Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Remember Alvin Walton?

F-16 CHIEF

Where is this guy now? He was one of my favorites. He was a head hunter in the truest sense. He had one of those late 80's early 90's face masks that looked like the grill of a Mack truck. He loved to hit people and had some good Superbowl plays. I did a search on him and couldn't find any info. Number 40 was the man!

#40 is one of my all-time favorites.

I remember him describing once how he hit so hard. He said, "I don't try to hit the ball carrier. I try to hit two or three yards beyond him. That way, I know I'm hitting him at full speed."

I loved that guy. The mohawk, the huge pads and neck roll, and the aforementioned facemask. It all combined to make an image that would have caused Freddie Mitchell to die on the spot; before the ball was ever snapped.

I'd be excited to here what AW is doing now too if anybody knows. Also, I'll repeat my prior request for any old pics of him anyone might have. Google doesn't return much. Thanks in advance, and thanks for the thread, CHIEF.

#40 is one of my all-time favorites.

I remember him describing once how he hit so hard. He said, "I don't try to hit the ball carrier. I try to hit two or three yards beyond him. That way, I know I'm hitting him at full speed."

I loved that guy. The mohawk, the huge pads and neck roll, and the aforementioned facemask. It all combined to make an image that would have caused Freddie Mitchell to die on the spot; before the ball was ever snapped.

I'd be excited to here what AW is doing now too if anybody knows. Also, I'll repeat my prior request for any old pics of him anyone might have. Google doesn't return much. Thanks in advance, and thanks for the thread, CHIEF.

I don't have any good pics of him, but I have a football card of him. Man, does he look scary. I would rather be hit by almost anyone than him. The picture on this card makes him look like a machine. It's sweet! :notworthy

MY MAN WAS AW40!!!! named my turtle after him when i was 12!! haha

in training camp 1990 at dickenson col. i took a pic with him in front of his car......personal plate was .......... 2dirty

he was by far my fav skin back then

wish he did not get hurt in dallas in 1991....wish he was there for that super bowl, brad edwards was good, but i always wish AW40 was there instead!!!

Where is this guy now? He was one of my favorites. He was a head hunter in the truest sense. He had one of those late 80's early 90's face masks that looked like the grill of a Mack truck. He loved to hit people and had some good Superbowl plays. I did a search on him and couldn't find any info. Number 40 was the man!

He used to have a mohawk, and he would cut the hair of the players of the team. Matter of fact he cut coach Gibbs hair.

Walton was one of my first favorite defensive players. I loved the relentless hard hitting at such a young age when I would watch him. I didnt know if that made me a violent kid or what, but that's how I played in our playground battles. I remember once a year, my dad's boss would give him and I his season tickets for a game, and I would just love watching Walton line up with his neck roll and just see how bad he wanted to hit someone. Good memories

MY MAN WAS AW40!!!! named my turtle after him when i was 12!! haha

in training camp 1990 at dickenson col. i took a pic with him in front of his car......personal plate was .......... 2dirty

he was by far my fav skin back then

wish he did not get hurt in dallas in 1991....wish he was there for that super bowl, brad edwards was good, but i always wish AW40 was there instead!!!

Danny Copeland was brought in as an FA from KC and he ultimately beat out Walton for the SS spot in 91 training camp.

Danny Copeland was brought in as an FA from KC and he ultimately beat out Walton for the SS spot in 91 training camp.

I don't think that's correct.

I believe Walton started the first two games of the 91 season but got hurt in the Dallas game. Copeland took over and kept the job when Walton came back later.

Walton was sort of the Roy Williams of his day (though not as good as RW). He was a fearsome hitter and effective blitzer but had serious problems in coverage.

Speaking of favorite Redskins, remember Wilbur Marshall and the night in Dallas that he tried to take off a Cowboys lineman's head in the end zone. I think there had been a fumble. They said he would go into a "zone" whenever we played the Cowboys.

Archived