Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pittsburgh with less total yards then skins

CurseReversed

I think you confuse playing smart with not really playing at all.

Just because Brunell throws the ball in the turf and out of bounds on every other throw dosent mean he is playing well because he's not throwing INTs.

If you forgot already, the score was 17-10, we had the ball on the 20 and Brunell threw and INT to effectively end the game.

You still have to produce alittle offense, playing it smart involves scoring every once in a while.

You say he isn't playing by throwing the ball away, then you say he ends the game, when he tries to complete a tight pass?

C'mon man....

You guys are funny did you see the Jags against the Cowboys last week.They played pretty good against the Cowboys and won.We played the Cowboys and got are a** kicked.So dont even talk s*** about Pittsburgh they will have alot better record than the Skins.The Jags are a good team we will see that in a few weeks.Also throw in the fact it was Bens first game back.I think thats pretty important.

Yep both the pokes and Vikes are chumps

Ben played the preseason, and practiced all week....

it is just amusing how people can give the other guy a break, and sometime to get it done, but our team is the worst, and so & so can't do anything right, get him out of here :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

You say he isn't playing by throwing the ball away, then you say he ends the game, when he tries to complete a tight pass?

C'mon man....

Haha exactly! I was illustrating that what you said wasn't right. You said he's playing smart.

No the hell he's not, he threw a duck into double coverage off his back foot when we were in field goal range. Thats not playing smart.

So not only is playing scared and just throwing the ball out of bounds for 95% of the game, when it comes to where a ball thrown out of bounds would have been just what the Dr. ordered he dosen't do it!

give me a break, how can you defend his play?

So what is injured now? I hope he's hurt, otherwise he's just garbage.

2 games in, and everything he did last season... is forgotten

I believe people said the same things in '04, and after the Giant loss, and the Oakland loss.... and yet

It is amazing how people who know nothing about any situations , on the outside looking in... are always more informed, and better judges of a situation hear them tell it. :laugh:

Yep both the pokes and Vikes are chumps

Ben played the preseason, and practiced all week....

it is just amusing how people can give the other guy a break, and sometime to get it done, but our team is the worst, and so & so can't do anything right, get him out of here :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

You guys are something else he just got back and played a top 5 defense.Its just funny how all of you have excuses for all our players.Get it through your head we are playing bad.Please dont compare our team to the Super Bowl champs.They are not 0-2 and they will have a better record than our team.One more thing they did not lose there home opener.

Roethlisberger NEVER won a game for the Steelers he just didn't make mistakes.

I'd say they are quite similar in that aspect.

All because Big Ben has the rest of the tools and his name is known EVERYWHERE doesn't mean him and Brunell are opposites.

In fact Brunell had a better TD/INT ratio than him last year....

if mb were on the steelers and ben were w/ us what do you think would have happened last year and what would our prospects be this year??

2 games in, and everything he did last season... is forgotten

I believe people said the same things in '04, and after the Giant loss, and the Oakland loss.... and yet

It is amazing how people who know nothing about any situstion , on the outside looking in... are always more informed, and better judges of a situation hear them tell it. :laugh:

All he did last season? You mean play good one game and then play terrible 2 games?

I like how you assume that I think he played well last season and i've forgotten it.

I'll tell you what I haven't forgotten. I haven't forgot what he looked like for 56 minutes vs Dallas last season.

I haven't forgot the Giant game in NY, or the Cardinal game where I think he threw 3 INTS in the end zone, a game we won despite him, thank you Antonio Brown!

I haven't forgot the Charger game, the Raider game, im tired of bringing up games he played terrible in.

And I surely haven't forgotten how bad he looked in both playoff games.

You sir seem to have forgotten those beautiful games.

if mb were on the steelers and ben were w/ us what do you think would have happened last year and what would our prospects be this year??

Honestly, Pittsburgh would have won the Super Bowl.

Their whole team was together, and they had established systems.

Most of the coaches have been there a while, so things are set.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaching/PIT

All he did last season? You mean play good one game and then play terrible 2 games?

I like how you assume that I think he played well last season and i've forgotten it.

I'll tell you what I haven't forgotten. I haven't forgot what he looked like for 56 minutes vs Dallas last season.

I haven't forgot the Giant game in NY, or the Cardinal game where I think he threw 3 INTS in the end zone, a game we won despite him, thank you Antonio Brown!

I haven't forgot the Charger game, the Raider game, im tired of bringing up games he played terrible in.

And I surely haven't forgotten how bad he looked in both playoff games.

You sir seem to have forgotten those beautiful games.

Everything he did - 1 200yard game in the last 12 attempts. I certainly haven't forgotten that we won 5 in a row because the running game and the defense came to life. We learned to win despite Brunell.

Haha exactly! I was illustrating that what you said wasn't right. You said he's playing smart.

No the hell he's not, he threw a duck into double coverage off his back foot when we were in field goal range. Thats not playing smart.

So not only is playing scared and just throwing the ball out of bounds for 95% of the game, when it comes to where a ball thrown out of bounds would have been just what the Dr. ordered he dosen't do it!

give me a break, how can you defend his play?

