Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pittsburgh with less total yards then skins

CurseReversed

um no, on 3 and 4 if you ar egonna dump wide you go 4 yards and get the ball over the outside shoulder so as to not set up a pick oppurtunity. on 3 and 4 the objective is to get a 1st not run upfield with it. if you get run room..... great but the priority is the 1st even if it means catch and step out.

the 4 yards is upfield is it not? not sideways... The point is to make as many yards as poossible, and put the receiver is the best chance to make it happen, throwing bihind him on a screen pass does not do that. Throwing BEHIND the reciever makes that task much more difficult, he has to go sideways, not ahead, and he has to take his focus of down field and then re=adjust to see the tacklers coming. Throwing behind him also can set him up for a blind side hit.

In fact I can't think of any time you would throw the ball behind the receiver on a screen pass.. it is not logical.

you are, see above

beside was there a defender in front of Betts?? umm no

when you run a play, the play is designed a certain way. if it is designed to go to the outside shoulder, you don't throw it inside because you don't see a defender, because the back is looking the other way. i stand by my statement that the throw should have been to the outside shoulder to decrease the chance of an int.

they are agreesive and Big, strong defense, it will be tough

good to see that you're all over the board today. I thought you'd actually given up on the team after reading that thread on Dallas.

Our offense is struggling right now, but I think Houston's a good place to get some momentum started. They're not gonna be pushovers, but they're also not very good.

And yet, even post surgery, Ben Rothlesburger looked MUCH better than Brunell.

How is that possible? I guess the secret is at the center of the tootsiepop that Gibbs keeps in his breast pocket.

Post surgery??? Are you speaking of the appendectomy or motor cycle accident?

Don't forget, Brunell got banged up in the preseason with his groin and before that he had a broken finger.

Don't forget, Brunell got banged up in the preseason with his groin and before that he had a broken finger.

Appendectomy. Or both even - either way Big Ben was much better than Brunell was.

Plus the Jags never played the "We kicked your ass and we know it" Dime Prevent that the Dallas Cowboys did for the last 8 minutes, where 80% of Brunell's and the Skins passing yards came from.

If he's so banged up, then he shouldn't be playng. He has proved time and time again that he cannot play injured

Please show me where I said that.....

not hard to find.

Roethlisberger NEVER won a game for the Steelers he just didn't make mistakes.

I'd say they are quite similar in that aspect.

And why would I have to throw out last year?

because last year doesn't matter. this year does. and brunell is stinking it up. anyone that claims that our line didn't protect him either has their head up their arse or doesn't know football. i mean, on ware's 2nd sack, i couldn't do anything but laugh. i've never seen a qb that utterly refuses to step up inside of the tackles, instead, just trying to get outside and running straight into a sack.

I love me some sarcasm. :laugh:

I am serious. Bubba and Rdskns4Lyf pretty much summed up what I think.

^^^either most sarcastic or worst post ever. take your choice.

Because I do not agree with Major the Great you think that it is the worst post ever? Riiight. :rolleyes:

Challenge the President and you are a 'hippie'.. challenge the Coach and you are "looking out for the team'. Gotta love Supersmart Americans! :applause:

none of the above :D

Correct. :cheers:

Huh? What?

Sorry...I fell asleep in front of the comp. and am just getting up :silly: .

Thanks for keeping it going Bubba :cheers: and the support praisegibbs :cheers: .

No problem brother. People held in the '04 hate of Brunell during the entire '0 season and waited for something to happen to unleash it. Brunell starts off bad and the hate must be released. Nothing new here.. Haters will be haters.. :)

Appendectomy. Or both even - either way Big Ben was much better than Brunell was.

Let's think about this....

Big Ben, last night was:

53.1% 141 yards 0 TD/ 2 INT QB rating 38.7

Brunell on Sunday night was:

54.5% 197 yards 0 TD/ 1 INT QB rating 59.8

So, please show me where Big Ben played "much better than Brunell" ......

I am serious. Bubba and Rdskns4Lyf pretty much summed up what I think.
Because I do not agree with Major the Great you think that it is the worst post ever? Riiight. :rolleyes:

do you not see the irony here? you say bubba and crew owned this thread because they summed up what you think. not all agree with you, and good points were made both ways.

Challenge the President and you are a 'hippie'.. challenge the Coach and you are "looking out for the team'. Gotta love Supersmart Americans! :applause:

show me where i said any of that, and i'll buy you a beer.

No problem brother. People held in the '04 hate of Brunell during the entire '0 season and waited for something to happen to unleash it. Brunell starts off bad and the hate must be released. Nothing new here.. Haters will be haters.. :)

Brunell didn't start off bad, he continued to be bad. What's it been like 10 games in a row now (including pre-season)?

That really isn't clever at all, its a completely different situation.

