game and the texans win. lol we're 2-4 and i'm looking at the remaining schedule. i see two games we can win possibly bucs and falcons. everyone else is playing solid ball right now. put campbell in let him get some stats. it's been said he's the future. personally that would be about the only thing to salvage out of this year is for our rookie to get aquainted with the speed of the nfl. we're going nowhere this yr.

let's talk about the aftermath of this potential loss. post game press conference with gibbs, the calling for brunell's benching, the condemnation of an overrated D.

Please vent here

What the Crap is going on . I Mean we have the best team ever on paper but when it comes to the field its awful. The defense is not stopping the Run which is key and the Offense is just not fluent. I had high hopes for this year . something has got to give I mean this 700 page play book isnt putting numbers on the board and to tell the truth I think Joe's play calling did just fine last year. And Mark , what can I say he is trying real hard, but I Think its time to see what jason cambell can do , I know some might think its too early to put him in but Mark isnt getting it done.

When the Skins got the ball back up 14-3 they tried to pass pass pass WTF??? That's when you run Portis down their throat. TERRIBLE PLAY CALLING IN THIS GAME BOTTOM LINE

I strongly agree RUN RUN RUN! Then maby a play action to catch em off guard.You just cant give Portis the ball 14 times and throw screens all day.

Start Jason Campbell. PLEASE GIBBS PLEASE.:doh:

I agree 100% something has to change , Something I have alot of Faith In Gibbs and he knows what he is doing. But for the sake of the Fans and The City and theTeam PUT IN CAMBELL. I think mark is trying hard as hell but he isn't getting the Job done. TIME FOR A CHANGE AND WE NEED IT NOW!!!!

I think the 1st problem is paying $5000 for a team you are going to BOO. Brunell isn't the only problem with the team he is just the easiest scapegoat. Redskins O-Line is mediocre at best. The defense has produced nothing much all season. and don't even get me started with special teams.

I was not booing Brunell I was booing the offense and the defense, you know the teams that decided not to come to the stadium today.

Why is it that if I go to work and perform like they did today my boss would be doing more than booing me, he would be kicking my ass out the door. But we are suppose to tell these guys that it's ok, you played your gutts out, and we appreciate you showing up today.

If they would of come out today and played a hard fought game, I would never consider booing them, but when they put forth effort that they did today, they earned it.

I say they forfeit the season and save me the agrravation of repairing the walls in my house after they loss. Actually that would be pretty funny. Think of all the free time on Sunday you would have and not have to sit thru hours of traffic for every home game. Just a terrible thought, but could be cost saving.

I was not booing Brunell I was booing the offense and the defense, you know the teams that decided not to come to the stadium today.

Why is it that if I go to work and perform like they did today my boss would be doing more than booing me, he would be kicking my ass out the door. But we are suppose to tell these guys that it's ok, you played your gutts out, and we appreciate you showing up today.

If they would of come out today and played a hard fought game, I would never consider booing them, but when they put forth effort that they did today, they earned it.

Losing at HOME against the 0-5 Titans is rediculous and the fans that had to endure that in the stadium were just.If I was there I would have done more than booed.

AMEN!

Question to all of the fans who BOO Brunell. What if Joe Gibbs does listen to everybody and put in Jason Campbell in for the rest of the season. Will you really be excited?? I agree that he shuld be playing and I predict that after the redksins loose to the Colts and Cowboys the season is basically over and then he will be playing. BUT just say for giggles he starts against the colts and play all season. You all will still BOO campbell when the going gets tough. Everytime camplbell throws a screen, or interception, or fumbles I will still hear the campbell sucks. Redskins fans are the most fickle fans in the NFL.

I won't be booing becuase I know that we are working towards the future. I never booed Brunell, I booed the offensive unit, the defensive unit, I do not pick out individual players.

Play the kid, let's start working towards the future.

Archived