Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Titans at Skins.

Art

Here is where you can talk about our 30-point win after the game. It'll be an easy day to moderate this board :).

Have fun.

Woops!!!! Inexcusable loss. The boos were deserved. The Titans are a joke. This game shouldn't have been as close as two touchdowns. Brunell has been inconsistent but has done nothing to kill the Skins. Usually 150-200 yards no picks no touchdowns. This team needs a spark. If Brunell is average once again against the Colts, Gibbs needs to give Campbell a chance.

I hope Saunders reads the great Boswell column up now on Wash Post web site. Maybe he should watch tapes of the last five games last year. Or of the Super Bowl years.

This team thrives on pounding the ball down people's throats then using that domination to crank it downfield.

It doesnt thrive on 25 reverses and screens and "trick dicky" plays as one vet calls them in boswell's column. This team had an identity last year. It manhandled people.

This year? None. This team has no idea who or what it is.

There is no excuse for going up 14-3 and then not knocking the Titans out with gut and power, gut and power, over and over.

If I were Dan Snyder I'd fire Saunders right now.

I hope Saunders reads the great Boswell column up now on Wash Post web site. Maybe he should watch tapes of the last five games last year. Or of the Super Bowl years.

This team thrives on pounding the ball down people's throats then using that domination to crank it downfield.

It doesnt thrive on 25 reverses and screens and "trick dicky" plays as one vet calls them in boswell's column. This team had an identity last year. It manhandled people.

This year? None. This team has no idea who or what it is.

There is no excuse for going up 14-3 and then not knocking the Titans out with gut and power, gut and power, over and over.

Do you have a link?

Okay, I hope we have all stopped mourning our loss to the lowly but talented Titans. Let us look on this moment as a new beginning. For us to be sucessful at least three things have to happen:

1. Every one that keeps supporting Brunell and think he is doing good job take a deep breath and shut up. He was only supposed to be a stopgap for Ramsey to begin with. and quite frankly I think he had outlived his starter potential in the NFL along time ago. Jack Del Rio knew that in Jacksonville that is why he all but ran him out of there . Maybe someone will have to go get LT out of retirement and break Brunells leg so Jay Schroeder... I mean Jason Campbell can get a shot.

2. JG needs to have heart to heart talk with GW and let him know he is the HC when JG does finally retire for good. I think he feels a little threatened by AS and his 700 page gorilla. And it shows in his coaching no aggresion at all!!! Phew!

3. Get rid of the Bill Bellichick style of dealing with off season moves on defense. At this point Adam A really makes me miss Ryan Clark and Fred Smoot is still being missed on the right corner no offense to Carlos Rogers. Lets keep the talent pool together guys.

PS... If we are down big at halftime next week at Indy my guess is JC will get pt before bye week.

You never boo your own team..this isn't Philadelphia, or New York. Booing your own team is like crapping on yourself...why do it? I believe the Redskins are indeed a team that is building for the future...so stop pointing fingers at players/defense/offense. This is a team sport, no individual can single handedly win or lose a game...you have to collectively suck to lose.

I dont know how CP, Ladell, Rock, Sellers et al can stand it. They had a tomato can of an opponent down 14-3 in the second half, all they needed to do was flatten it with a couple more 15 play drives.

Instead, Fancy Pants Saunders cant just hand the #@!# ball off, he's got to run all kinds of foolishness that has us dropping the ball, losing yards and winding up in 3rd and 9 after 3rd and 9.

The coaches, mainly Saunders, gave that game away. Plan and simple. It is on them.

The defense sucked as well of course but it wouldn't have mattered if they'd been sitting on the sidelines watching Clinton and the Gang crush one of the worst run defenses in the league.

i support skins all the way.. but todays game was disgusting... burnell blow.. the only reason he is starting is because he took gibbs to the hospital and probably gave him a blow job... i know even if JC start we are goin to lose more game but if we lost to an 0-5 team and dont know wht to say. It's not all burnell its also the skins feared D. Wright cant cover for ****. I mean dame. Why the F*** we get duckett for someone pls tell me..no draft picks.. we need corner... i am a skins fan but god dame. :(

You never boo your own team..this isn't Philadelphia, or New York. Booing your own team is like crapping on yourself...why do it? I believe the Redskins are indeed a team that is building for the future...so stop pointing fingers at players/defense/offense. This is a team sport, no individual can single handedly win or lose a game...you have to collectively suck to lose.

This is just utter foolishness. Why do it? To express your quite justified displeasure at a horrid display that you just paid very good money to witness. To tell the coaches that you paid to see REDSKIN football, not some two-bit magic show where the tricks all fail.

There is no shame in booing a bad performance. This isnt ballet. It isnt a kindergarten play.

The team and the coaches need to get the message that we will NOT accept this kind of performance. That everything is NOT ok. That there is no requirement that we pay to watch this sorry spectacle.

You know fan is short for fanatic, quite frankly we have every right to boo when you pay these guys saleries and support them by buying tickets, jerseys and the like, and they do not play to their potential. It is not like we had the Chicago Bears down and let them off the hook on a last minute field goal. IT WAS THE WINLESS TITANS. We won the first quarter and went and disappeared except for peek from behind the curtains in the foruth quarter. Personally I say pack up Al Saunders and Mark Brunell and send them on a train whereeverville. Give me JC protecting the football and CP with 25+ carries and we win most of our games maybe the playoffs.

I refuse to blame the D on this. The D stopped the Titans plenty of times and the offense, against the worse D in the league couldn't do anything. Brunell suck. He drains the energy of this offense. We have to game plan for his suppose strengths. Screens, and dinks....BS.

