Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Jacksonville at Skins.

Art

All I have to say is that it is nice to beat a team without it being called 'sloppy" or any other excuse people can think of. The Jags brought their A game today and we just outplayed them. One of the best Skins games i've seen in years:D

Hopefully this game is only the beginning of a beautiful thing:logo:

:cheers:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee! We WON! Great win!!!!!

As I said before, Jaguars did not play the team with such a good running game. And look at Brunell - he is a smart QB. He does absolutely what Gibbs asks him to and in the moment when needed he delivers! What a throw! And what a catch by Santana Moss!!!!!!! And the run after the catch!!!!!! Anyway, our offense rocked. If our Offense plays like this every game - our defense will be beter and more turnovers will come!

Go Skins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!

Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,

Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

:logo:

That pretty much says it all

HAIL

:point2sky

Hey Mods you need to change this guys number to #89!!!!

Way to play Redskins. What a great win.

I think the game plan was great, run their D-line from side to side until their toungues are hanging out. Spread the field horizontally and vertically. Steamroll them. Get the ball to the playmakers. I think maybe Al Saunders is going to prove to be a good pick-up.

Santana, Clinton, Chris, you guys were great. Mark, I was ready to bench you after that first pick you threw; but you showed me how a great QB responds to a bad play. The entire O-line was teriffic today. You really took it to them.

The D-line was really good today, put a lot of pressure on their QB and totally stuffed their running game. I also think our DBs played well. Jacksonville's QB has such a strong arm and their receivers can catch so I give them credit for their performance.

The special teams play was also very good. John Hall made all his kicks and our kick and punt returns were good.

Overall, a solid team win over a very good opponent. HTTR!

Umm, I was just looking at the box score and it says Sean Taylor had a punt return for 0 yards. Uhhh, what happened?

To put it simply, Sean Taylor is one of the best athetes in the NFL and the skins had a designed play, punt return, where A.R.E. threw a lateral to ST. I was really hope they run this play again.

what a game today people, what a game

FedEx was ROCKIN, straight up, loudest I've heard it since Dallas in December last season

I find it HILARIOUS that Mike Peterson and John Henderson called out our line in the first quarter, yelling at them and Portis, "ya'll can't run on us" "ya'll have no chance running at us"

:laugh:

What a difference Clinton Portis makes! Now we're getting to see what the Skins paid Saunders to do. I think it's been a while since a Redskins offense racked up 500+ yards in one game, and 480+ in the next. Offense is looking great, but I can't wait to see the defense find that swagger they've had for the last couple years. Once that happens, look out! GO SKINS! BRING ON THE G-MEN!

the start of 'fixing' the defense is convincing Carlos Rogers that he doesn't need to spot his man 20 yds at the line of scrimmage. I cannot believe the room he's giving opposing recievers....its ridiculous.

Come on now John. How many years did we yell at the Pettibone 'Prevent Defense?' They were rushing 3 and 4 linemen the last 10 minutes, giving Byron all the time in the world. BL played a great game down the stretch with really big, fast WRs.

Look at the stats. We did quite well overall, shutting them out much of the second half and putting us in a position to win in OT.

Well, for some reason I STILL can't post new threads, but if someone wants to start a new one...here it is, lol.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=sundaystud/week4

They put someone elses face in for moss!! LOL! It looks like westbrook!

someone did already make a thread about this lol. kinda funny that ESPN mixes up an Eagles runningbakc and a Skins WR. anyways HOW BOUT DEM REDSKINS!!!!!!!:point2sky :gaintsuck

I am just thrilled in goosebumps!! Way to go gang! Looks like we're back in sync. Oh god is this gonna be a fun year!

Brunell to Moss is going down in da history books as one of the best connections! Damn what a difference Portis has made. Everyone is excited and but don't get to hype - concentrate on every weekly game!

GO SKINS!

I hope all the junk about Brunell is put to rest and we move up and over from here the whole league better see that they are in trouble. I hope eli is ready and he remembers the sack attack he had last time I think the Skins have his #.All Hail we are back I'm so proud of the way this team fights.It should be a lesson to all you are not lost till you stop swinging and we didn't we won.

Wow and that spelled backwards is Wow. Man I think Mark B. has shut the critics up for now. Man he has thrown for over 500 yards in two weeks, Portis is running like a mad man and Santana, all I can say is if they don't get him before he hits the ground it's over. Great win on to the Giants

I actually missed the game because I went to the Los Angeles Angels' season finale against the Oakland A's.

I did see the highlights and the Skins' good offensive performance against a strong Jaguar defense is definitely encouraging. I thought the game was going to be low scoring.

Well, it's great to get the win because 2-2 is better than 1-3 of course.

Archived