Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I $%^#$% hate @#$@ing COMCAST

alexey

I did not think there existed a force strong enough to have me give up Internet service and cable TV, but i think Comcast is it.

I make a payment. They take my money, it gets taken out of my account... but never gets posted to Comcast account. Now they disconnected my service, and refuse to discuss my account until I "make a payment"!

Isn't there some kind of a class action lawsuit I can join? Or can I sue them in small claims court or something? I filed BBB complaint... is there anything else I can do? Did they ever pass that monopoly bill in Congress? :mad:

Have your bank send them a reciept? Fax is the fastest way, then call em back and say "see that reciept from my bank? i want 3 free months of internet and

cable for my troubles or im leaving comcast" they will comply more than not i bet.

Have your bank send them a reciept? Fax is the fastest way, then call em back and say "see that reciept from my bank? i want 3 free months of internet and

cable for my troubles or im leaving comcast" they will comply more than not i bet.

It used to be like that at some point, but it appears now they've fully embraced the "screw you, we have a monopoly" attitude...

I did not think there existed a force strong enough to have me give up Internet service and cable TV, but i think Comcast is it.

I make a payment. They take my money, it gets taken out of my account... but never gets posted to Comcast account. Now they disconnected my service, and refuse to discuss my account until I "make a payment"!

If they disconnected your internet service, how did you post this ?

besides the price and lack of HD channels, Comcast has done well for me. I love ondemand.

Ondemand is nice, but it's just a beginning of what we'll see in the very close future... Soon enough there will be 1 cable going into a household carrying all data traffic... phone, internet, tv... and electricity too, if they ever get that broadband through powerlines thing going :) It's probably going to be fiber though...

The thing is, TV as such will merge with Internet... changing a channel will become a matter of loading a TV website and streaming down its programming. On demand will be the only way, unless it's live TV. The key is bandwidth, and that is why Comcast has invested so much into upgrading speed. I would not be surprised if they only provided a standard interface for ondemand services, allowing other companies to serve the actual content. If so, serving that same ondemand stuff over the Internet is a matter of changing the interface, which is easy.

One way or another, a revolution of cable TV is coming... I suspect that is a big part of the reason why Comcast is so dang expensive. They want to milk it, plus having mucho dinero in the bank is a good way to prepare for uncertainty. It will be fun to watch how everything unfolds. Consumers may get seriously screwed though... especially if Comcast gets in touch with some of those Exon/Mobil lobbyists ;) we'll see.

Isn't there some kind of a class action lawsuit I can join? Or can I sue them in small claims court or something? I filed BBB complaint... is there anything else I can do? Did they ever pass that monopoly bill in Congress? :mad:

if you set up online billing with your bank and comcast they will not have any ground to stand on

Thanks for all the help and tips. I'm canceling my service and will attempt to get as much $$ back from them as I can through complaints and BBB. Never again will I be a Comcast customer.

By the way, does anybody know if it is possible to get sporting events without having any other cable channels? Does anybody allow you to pick channels you want, instead of paying for hundreds of channels even though you only watch a handfull?

Also, can you get Wizards games on Direct TV, considering they are aired from "Comcast Sportsnet"?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the help and tips. I'm canceling my service and will attempt to get as much $$ back from them as I can through complaints and BBB. Never again will I be a Comcast customer.

By the way, does anybody know if it is possible to get sporting events without having any other cable channels? Does anybody allow you to pick channels you want, instead of paying for hundreds of channels even though you only watch a handfull?

Also, can you get Wizards games on Direct TV, considering they are aired from "Comcast Sportsnet"?

Thanks!

You can get the Sports pack which is like 5 bucks a month and since you are local, I would guess that you would be able to see it on the Comcast channel which is 629 I believe.

Good luck with only paying for channels that you watch though.

Archived