We have these playmakers in this offense like a well tuned race car and we have a driver who is afraid to go over 60 miles per hour. He is the main reason we have lost every one of our games.

Oh, c'mon....the D let Henry run ALL OVER THEM!!!!! Brunell was not the problem today (except for that last pass) but we should put Campbell in to see if he is the solution for next season - since this one is OVER!

I'm distraught :(

I am a lifelong Skins fan and now living in Colorado also a Bronco fan. I must say I am very disheartened by the Skins play and more so it appears bleak future. As a Bronco fan, but honestly much more passionate about the Skins,, the Champ Bailey trade looks like a steal. Yea Portis is a productive back,but in Champ Bailey you have an all world player who has made game winning plays in Denver several times since the trade, and also part of that trade the Broncos acquired Tatum Bell a very good running back. The feeling in Denver with Portis was he has talent, but his real motivation is attention and money. You cannot blame the Skins problems on him, but I do not think it is such a good thing that he is considered one of the team leaders. I think the Skins making that trade was a big mistake! Secondly, the Skins need some young draft talent. They keep trading away picks and you just cannot do that and be a quality organization. Ironically, the Ducket trade resulted in losing what looks like a fairly high 1st round pick to guess who- THE BRONCOS!!! Anyway I will keep rooting for my Skins but I think Snyders wild spending and sadly the Gibbs second era is going to end after this season. I guess the one bright note is the Skins are sure helping my Broncos-WISH IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

Yeah the d got ran over, how many yards would Henry have not gotten if the offense could stay on the damn field. :(

"A gameplan, a gameplan my kingdom for a thirty carry gameplan.":cheers:

I think anyone on extremeskins could probably run for 100 yards on this defense.

Hey dont it's not marks fault he just doing the best he can do! All I got to say is if Cambell is not ready to play yet he is going to Suck and another draft bust that we could have gotten in the second round anyways. NO One wanted him besides us . And he was only good that one year b/c he had 2 good ass back opening up the passing game. JC does not paly now b/c he is not want they thought he would be. Also Collins well he just sucks, 2nd rate maybe an Arena starter?. I think that if the coaches thought that they had anyone to replace Sucknell they would have but they know that The guy playing right now is the best we got on our team!!!! I would say with Joe's experince he would know. I hate sucknell but I really think thats why he still starts. JC should have started this year if he was all that. He not he sucks I need to be GM F#%K! I.e Heath, Patty, and now JC all major BUSTs!

Hey dont it's not marks fault he just doing the best he can do! All I got to say is if Cambell is not ready to play yet he is going to Suck and another draft bust that we could have gotten in the second round anyways. NO One wanted him besides us . And he was only good that one year b/c he had 2 good ass back opening up the passing game. JC does not paly now b/c he is not want they thought he would be. Also Collins well he just sucks, 2nd rate maybe an Arena starter?. I think that if the coaches thought that they had anyone to replace Sucknell they would have but they know that The guy playing right now is the best we got on our team!!!! I would say with Joe's experince he would know. I hate sucknell but I really think thats why he still starts. JC should have started this year if he was all that. He not he sucks I need to be GM F#%K! I.e Heath, Patty, and now JC all major BUSTs!

you guys, this team is embarassing, plain and simple...the D line is terrible, the QB position needs to be shaken up at the least, and a 36 yard punt after you tie the game and go nowhere???

hell your better off throwing a long pick on 3 down.

another season wasted....

You can't "Gut and Power" when the defense cant stop anyone... Are you going to "Gut and Power" when it's 14-13in the second quarter????

This team needs an identity, but more so it needs playmakers and a leader! I can't believe we lost to the 0-5 Titans today at home!!! We could've called any play today and still would've lost because our players are followers not leaders! Gibbs said it best..

" We are waiting for SOMEONE to take charge and lead us out of this"...

Me too Joe..... Me too... :doh:

I will always be a 'Skins fan, but I will no longer be a 'Skins fan that sits up all night waiting for the game to start at 3am Monday (Australian time).

It seems that we may get the Indi game next week on tv, and if so, it would be a 6am (Monday) start, so I should be able to get a few hours sleep before kickoff.

FWIW, I was listening to the game on XXX and Sonny said, as the Titans were running down the clock at the end of the game, that the team should be ashamed of themselves and everyone on the staff should be thoroughly embarrassed with today's performance.

Hopefully, this may be the reality check that everyone needed.

I've read a number of posts on this board, and as I lifelong Redskins fan I feel its time I put my two cents in:

A)I agree time for Brunnell to sit, not because he's playing poorly. But more because he's lost the "edge" that makes QB's great. (just like Farve has lost it)

B)All the blame can't go on Al Saunders. Everybody says go back to pounding the ball like last year. Well check the stats for last year: Larry Johnson (Chiefs) 336 carries (only started nine games) Portis 352 carries. So what I'm saying is the offense allows for running the ball. The team isn't executing.

C)The Titans aren't as bad as their record shows....they went on the road and held the Colts to 14 points....

D)Also, it shouldn't be so surprising about the defense. The Skins allowed 4.1 yards per carry last year which was good enough for 21st in the NFL. The same issues exist this year. Below average D-line, with no additons this year. Andre Carter is a pass rush guy not a run stopper. You can't win in the NFL without stopping the run.

So as we suffer through another agonizing week, let us remember the defense is the same as last (except a year older). It doesn't take long for offenses to adjust to what defenses do. There is a fine line between the good teams and the not so good teams.....

It's just my two cents....

Archived