Roethlisbeger had one bad game, he won the damn super bowl last year. Burnell has had 4 or 5 bad games in a row along with looking terrible in the pre season.

I'd be offended as Qb if anyone compared me to Brunell, this is not the same.

Not clever and not correct.

Agreed. Some of us are really reaching here. I guess when you have no valid point then the only thing you can do is try and make someone feel stupid for their opinion. Funny stuff. :laugh:

not hard to find.

because last year doesn't matter. this year does. and brunell is stinking it up. anyone that claims that our line didn't protect him either has their head up their arse or doesn't know football. i mean, on ware's 2nd sack, i couldn't do anything but laugh. i've never seen a qb that utterly refuses to step up inside of the tackles, instead, just trying to get outside and running straight into a sack.

And if you look at what should be my above post now, you'll see Brunell did better than the Super Bowl champ Big Ben this weekend.

The season is EARLY, and it is not just Brunell.

And if you look at what should be my above post now, you'll see Brunell did better than the Super Bowl champ Big Ben this weekend.

The season is EARLY, and it is not just Brunell.

the super bowl champ, going against a much better D, coming off surgery.

i agree that it's not all brunell. but it seems to me that some people defend him like he hasn't been HORRID.

So, please show me where Big Ben played "much better than Brunell" ......

Well first off interceptions bring ratings way down - throwing balls into the dirt because you stink doesn't do it quite as much. You know the kind of interceptions that QBs throw when they are trying to win the game at the end and the Jags aren't playing the "We kicked your ass and we know it" Dime Prevent that the Dallas Cowboys did for the last 8 minutes, where 80% of Brunell's and the Skins passing yards came from. As you well know - interceptions sometiems can not be the QB's fault, the things MB did (and didn't do for that matter) CANNOT be another players fault.

Did you watch either game? Or are you just reporting stat?

If you can seriously watch that game last night, and Brunell on Sunday and say that Ben didn't play better against a better defense with MUCH LESS TALENT around him and worse blocking and a running game that really was struggling - not just missing an All-Pro - then thats fine.

That just means I have to take your future opinions with a major grain of salt - because I have a hard time understanding you on this one.

do you not see the irony here? you say bubba and crew owned this thread because they summed up what you think. not all agree with you, and good points were made both ways.

show me where i said any of that, and i'll buy you a beer.

That was a statement in general. Not towards you Major.

Challenging Gibbs will make you look foolish. He proves it time and time again. This offense is taking time to learn and people are acting all pissy because of it. Premature crying is not worth it. This is a wait and see process.. let the players learn.

I will still take the beer though. :silly:

Brunell didn't start off bad, he continued to be bad. What's it been like 10 games in a row now (including pre-season)?

Preseason.. Aaron Brooks looked decent in the preseason. QB rating of 90.8.

Now, in the games that count.. you know called the regular season. His QB rating is 58.0

Preseason IS preseason.. that holds no weight.

Well first off interceptions bring ratings way down - throwing balls into the dirt because you stink doesn't do it quite as much. You know the kind of interceptions that QBs through when they are trying to win the game at the end and the Jags aren't playing the "We kicked your ass and we know it" Dime Prevent that the Dallas Cowboys did for the last 8 minutes, where 80% of Brunell's and the Skins passing yards came from

Did you watch either game? Or are you just reporting stat?

If you can seriously watch that game last night, and Brunell on Sunday and say that Ben didn't play better against a better defense with MUCH LESS TALENT around him and worse blocking and a running game that really was struggling - not just missing an All-Pro - then thats fine.

That just means I have to take your future opinions with a major grain of salt - because I have a hard time understanding you on this one.

I watched both.

I honestly don't care what you think of my opinion.

The fact is people here hate Brunell. They will use stats and throw out others to make him look bad. These people are so full of ****, it is unbelievable.

I am not saying Brunell is the best, he is not. But he is the best we have. Apparently he did a damn good job last year, but we are all willing to forget after 2 games.

My point is, it IS 2 GAMES. How bout Jake Delhomme? The Panthers are 0-2, bench him? And Big Ben did not have a good game to start the year for him...bench him? What about Culpepper? Time to go?

That was a statement in general. Not towards you Major.

Challenging Gibbs will make you look foolish. He proves it time and time again. This offense is taking time to learn and people are acting all pissy because of it. Premature crying is not worth it. This is a wait and see process.. let the players learn.

I will still take the beer though. :silly:

Preseason.. Aaron Brooks looked decent in the preseason. QB rating of 90.8.

Now, in the games that count.. you know called the regular season. His QB rating is 58.0

Preseason IS preseason.. that holds no weight.

Preseason holds weight in physical assesment of players. If a player runs slow in the preseason he will run slow in the regular season.

From the physical degradation an ineptitude of Brunell - it is quite fine to assume the preseason was a prediction of the current state of affairs behind center.

Archived