Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pittsburgh with less total yards then skins

CurseReversed

Interesting to see pit only able to muster a total of 167 (26 rushing) yards on MNF against a jax defense that was just outstanding. They had that guy rothlisberger at qb who happend to win a super bowl last year. Yes we had brunell on sun night when we stunk up the joint but I think we should take some notes from this game.

First of all, it doesent matter how good your offensive line is if there matched up against a superior D line they WILL get pressure.

Second, playing against a top tier defense that is firing on all cylinders is going to be tough on ANY offensive unit no matter their personnel.

I do think that brunell was garbage and might be on the way out, but I also would like to give the dallas defense at least half the credit for our horrible performance.

I do still have faith in our O-line and our o. cord.

IMO Brunnell gets one more game if he doesnt light it up hes gone.

heres to a big win next week :cheers:

Umm The Jacksonville D and Dallas D are two totally different animals. Kind of like comparing a lion to a ****cat if you know what I mean.;) If we were playing Jackonsville on the road and had the kind of performance we had last night then I would probably give Brunell a pass but Dallas. Nope

I guess the Steelers are going 1-15....

Sad, they should bench Roethlisberger for someone with less experience...

Maybe Cowher should have retired in his prime...

That really isn't clever at all, its a completely different situation.

Roethlisbeger had one bad game, he won the damn super bowl last year. Burnell has had 4 or 5 bad games in a row along with looking terrible in the pre season.

I'd be offended as Qb if anyone compared me to Brunell, this is not the same.

Not clever and not correct.

Folks, we have to play the Jags in a few weeks...and after seeing how they manhandled the Steelers tonight, I'm not too confident we're gonna beat them, either... :(

Defenses get fired up with their crowd behind them...the Jags won't have that when we play them.

And lets not forget...the Jags offense didn't exactly light it up.

Roethlisbeger had one bad game, he won the damn super bowl last year. Burnell has had 4 or 5 bad games in a row along with looking terrible in the playoffs.

Roethlisberger NEVER won a game for the Steelers he just didn't make mistakes.

I'd say they are quite similar in that aspect.

All because Big Ben has the rest of the tools and his name is known EVERYWHERE doesn't mean him and Brunell are opposites.

In fact Brunell had a better TD/INT ratio than him last year....

I guess the Steelers are going 1-15....

Sad, they should bench Roethlisberger for someone with less experience...

Maybe Cowher should have retired in his prime...

Is Brunell still recovering from a motor cycle accident and from a surgery that caused him not to play the week before?

Seriously, I hope loosended up properly before you decided to stretch for this comparison.

Is Brunell still recovering from a motor cycle accident and from a surgery that caused him not to play the week before?

Seriously, I hope loosended up properly before you decided to stretch for this comparison.

What do those things have to do with what I said about Roethlisberger just playing smart last year, like Brunell does with us?

Roethlisbeger had one bad game, he won the damn super bowl last year. Burnell has had 4 or 5 bad games in a row along with looking terrible in the playoffs.

totally Different

Brunell had better numbers than Big Ben last season #14 overall to Bens #21 ranking, and 6 more TD passes. and only 1 more Int.

Both made it to the playoffs as the #6 seed, but Pittsburg was the AFC

Brunell had two bad games due to injury, but still won them, Ben wasn't injured

and both went 0-4 in the preseason, and looked bad....

totally different scenarios

You guys are funny did you see the Jags against the Cowboys last week.They played pretty good against the Cowboys and won.We played the Cowboys and got are a** kicked.So dont even talk s*** about Pittsburgh they will have alot better record than the Skins.The Jags are a good team we will see that in a few weeks.Also throw in the fact it was Bens first game back.I think thats pretty important.

What do those things have to do with what I said about Roethlisberger just playing smart last year, like Brunell does with us?

I think you confuse playing smart with not really playing at all.

Just because Brunell throws the ball in the turf and out of bounds on every other throw dosent mean he is playing well because he's not throwing INTs.

If you forgot already, the score was 17-10, we had the ball on the 20 and Brunell threw and INT to effectively end the game.

You still have to produce alittle offense, playing it smart involves scoring every once in a while.

totally Different

Brunell had better numbers than Big Ben last season #14 overall to Bens #21 ranking, and 6 more TD passes. and only 1 more Int.

Both made it to the playoffs as the #6 seed, but Pittsburg was the AFC

Brunell had two bad games due to injury, but still won them, Ben wasn't injured

and both went 0-4 in the preseason, and looked bad....

totally different scenarios

:2cents:

you mean coming back from an injury like Brunell did last season at Philly & Tampa???

Archived