Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Jacksonville at Skins.

Art

Wow...what a game! Had about 5 freakin' heart attacks there at the end!

Brunell to Moss for the game winner...THEY DID IT AGAIN!!! :cheers:

HTTR!!! On to the Meadowlands!!!

:gaintsuck

I couldn't even stay in chair...I had the radio broadcast on and it was so great to hear Larry Michael make the call that the Skins won just as the ball was snapped.

I loved it!!!! Mad props to Jacksonville...they are one helluva team...they gave us everything we could handle.

Pulled out a win in a good close game... damn what a nailbiter... the team played well, Byron Leftwich is not shabby QB, for those hating on our defense, but our guys have been playing very well, with salvae'a out our depth at D line is showing well, Shawn Taylor is lighting it up, and even though Carlos Rogers wasn't tight enough on a few plays, he had some other ones where he came up big... so, pretty good for a 2nd year guy just starting to make a name for himself... and, our secondary is not doing too bad considering we lost Prileau... and we know we got a *lil* bit of depth behind Shawn Springs, even once he finally comes back... and that's gonna be a big relief... but in the meantime, we've shown that we're still competing in a close NFC, and when it comes to close games, our toughness can get us through... and a little referee love... but hey, to all those whiners on that one, they can shut up, cuz we've had plenty of bad calls COST us wins before, so what goes around, comes around... and, a win is a win is a win... i give mad RESPECT to the 'skins for turnin a 0-2 start into a 2-2 start... Mark Brunell and Sanatana Moss put together a lil late game "zip it" for the critics, and boost our team's confidence a lil goin into the Giants game next week... good game guys, it was a nail biter... a barn burner, if you will, but a great win against a tough Jacksonville team... oh yea, and that's 2-0 vs AFC this year isn't it? booyea it is... biotches...

I have but one question...what do you all think Mark schlereth will say? According to him we were supposed to be in for a 24-6 beat-down by the Jags.

Regardless....this was a Godzilla sized win for this team...and kudos to everyone.

Schlereth has never been a Skins supporter since they didn't pay him and sent him to Denver!! Schlereth is a loser!!

Pulled out a win in a good close game... damn what a nailbiter... the team played well, Byron Leftwich is not shabby QB, for those hating on our defense, but our guys have been playing very well, with salvae'a out our depth at D line is showing well, Shawn Taylor is lighting it up, and even though Carlos Rogers wasn't tight enough on a few plays, he had some other ones where he came up big... so, pretty good for a 2nd year guy just starting to make a name for himself... and, our secondary is not doing too bad considering we lost Prileau... and we know we got a *lil* bit of depth behind Shawn Springs, even once he finally comes back... and that's gonna be a big relief... but in the meantime, we've shown that we're still competing in a close NFC, and when it comes to close games, our toughness can get us through... and a little referee love... but hey, to all those whiners on that one, they can shut up, cuz we've had plenty of bad calls COST us wins before, so what goes around, comes around... and, a win is a win is a win... i give mad RESPECT to the 'skins for turnin a 0-2 start into a 2-2 start... Mark Brunell and Sanatana Moss put together a lil late game "zip it" for the critics, and boost our team's confidence a lil goin into the Giants game next week... good game guys, it was a nail biter... a barn burner, if you will, but a great win against a tough Jacksonville team... oh yea, and that's 2-0 vs AFC this year isn't it? booyea it is... biotches...

I think we got two steals in the draft for the future with Golston and Montgomery!! Those two are going to be fantastic

Hey I live in Switzerland and we are 6 hours ahead of the ET standart time. I went to bed when they Skins were trailing 17-10 and thought to myself this will be a long season! but I just couldn't sleep. I kept wondering whats the score, then at 1:35 am I couldn't stand it anymore! I got up straight for the pc and I couldn't believe my eyes!!! 27:17 for the Skins?? That was great! I just was about go to sleep with a grin on my face, but then leftwich hooked up with Williams and the score was 27:24, then I had to stay up for the remainder of the game!! I listened to the new triplexespnradio with larry michael! It was awesome!!!! Great win, but we really really need Springs back in the lineup, he really can shut down oppenents WR!!!!

GREAT WIN. BRING ON THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!!!!

You, sir.....are da man. :cheers:

:notworthy :cheers: :applause: :movefast: :chestram: YES!YES!YES!. I love this win. I just came back from Myrtle Beach SC, had a great time at the beach. But I had even more fun watching the second half of the game. The Skins looked great. The offense is coming together. It looked like everything was working on offense. Everyone was involved. CP ran the ball real good. The receivers were catching the ball. And Santana proved that he is still the best WR in the league. The defense gave up 30 pts but they still played good. The Jags are a real good team. This was a big victory for the skins. We showed everybody the potential we have on this team.

Coach Gibbs knows how to get the best out of his players and there is a mutual respect. You don't see any of our players bad mouthing the coaching staff and the game plan like on some teams...Giants. That's why we'r going to spank them because our players play for each other and their coaches not for themselves...Jeremy!

It was nice to see Coach Gibbs give Satanna his props as a player and as a good team player who never complains and is unselfish...T.O...take notes. Coach gibbs always talks about character and how the guys respond to adversity in hard times. He definitely has his stamp on this team! I know we have a tough schedule but I think we're only going to get better as the season goes on!

I just got back from the game. Its days like this that make it so great to be a Redskin fan. Man, my section was awesome. There was this one guy with a Redskins mask, receivers gloves, and burgundy and gold painted pants and another guy with a beard firin' up the section 423. FedEx field was rockin'. After the game, it was awesome. People were hi-fiving eachother in the ramps and singing Hail to the Redskins everywhere, including the shuttle bus back to the metro. I have no voice at this point and I love it. HTTR :logo:

We played a great game against a great team.... but there are a few things that concern me...

Our defense has got to step up... it will definitely help when we get Springs back...

And we need to cut down on the penalties. it seems that everytime we have a big play, there is a flag...

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck:eaglesuck:eaglesuckHTTR!

PLAYER(S) OF THE WEEK - THE OFFENSIVE LINE..... THEY HAD IT TOGETHER ALL NIGHT AND MADE SOME AMAZING HOLES THROUGH THEIR DEFENSIVE LINE.:notworthy

Couldn't agree with you more. Way to give Brunell plenty of time to advance through progressions as well as make Portis' job that much easier.

Its wins like this that i am soooooooo proud to be a REDSKIN fan!!! They fought hard vs a very very good Jacksonville team. Remember the Jags defense only allowed 59 yds rushing til today and put up 481 yards of "O" against their defense!! i think we are starting to find our stride. Don't be surprised to hear all the so called experts to begin kissing redskins butt after this win. GO SKINS!!

I just got back from the game. Its days like this that make it so great to be a Redskin fan. Man, my section was awesome. There was this one guy with a Redskins mask, receivers gloves, and burgundy and gold painted pants and another guy with a beard firin' up the section 423. FedEx field was rockin'. After the game, it was awesome. People were hi-fiving eachother in the ramps and singing Hail to the Redskins everywhere, including the shuttle bus back to the metro. I have no voice at this point and I love it. HTTR :logo:

You are lucky to be at the game. I am here in los angeles but my heart is in DC with skins! one day i will be there at fed ex field. the defense does concern me, they are not as good as the previous two years and i don't know why. But the offense is starting to come along. Now its on vs Arrington and the Giants!! go skins!!

Archived