Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm BACK

Happyfoosball

It's that time of the year, first Giant/Redskins game. This one is being played in NY. Two weeks ago the Redskins went from being an awful team to a pretty good team. It happened suddenly. Next Sunday the same thing is going to happen to NY.

Giants 27 Redskins 14.

Let's see how your last prediction worked out.

Giants 27

Redskins 10

Tiki will rush for 100+

Actual result

Giants 20

Redskins 35

Tiki rushes for 80

Here's hoping you are just as accurate this time.

You must be brain dead...or just a complete clown.

CP ALSO missed 1 ENTIRE game AND played only sparingly in two others...he hadnt even got back to his normal workload until week 4.

Due to his injured shoulder he traded off carries with Betts vs. the Vikes and then did the same thing vs. Houston and sat out the 4th quarter for the most part.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

It's that time of the year, first Giant/Redskins game. This one is being played in NY. Two weeks ago the Redskins went from being an awful team to a pretty good team. It happened suddenly. Next Sunday the same thing is going to happen to NY.

Giants 27 Redskins 14.

Who cares, NEXT Sunday we play the Titans. This Sunday will be against the Giants.

Redskins 31 - Giants less than 31

You have got to be kidding me.. there is NO WAY the V-men do much of anything.. like I said before you were one play away from not having a win... I don't care where we are playing, your team is in disarray and are in the middle of completeing a mutiny in NYC.... Enjoy your only win while it lasts...

You must be brain dead...or just a complete clown.

CP ALSO missed 1 ENTIRE game AND played only sparingly in two others...he hadnt even got back to his normal workload until week 4.

Due to his injured shoulder he traded off carries with Betts vs. the Vikes and then did the same thing vs. Houston and sat out the 4th quarter for the most part.

What makes me a complete clown or brain dead? They've both played in 3 games. They've both shared the workload with other backs (Brandon Jacobs spells Tiki). They have the same amount of carries, and remember Tiki hasn't seen his regular workload due to the fact the Giants have been trailing in every game they've played this season. These backs are very comparible at rushing the ball. Tiki gets the edge as a recieving RB. They're both good blocking backs but Tiki would never pull himself out of a game with the game on the line.

What makes me a complete clown or brain dead? They've both played in 3 games. They've both shared the workload with other backs (Brandon Jacobs spells Tiki). They have the same amount of carries, and remember Tiki hasn't seen his regular workload due to the fact the Giants have been trailing in every game they've played this season. These backs are very comparible at rushing the ball. Tiki gets the edge as a recieving RB. They're both good blocking backs but Tiki would never pull himself out of a game with the game on the line.

The fact that you have the name Burress in your screen name makes you a complete clown and or brain dead.

He is Randy Moss minus talent.

How is what Tiki did in 1997 or 1998 relevent too what he's doing now? Also how is what Portis did with Denver relevent now? The team with the better back right now is all I care about and right now the Giants have the better running back because RIGHT NOW Tiki's the better player.

You keep bringing up the 1860 yards Tiki had last year. How is that relevant to this year? If we can't bring up the past, neither can you.

, which means Tiki is the better back.

Career rushing yards for Barber 8,787 through 9 seasons for an average of 976 yards per season and 50 career rushing TD's (5.5 per yr)

Career receiving stats are 528 catches (58.6 per yr) for 4,718 yards (524.2 per yr) and 12 TD's (1.3 per yr)

Portis career rushing yards 5,930 through 4 seasons (1,482 per season) and 45 career rushing TD's (11.2 per yr)

141 receptions (32.2 per yr) for 1,125 yards (282.2 per yr) and 4 TDs (1 per year).

So...what doesn this prove. Absolutley nothing. Looks like Portis has the rushing edge and Tiki has the receiving edge. There are no stats for blocking, but I think both RB's are pretty equal with that.

Portis scores over 11 TD's on the ground a yr to Tiki's 5.

Tiki scores slightly more in the air (1.3 to 1) than Portis. For my money you would have to give Portis the slight edge overall.

So... Don't go spounting off about how Tiki is the better back without something to back it up besides your own skewed opinion.

Career rushing yards for Barber 8,787 through 9 seasons for an average of 976 yards per season and 50 career rushing TD's (5.5 per yr)

Career receiving stats are 528 catches (58.6 per yr) for 4,718 yards (524.2 per yr) and 12 TD's (1.3 per yr)

Portis career rushing yards 5,930 through 4 seasons (1,482 per season) and 45 career rushing TD's (11.2 per yr)

141 receptions (32.2 per yr) for 1,125 yards (282.2 per yr) and 4 TDs (1 per year).

So...what doesn this prove. Absolutley nothing. Looks like Portis has the rushing edge and Tiki has the receiving edge. There are no stats for blocking, but I think both RB's are pretty equal with that.

Portis scores over 11 TD's on the ground a yr to Tiki's 5.

Tiki scores slightly more in the air (1.3 to 1) than Portis. For my money you would have to give Portis the slight edge overall.

So... Don't go spounting off about how Tiki is the better back without something to back it up besides your own skewed opinion.

