Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I $%^#$% hate @#$@ing COMCAST

alexey

I had a problem with them a couple years ago. They told me they were coming out on a friday, I was in the military at the time and got my boss to let me stay home while they fixed what they had to. Needless to say no one showed up at all. No phone call or nothing. Then the whole weekend they told me someone was coming so of course I was home the whole time. Then on sunday the manager I was cursing out put me on hold na dforgot to hit the button. The first thing she did was curse out the customer service person who was (God forbid) actually helping me, then she said "This guy is really getting over" then after a minute of two she realized I was not on hold and put me on kept me waiting for 5 minutes then came back all nice and sweet. Before she coudl really talk I was like "I am really getting over huh?" she then said well you were not suppsed to here that. I responded that it should not have been said at all and to put the CSR back on the phone because at least she knew what she was doing. The next day I send a certified letter return receipt to the president of the company. Before the end of the week the Regional vice president called me and apologized and gave me a lot of free stuff. I also got a written apology. Needless to say someone isn't working there anymore LOL the CSR gave me her phone number and told me all the good dirt. LOL

We have had Comcast for 6 months now since we moved here, no problems so far, everything has been great. 1 time we had no picture, they were out that day and fixed the problem

Wow, 1 satisfied customer, out of hundreds of thousands......i didnt know they surpassed the zero mark !!

I did not think there existed a force strong enough to have me give up Internet service and cable TV, but i think Comcast is it.

I make a payment. They take my money, it gets taken out of my account... but never gets posted to Comcast account. Now they disconnected my service, and refuse to discuss my account until I "make a payment"!

Isn't there some kind of a class action lawsuit I can join? Or can I sue them in small claims court or something? I filed BBB complaint... is there anything else I can do? Did they ever pass that monopoly bill in Congress? :mad:

Dude Comcast just took over adelphia in the frederick area and I swear this happens all the damn time.. I went nuclear on some poor soul two weeks ago.. It better not happen again.

Actually, I already started the "official" I hate comcast thread. Please do a search next time you post.

Come on now, this thread is like totally different :)

Yeah you do not want to have Comcast take money out of your account automatically... Just thinking about that makes me shiver... They are not very good with that kind of stuff... Once they refered about $20+ to a collections agency about 4 months after I disconnected the service. The letter just appeared in the mail out of the blue... (no i did not owe them any money) Oh well, it's nothing a 30 minute phone call cannot fix :)

Anyways, the complaint filed with the Better Business Bureau yesterday turned out surprisingly effective! I got a call from them today. How about that? It was a very nice guy too, he even gave me a direct number! A direct number to a polite Comcast problem solver!!! Needless to say I almost passed out.

I think they have a system specifically set up to keep people quiet. Once you get past their defenses it's smooth sailing. It's a very effective system they got there. Keep the quiet ones paying, tell all others to fork off, make sure those who can cause trouble are satisfied.

One more thing. It appears Comcast representatives and supervisors are actually allowed to discuss past-due accounts! Melinda lied to me... how coud she...

I cancelled Comcast so that I could get DirectTV, I paid my final bill, prorated of course, turned in my cable boxes for which I got a receipt. A few months later, while enjoying DirectTV, I get a phone call saying I owe $430 for not returning equipment!! :doh:

I go to the headquarters of Comcast show them the receipt for which I returned the equipment and final bill, the lady that I paid the bill to said that I forged a stolen Comcast document and advised their records show of no payment or equipment return.

Pissed I told Comcast to go $%*% :cuss: THEMSELVES!! A few weeks later they sent me a letter of appology and advised me I owed nothing. Thank god I got rid of them when I did. :poke:

I cancelled Comcast so that I could get DirectTV, I paid my final bill, prorated of course, turned in my cable boxes for which I got a receipt. A few months later, while enjoying DirectTV, I get a phone call saying I owe $430 for not returning equipment!! :doh:

I go to the headquarters of Comcast show them the receipt for which I returned the equipment and final bill, the lady that I paid the bill to said that I forged a stolen Comcast document and advised their records show of no payment or equipment return.

Pissed I told Comcast to go $%*% :cuss: THEMSELVES!! A few weeks later they sent me a letter of appology and advised me I owed nothing. Thank god I got rid of them when I did. :poke:

Another reason i hate Comcast was because all of the silly ass ads they show about how with "the Dish" you're signal will go out on a whim. Pretty much using a fear tactic to keep customers that are unhappy with their service. I've been going strong with Direct TV for 2 and a 1/2 months and no such problem yet. Yet another reason to hate Comcast.

I don't know about that. 2 1/2 months is nothing. I was just over a friend's house last night and his DirectTV was messing up while he was watching a movie. He's only had it a month, and he says it happens every other day. He switched to DirectTV because they were cheaper than Comcast, and he had some disputes with his Comcast bill. He misses having Comcast though. My other friend, swears his DirectTV doesn't mess up. But I've been in his place when the screen just froze and stayed that way for at least an hour. I'm not saying DirectTV is bad, but there is something to those Comcast commercials.

I have Comcast, and I'm thinking about switching to something else. No, I've never been screwed over by them as other people have. Yet I visited my best friend's in-laws, and they have Verizon cable. Verizon has it's own form of OnDemand, more movies ONDemand, cheaper cost on premium channels, changing channels is faster, cheaper internet access, and all for a lower price. They also got two digital boxes in two different rooms for no extra cost. Every since then, I just can't justify paying all of this extra money for less quality.

I don't know about that. 2 1/2 months is nothing. I was just over a friend's house last night and his DirectTV was messing up while he was watching a movie. He's only had it a month, and he says it happens every other day. He switched to DirectTV because they were cheaper than Comcast, and he had some disputes with his Comcast bill. He misses having Comcast though. My other friend, swears his DirectTV doesn't mess up. But I've been in his place when the screen just froze and stayed that way for at least an hour. I'm not saying DirectTV is bad, but there is something to those Comcast commercials.

I have Comcast, and I'm thinking about switching to something else. No, I've never been screwed over by them as other people have. Yet I visited my best friend's in-laws, and they have Verizon cable. Verizon has it's own form of OnDemand, more movies ONDemand, cheaper cost on premium channels, changing channels is faster, cheaper internet access, and all for a lower price. They also got two digital boxes in two different rooms for no extra cost. Every since then, I just can't justify paying all of this extra money for less quality.

My sis has had it for 3 or 4 years and the only times I've seen it go out was when there were hurricane-like winds or if there was a severe thunderstorm out. Even then, comcast will have simliar issues with their broadcasts.

Now Verizon FiOs TV, that's another monster. We don't have that in my area just yet but my interest is piqued. Maybe not for the immediate future but somewhere down the road.

I hate Comcast so much I can't participate in this thread. The single worst company i have ever dealt with by such a long shot I doubt very seriously any other entity will ever top them in my lifetime. People in that company deserve to go to jail for how they bilk and defraud people.

~Bang

Archived