Did he throw a duck or did Cooley not come back for the ball, that was supposed to be thrown a little short? Apparently you know all the plays,

So you know he was playing scared because????? he is a 14 year veteran.. scared QB's always last in the league that long

Funny Gibbs appaluds him for throwing out of bounds, instead of taking a sack, or throwing an int. But I guess he forgot on the Cooley throw because he was so scared

Give me a break, how can you write anyone off after only two games, despite what he has done just six months ago. And a HOF Coach still believes in him means nothing?

I mean a new offense, new receivers, break down in protection, dropped balls... all of that is his fault too

The season is 16 games long, I bet at the end of the season, things will look a little better than they do after going 0-2

I am not.

I don't know what to think of him at this point, honestly.

But everyone has an excuse to blame Brunell and it is sickening. We need to hope he does well.

I with you on that, hell I was hoping like a SOB that Brunell would look great last night, but you know he didn't.

He is done man, you know it, and I know it sucks because him being done means we are done, but its the truth.

Like I said, he spent that whole damn game throwing the ball in the turf and throwing it out of bounds.

But when we really needed him to pull a Brunell and throw the ball to a cheerleader he freaken throws it up for grabs on the goal line for an INT.

Not only is he playing phyically bad he's playing bad mentally.

Everything he did - 1 200yard game in the last 12 attempts. I certainly haven't forgotten that we won 5 in a row because the running game and the defense came to life. We learned to win despite Brunell.

We won because of our best player CP was on the field.Like you said our running game.I even think our D let us down a little last year.They gave up to many big plays like the Glenn TD last night.

You guys are something else he just got back and played a top 5 defense.Its just funny how all of you have excuses for all our players.Get it through your head we are playing bad.Please dont compare our team to the Super Bowl champs.They are not 0-2 and they will have a better record than our team.One more thing they did not lose there home opener.

get it through your head IT HAS BEEN TWO GAMES, and they are several problems... making wholesale changes now is stupid

but guess what, the coaches no more about what the problems really are and know how to correct them, over reacting, ranting and raving, whining because we lost solves what exactly?

not a damn thing.

Gibbs and staff have been here before, but that's the past it doesn't matter know... even after we went 2-6 last season, in the middle of the year... we were able to right the ship and win 5 straight and a playoff game

if we had done what most people where screaming last season, that would have never happened.

Maybe Brunell is done, but I have enough confidence in Joe Gibbs, to know he will do what's best for the team to win, reguardless what outsiders think... because in the end he is usually right

get it through your head IT HAS BEEN TWO GAMES, and they are several problems... making wholesale changes now is stupid

but guess what, the coaches no more about what the problems really are and know how to correct them, over reacting, ranting and raving, whining because we lost solves what exactly?

not a damn thing.

Gibbs and staff have been here before, but that's the past it doesn't matter know... even after we went 2-6 last season, in the middle of the year... we were able to right the ship and win 5 straight and a playoff game

if we had done what most people where screaming last season, that would have never happened.

Maybe Brunell is done, but I have enough confidence in Joe Gibbs, to know he will do what's best for the team to win, reguardless what outsiders think... because in the end he is usually right

I dont remember saying that Brunell was the only problem.Im pretty sure i said DONT COMPARE OUR TEAM TO THE TWO THAT PLAYED TONIGHT.Simple as that we are not even close to there level of play.It will show when we play the Jags you watch and see.

The whole Brunell thing is like a bad marriage. There needs to be a divorce but people want to remember the times when he was good and tend to forget all the bad times.

Brunell always seems to come through with a good game just at the point where I think he's going to get the hook.

Bubba asked me I had forgotten what Brunell did for us last year. I countered with have you forgotten how bad he played in many of the games?

We were 5-6 at one point the season and that was with a very good defense, Brunell was terrible in many of our games last year, yes he was good in some too.

But lets not talk like what we saw last night we haven't seen before, we've all seen this from Brunell before.

Also, this isn't 2 bad games in a row, this is 4 bad games in a row, and a terrible pre season.

If you wanna tell me he was injured in the playoffs last year fine, but tell me why he looks just as bad now, because last nights game looked just like our 2 playoff games.

Wow Bubba, it's good to see you're feeling better. Yesterday when you admitted to being wrong about Brunell (among other things) I secretly wondered if you'd lost it. I see you've taken a big swig of the Brunell Kool-Aid and returned to form. Glad to see you're feeling better. ;)

Look, this comparison of Brunell vs. the Dallas defense to Rothlesberger vs. the Jags' defense is one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long time. First, the obvious. The Jags' defense is a much better defense than the Pukes (which is itself a good defense) no matter what espn.com rankings say (remember, this is just the 2nd game of the season and the Dallas defense has had the advantage of having gone up against one of the worst offenses in the NFL in half it's games...that would be US by the way).

Secondly is the issue of matchups. Every team in the NFL matches up well or poorly with some other team based on personnel, scheme, injuries, grass/turf etc. Therefore, comparisons of this sort are nothing short of idiocy.

Look, the bottom line is that what we've seen so far against an average and good defense (MN and DAL respectively) shows us that something isn't right with Brunell, whether that be physical, mental, due to the scheme or some other reason. The bottom line is that he's stunk so far and it doesn't look like there's any chance of that changing anytime soon.

However, this useless comparison of things that have nothing to do with one another amounts to little more than whistling past the graveyard to make yourselves feel better. The proof is in the pudding though. If, given the chance, any of you would rather we kept Brunell over Rothlesburger, please sound off right now so we can all know for certain once and for all that you're off your chump.

Archived