Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN analysis?

terpfan

i think they ignored it because ESPN annointed the Jags as the best team in the NFL after week 2. They are scared to eat some crow.
You Know IT!! They showed so many Jax highlights and then the One winning catch by Moss. I'll just use Tivo cause their highlights suck.

You Know IT!! They showed so many Jax highlights and then the One winning catch by Moss. I'll just use Tivo cause their highlights suck.

I noticed that too, pretty weak. They didn't even show any of our scores except the final catch in OT. I wish I DVR'ed the game.

nah, they completely ignored the game, and showed two highlights from the game... a drive or two by Leftwitch and Moss' TD to win the game in OT

I think that's because ESPN feels Leftwich is the "marquee guy" in the game - regardless of whether his team wins or loses. CBS was pretty bad during the game breaking to Mrs. Leftwich every freakin' minute as well.

Someone get Rush Limbaugh on the phone...

Whatever happened to Primetime anyways? Now they only have the "blitz" and its just a part of sportscenter. Am I missing something or do they not have an all nfl highlight show on Sunday nights anymore? WTF ESPN?

NBC purchased the exclusive rights to highlights, a shame because ESPN did that very well and NBC's "Football Night in America" is awful.

I agree with the original post. This was a great game between two teams that were expected to vie for the playoffs ending in overtime and they treat it like it was the least important and least exciting game of the day. Let's keep winning just to annoy ESPN. :laugh:

Let's face it, once again the Skins are underestimated. That shouldnt be anything new for us, even when we have top notch talent, top notch coaching, and an intense fan base, this team isn't taken seriously. But hey if they keep not taking this team seriously, then we'll keep them on their heels, and doubting themselves. The Skins are starting to sizzle, all we needed was to win to start the train rolling. So let them think whatever they may, we'll show them who we are and what we are made of.:silly:

NBC purchased the exclusive rights to highlights, a shame because ESPN did that very well and NBC's "Football Night in America" is awful.

I agree with the original post. This was a great game between two teams that were expected to vie for the playoffs ending in overtime and they treat it like it was the least important and least exciting game of the day. Let's keep winning just to annoy ESPN. :laugh:

ESPN still shows NFL Primetime, just not on Sunday nights anymore. Tonight it airs at 6pm right before Countdown, and I believe that is the normal time slot for it. It is no longer hosted by Boomer and TJ, Stuart Scott hosts.

]']I truly despise Tom Jackson. Its one thing to hate us' date=' cus a lot of people do, but he actually loathes us. like his face gets uglier when he talks about us. .[/quote']

damn it, you are so right. it is in a way a little uncomfortable watch, his demeanor and look morphes as soon as the words Redskins is said...

Whatever happened to Primetime anyways? Now they only have the "blitz" and its just a part of sportscenter. Am I missing something or do they not have an all nfl highlight show on Sunday nights anymore? WTF ESPN?

They are not allowed to be on the air Sunday night any more because NBC has the Sunday night game. That is whey the do the blitz of 4 games with extended highlights during the sportscenter on Sunday night. I am surprised that we were not one of them. I guess they decided to focus on the 4 undefeated teams.

Now if the REDSKINS lose next week to the NY Giants it will be shown over and over again on ESPN. They will break the game down, the whole nine yards.

Because we all know their love for everything Manning, and everything Dallas.

I think they showed the Dallas/Titans highlights fourteen dozen times :doh: geez.

The REDSKINS only hope for more coverage is to WIN and WIN some more.

GO REDSKINS :wavetowel

BEAT THE giants :helmet:

You guys worry too much about the media. They can't do primetime anymore because of the Sunday Night NBC contractual rights. So they can only show clips of games the same night and not a complete breakdown. They are probably showing all the undefeated teams over us. Doesn't bother me what the media thinks in September, just what they think in February.

The double standard I've been seeing this week is disgusting. I understand showing highlights of the Pats / Bengals game, but why show so much of the Dallas / Tenessee game? Or the Atlanta / Arizona game? The Skins game overall was easily one of the most exciting of this early season.

I also find it annoying that ESPN analysts are quick to note that the Skins beat the Texans, so not to get too excited. But almost in the same breath talk so highly of the Eagles, who have played an obscenely easy schedule thus far.

:doh:

NFL Primetime just gave much love to Clinton Portis, then Santana Moss, and especially Mark Brunell. It was around 2:30 I think so I doubt many have seen it.

It included highlights on Clinton Portis making his big plays and goal line TD. They then showed Santana Moss's three TDs. They finished off by admitting how wrong they were for dogging Brunell for two straight years.

How many times in week 2 did we watch the stupid Giants TD pass in overtime and all the announcers proclaiming the Giants an amazing team and Eli the new comeback quarterback?

We got nothing. I watched the same broadcast roll over and over all they did was show every game but ours. Not even the NFL Network played our game. Its like it didnt even happen. If we destroy NY next week what will we get? Honorable mention on SC? Sure...theres no media bias towards us, were just a bunch of paranoid people who cant get a god damn breakdown of the game anywhere but on our website.

The Skins need to run off another streak of 5 in a row ... then they will get some respect grudgingly ... nonetheless, the media will find a way to explain it away. The "Skins" never will be fully respected ...The team's mascot name and "new money" owner are too politically incorrect for the media to stomach.

NFL Primetime just gave much love to Clinton Portis, then Santana Moss, and especially Mark Brunell. It was around 2:30 I think so I doubt many have seen it.

It included highlights on Clinton Portis making his big plays and goal line TD. They then showed Santana Moss's three TDs. They finished off by admitting how wrong they were for dogging Brunell for two straight years.

:laugh:

Figures, they reserve their time for eating crow at 2:30....when no one's home to watch!....then the 6pm 'primetime' and sportscenter shows come on, and it's like "oh yeah, the skins beat the Jaguars...that Moss guy is pretty good...next".

damn it, you are so right. it is in a way a little uncomfortable watch, his demeanor and look morphes as soon as the words Redskins is said...

Agree with you, the council does. TJ looks as if the Redskins raped someone he loved whenever we are talked about. I've never seen that much 'hate" from an announcer in my life. And we're not just making this up cause we are skins fans.

You would think the triplettes (Irvin, Aikman, Emmit) would show that much hate when they talk about the skins but they are actually pretty cool and tell it like it is.

TJ, bro, GET OVER IT. It was just one SB loss against the skins!

GC

Archived