Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Jacksonville at Skins.

Art

Quote from the jaguar board about our man Cooley. I thought he did well myself too..

----------------------------------------------------------

Cooley was the difference, in my opinion. He was blocking extremely well, creating lanes into the secondary for Portis. I think the matchups just weren't in our favor at all. I don't know many teams in the league that have an HB like Cooley that can throw those blocks. There were quite a few RB draws as well that the Redskins ran that we just couldn't sniff out.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote from the jaguar board about our man Cooley. I thought he did well myself too..

----------------------------------------------------------

Cooley was the difference, in my opinion. He was blocking extremely well, creating lanes into the secondary for Portis. I think the matchups just weren't in our favor at all. I don't know many teams in the league that have an HB like Cooley that can throw those blocks. There were quite a few RB draws as well that the Redskins ran that we just couldn't sniff out.

----------------------------------------------------

And he didn't even mention the catch that Cooley made on the Jag side of the field where he tip-toed the sideline, even though it was called back. That was a heck of an effort that not many TE/HB could make.

How bout when he had that HUGE gain while dragging like 4 Jags defenders, and when he caught the ball short of the 1st down marker and faught till he made it. Cooley deserves more $ than he gets, however he strikes me as someone who would play this game for free...Maybe not....(haha) but he looks to have that Character that Gibbs looks for in his players, and to me, it just makes them that much more valuable to our team.

Archived