I based my opinion on this years stats. You put your own twist on it to support your arguement. Comparing careers is unfair in this case because Tiki was just a punt returner for 3 years of his career. What is comparable is their average yards per run.

Tiki 4.6

Portis 4.7

Tiki's held this average over a 9 year span where Portis has only played 4 years in the league. Regardless, it's nearly impossible to compare careers because they've gone down different paths. Who knows what Tiki's numbers would be like if the Giants had given him the ball from day one. How about you use your skewed stats to show me how Portis is the better back right now.

I based my opinion on this years stats. You put your own twist on it to support your arguement. Comparing careers is unfair in this case because Tiki was just a punt returner for 3 years of his career. What is comparable is their average yards per run.

Tiki 4.6

Portis 4.7

Tiki's held this average over a 9 year span where Portis has only played 4 years in the league. Regardless, it's nearly impossible to compare careers because they've gone down different paths. Who knows what Tiki's numbers would be like if the Giants had given him the ball from day one. How about you use your skewed stats to show me how Portis is the better back right now.

If you read my "skewed" stats, I gave Tiki some advantages and Portis some advantages. Just looking at overall. And you tell me not to go down the "career" path, but you just brought up that Tiki was a punt returner his first 3 years. What, he wasn't good enough to break the starting lineup from day 1.

Comparing careers is unfair in this case because Tiki was just a punt returner for 3 years of his career. What is comparable is their average yards per run.

It's very relevant, actually. See, Portis wasn't relegated to being a return man because he was that good as a RB. If Tiki was half the man Portis is, he'd have started out great, just like Portis did. I give Tiki credit for getting better with age, but Portis was a game breaker right out of the gate. That has to be accounted for when you try to make ferocious claims like Tiki is better than Portis. See, you just don't have a leg to stand on in this discussion. You can't pick and choose which year(s) are applicable to the concept. All years are, not just last year. Over the course of their careers, Portis has been a more productive RB, player, and scorer. Period, end.

Would you like to try the spin cycle again?

You guys can talk and talk and talk but at the end of the day Tiki's still the better player. Had the second highest total yardage ever last year, lit up your defense for 200 yards in a game and this year has barely been used yet still has basically the same yardage as Portis. He's about to blow up and in the process blow Portis out of the water.. again.

You guys can talk and talk and talk but at the end of the day Tiki's still the better player. Had the second highest total yardage ever last year, lit up your defense for 200 yards in a game and this year has barely been used yet still has basically the same yardage as Portis. He's about to blow up and in the process blow Portis out of the water.. again.

And just think... in a few years he'll be old enough to be a Wal Mart greeter... so he's got that going for him too.

Your great recieving tandem has one extra yard then the Giants great tandem, but Moss and Randle-El took an extra game to achieve that. And how can an average be skewed? Your arguement holds as much substance as me saying your average is only that high because the Skins have played the Texans. And here's how much better Portis is then Tiki.

Tiki = 53 att, 225yds, 4.2 avg, 16 rec, 132 yds.

Portis = 53 att, 237yds, 4.5 avg, 6 rec, 117 yds.

CP's stats are skewed because he's played the Texans, which means Tiki is the better back.

Actually you forgot that Portis missed one game against the Cowboys b/c of injury and he only had 86 yds against the Texans. If he played the whole game, he would have had well over 100 yds, but we let Betts carry most of the load. Also he only played a minimal role against the Vikings in which he had 39 yards on only 10 carries. And despite his minimal playing time except for last game against the Jags, HE STILL HAS MORE YARDS THEN TIKI! He should have well over 300 yards but his injury at the beginning of the season prevented him from that.

Sorry but Tiki is past his prime bud, and Portis is just hitting his. Some one posted stats earlier to prove this, but you just discredited them b/c

Ok you want to talk stats, Tiki "cough up" Barber just found out how to stop fumbling, if you want to really talk about who is the better player. CP rarely fumbles in a game. Yes Tiki had 2 great seasons in the '04 and '05 season, can't deny that, but you think that he's really gonna rush for 200 yards agaisnt us. When he did that, our D-Line was depleted in that game. Yes 36-0 in Jersey was terrible, but he WILL NEVER get 200 yards against us again. So tell me when Tiki is about to blow up? Oh yeah, he might blow up after gettin whipped up like he did in the playoff game against Caroline (bet he forgot about that), and by the way, what did Tiki do in that game, or even the whole team? I remember seeing 23-0....:rotflmao: :owned: :gaintsuck

screw last season, I don't even care that we won big at home and lost big on the road. Look at THIS year. The Giants do not look good so far. The Skins didn't either until last week. But the Skins aren't fighting among themselves nor are they questioning the coaching staff. Better hope the skins don't come out fast and score a TD quick or this game is gonna be ugly for the VAGiants

Hey genius, Portis has Tiki beat in the most important category: scoring. Portis has scored 4 times this season while Tiki has only done that.... uhhh, wait a second.... none?:laugh:

You're trying to say Tiki is better right now than Portis is and he hasn't even scored this season. Talk to me when he crosses the end zone, if he does.

I just checked and Portis is tied for first in the league with the most rushing touchdowns, 4, with Rudi Johnson.

:D

Archived