Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss will get NFC Offensive player of the week....right???

SMOSS89

Peter King gave it to Lawrence Maroney, figures.

Maroney isn't in the NFC.

I do wanna say that Maroney is getting a lot of love on talk radio and ESPN, though. One game over 100 yards with 2 TD's and he's the best thing since sliced bread. How 'bout you forget the fact that he's playing on everybody's favorite team, the Patriots, and chalk his performance up to facing a weak rush D in Cincy and stop all the nuthugging until he does something similiar a few more times?

I mean, against Denver, he rushed 12 times for 18 yards. :rolleyes:

not only should he, but he'll get it again next week

--It is likely that RCB Sam Madison might be relieved of starting duties, at least for a game, to be replaced by either veteran R.W. McQuarters or reserve Frank Walker. Madison (UFA, Miami) has had difficulty with the new a system and has been beaten often.

Thought I heard an announcer say he is the 1st NFL player to catch two TD passes over 50 yards in a game.

I think it's actually the first player to catch two TD passes over 50-yards in a game, one of which was also a game winner in OT... but ridiculously impressive nevertheless...

Maroney isn't in the NFC.

I do wanna say that Maroney is getting a lot of love on talk radio and ESPN, though. One game over 100 yards with 2 TD's and he's the best thing since sliced bread. How 'bout you forget the fact that he's playing on everybody's favorite team, the Patriots, and chalk his performance up to facing a weak rush D in Cincy and stop all the nuthugging until he does something similiar a few more times?

I mean, against Denver, he rushed 12 times for 18 yards. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that, I should've been more specific. He just named Maroney the offensive player of the week period, not dividing between AFC and NFC.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/29/mmqb/1.html

Thought I heard an announcer say he is the 1st NFL player to catch two TD passes over 50 yards in a game.

It was two catches over 50 yards for touchdowns one being in overtime. He was the first player to catch a 50 yarder for a touchdown in regulation and a 50 yard touchdown in overtime in the same game.

Archived