Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Jacksonville at Skins.

Art

From the WP: "I know their linebackers had enough of us, I promise you that, and their safeties, too," Sellers said. "Because we ripped them a new [backside], man. You could tell gradually when a team starts getting worn down. We were on the field a long time on offense, and you could see it in their eyes."

Seeing as we are 14 hours ahead, kick-off for me was at 6am Monday.

My dilemma was whether to catch a few zeds, or stay up all night, so I chose the latter (as I often do).

Was hoping that the game would be shown on cable here, but we got the Lions - Rams game, so I listened to XXXESPN and the call by Sonny, Sam and Larry.

The atmosphere at the stadium must have been awesome, and the 12th man sounded as if 'he' was doing his job as the commentary was often drowned out by the noise generated when Jax had possession.

Was doubting my decision to stay up all night when Brunell threw the interception, but one bad pass early does not end the game.

Was struggling to stay awake by the start of the fourth, but fought the urge to call it quits, and just hoped the team wouldn't let me down.

I sparked up when we won the toss for OT, and when it was mentioned that Coach Gibbs was 7-2 in OT, I realised that the way the game had been played, we had to score in that first possession.

The third down conversion by Cooley, and resultant penalty, just about killed me off, but the Brunell to Moss finisher saw me breath a sigh of relief, and the W was just what I needed to finally see me stagger to bed for some well earned zeds.

Hopefully, I'l get to see some vision of the game, albeit brief, when we get Sports Centre later tonight.

This topped off a huge weekend of sport for me as two of our major codes - Australian Rules and Rugby League - both had their Grand Finals (just like NFL's Super Bowl) with both games going down to the wire and ending with close finishes.

Wow... that was something else. When Moss scored the TD my niece and I went to leave and walk up the steps.. then the sudden murmur of booing because of the review.. some guy behind us on the steps said "don't stop.. keep moving"... I turned and said.. uh.. this game may NOT be over... and he still said "KEEP MOVING" (and yes, he was a Redskins fan). My niece and I went back to our seats, and I noticed that that very same guy had stopped moving to turn around to see what was going on. I caught his eye and he turned around suddenly and kept going. Geesh.

It was too obvious to the ref on the side that he didn't step out of bounds.

But.. can you just imagine the riot on the field IF they had overturned it for whatever reason? I wouldn't have wanted to be the ref that made THAT announcement.!

I couldn't believe.. even though I watched the entire game with my own 2 eyes...What a finish. I didn't think it needed to come to that, 4th and inches. They couldn't stop the run all day.. I personally would have gone for it (which is why I don't get 5 mil to make a decision like that..) it all worked out in the end, thank goodness. I am just glad we have the offense clicking.. now once we get Springs and Big JOE back.. maybe the D will start clicking as far as the passing goes.. anyway.. GREAT GAME

GO SKINS

Alright, I am nibbling on a little crow in regards to Brunell! I won't woof all the crow down just yet! Two games don't make a season but I am optimistic!

I was watching the game become tied on the internet but got to see the last few plays of the regular game and then the spectacular win in OT!

Hail to the Skins!!!!!!

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

I must admit, I wanted Brunnell on the bench. He played his ass off!!! Now, I hope it is not similar to what Brad Johnson did to the "Skins" when he came back to play us. after that game he went back to "Regular"Brad. Brunell can not be scared to throw to his play makers down the field.

Portis is still a Beast!!!!!

Well, for some reason I STILL can't post new threads, but if someone wants to start a new one...here it is, lol.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=sundaystud/week4

They put someone elses face in for moss!! LOL! It looks like westbrook!

Heh heh...yeah, me too...I think the mods/admins are "punishing" me for posting too many dupe threads last night...hopefully they will lift the ban soon...HINT, MODS! :laugh:

we made a much touted D line look very average! :) there were times when I felt like I had gone through time to the early '80's and we could just run the ball as and when we liked.

Brunell? great job. He does tend to force those deep passes though and loses control and touch. His short/middle game though was perfect. One bad play of course - the INT on the flea flicker, I may have fainted at that point! :rolleyes: For all the crap we (including me!) were talking about option pass plays we simply blew them away with a straight ahead run game. Magnificent!

Our D nailed things pretty good in the front 4 (they had a sack on a 4 man rush on one play :cheers: ) but our corners, like it or not, struggle to compete with a deep threat. Very poor tackling on at least one TD too (wasnt helped by some very keen blitzing!).

Offense starting to show its real shape; on D we just need to work together, keep the faith and get our injured players back. I reckon we can screw the Giants (nb this man would not have typed this two weeks ago....;) )

:helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet:

:gaintsuck

Coach Gibbs knows how to get the best out of his players and there is a mutual respect. You don't see any of our players bad mouthing the coaching staff and the game plan like on some teams...Giants. That's why we'r going to spank them because our players play for each other and their coaches not for themselves...Jeremy!

It was nice to see Coach Gibbs give Satanna his props as a player and as a good team player who never complains and is unselfish...T.O...take notes. Coach gibbs always talks about character and how the guys respond to adversity in hard times. He definitely has his stamp on this team! I know we have a tough schedule but I think we're only going to get better as the season goes on!

im telling, that was very well said......Coach Gibbs has the respect of every man who wears his uniform and they play hard for him.....just that reason alone gets us to the playoffs just about every year.....i am almost releived we started the season 0-2, as the players have already dealt with adversity and are moving forward.....Coach Gibbs, thank you for coming back to rescue the Redskins from our misery.....we have a tough divisional road game this Sunday, but the Giants gotta be shaking in their boots.....Hail to the Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived