Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Jacksonville at Skins.

Art

That was so sweet! How do you like S. Moss, 75% of his catches for TD's, not bad eh? Defense is definitely a concern though, I don't like giving up 30 pts, especially to Jags who have really no great offensive players.
Totally disagree about the Jags offense. They have the beginning of a very good offense they are just young. Springs is a guy who matches up well with their receivers so it would have been interesting to see him today. I just feel good to get this one remember the Jags have played good teams this year and were 12-4 last year

Once again, a game played with heart, determination and pride. We never gave up, Jax played hard, almost seemed like they would run over us but for the 2nd week in a row, we proved the critics and whoever does the picks in the newspapers who said "Redskins were weak" wrong. I would have liked to see some more big plays but I'll settle for what the way we are playing, as long as it produces a "W" ..who am i to criticize. Next week will be tough, but then again...as a true fan, I have faith.

We have gotten absolutley destroyed at Giants Stadium the past two years and they are coming off a bye. Stayed healthy today but Springs has got to come back to make our blitzing more effective. I was about to come to the revelation the Adam Archuleta was the second coming (and highlly overpaid) version of Matt Bowen, taking bad angles and slow in coverage but he def. played well with Taylor blitzing a lot of downs.

Aw yeah baby! I guess the Offense is not as bad as people made it out to be. I guess MB is not as washed up as some people think he is!

The Skins are starting to get their confidence up and should start playing with a swagger.

Defense gave up less than 30 yards rushing? That was good to see.

How about special teams....even they played solid today.

We had very few penalties so we gave ourselves an opportunity to win.

Our pass defense needs some work but I think that will get better as the season goes on.:cheers:

Don't know if this has been brought up yet, but I have to give props to Rock. He's commin into his own as a returner. He did an outstanding job today, and made quite the difference in our scoring ability with solid feild position most often.

Don't know if this has been brought up yet, but I have to give props to Rock. He's commin into his own as a returner. He did an outstanding job today, and made quite the difference in our scoring ability with solid feild position most often.

I agree. Rock was very solid and gave them a shorter field to work with.:gaintsuck

Oh man , What a GAME! Now let me take this moment to "eat crow" I have been ripping Brunell a season , but after today's game , I admit it ,I was wrong about Brunell, he still has something left in the tank. Wow , Moss was a monster today and the offense looked great. What a change CP makes backs thier we look like a completely diffrent team then that team that played the cowboys two weeks ago. Lets make it three in a row next week!

:applause: I agree 100% , it seemed like Rock gave us a starting field around the 40 all game lomg.

What a game, they have to ride the emotion of this one. Revenge time in NY! Not too concerned about our D, they played great with the exception of 4 big plays. Jacksonville stalled for about 2 1/2 quarters of the game. The only negative I saw was Warrick Holdman and Kenny Wright get exposed a few times today. I really hope Greg starts to get Rocky more involved, maybe on 3rd downs. We get Springs back though and the D will start to improve.

Excellent point about John Hall and the special teams. The gift to Khary Campbell by the refs def. built some momentum going into the half. And aside from the celebration penalty thatgave the Jags good field poistion the coverage teams did excellent job on kicks and punts. Frost even had on ok game except for the one shank.

I feel the same as everyone else, absolutel elated. Awesome games by Portis, Brunell, Moss. The score does not indicate how badly we beat the Jags. We had 480 yds of total offense. Give the defense credit, they played very well, 37 yds total rushing for Jax. What can I say about Sean Taylor, how the hell did Wilford hold onto the ball on that hit in the endzone, his helmet came flying off for Christ sake!!!!!! ST was everywhere. Also, Carter had an amazing game gettin pressure along with the two rooks in Golston and Montgomery. Archuleta also is the best blitzing safety I've seen in a while. HTTR!!!!!!!

I did want them to go for it on 4th and 1 instead of kicking the field goal and hoping the Jagiuars would not score!

I think we were running the ball extremely...well particularly along the right side so CP should have gotten the carry.

I understand taking what the D gives you but that could have been a defining moment to say "we have confidence in our running game and you can't stop us".

It all worked out in the end....so I'm happy anyway.

It sure was nice to see MB beat his former team and quiet all the critics about his past performances!:2cents:

Dude we all love the Redskins. I'm new to this board and i'm so damn tired of logging on and seeing people care more if they're right or wrong more than if our team wins!!! **** this ****! We all love the redkins. please, ENJOY this, drop your ego! And just love our Skins!

I'm not saying that he isn't a fan. All I'm saying is that to hate on a man who's lead us to two consecutive wins and call for a change in qb is absurd at this point.

Archived