Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If it came to this........who would you want to stay?

desertfox59

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

**** portis... they are tons of backs that can fit here in washington and get 1500 with saunders and gibbs

really? tons of backs that can get 1500? really? didnt portis just do that in washington for the first time in what....80....90 years? hence team rushing record at 1516?

this whole thing with gibbs and portis is getting old already. we need to quit worrying about this BS and start worrying about winning some games... esp this week!!

Let me ask you a question, if you vote Portis. Do you think Clinton Portis would have brought in Al Saunders or Gregg Williams? You think they came to D.C. because of Clinton Portis?

Yeah. No, no they didn't.

Think about how our coaching staff staff would answer this question.

"Hey, Gregg, you want Gibbs or Portis?"

"Hey, Saunders, you want Gibbs or Portis?"

We're talking about Joe ****ing Gibbs here, wake up people.

Seriously. Some people just dont get it. Like the thread starter.

Worst poll evar, I refuse to vote.

Maybe you should have refused to respond also.

Why is it so far fetched that there might be a rift between the HOF head coach and star running back? If you're going to take the time to comment, at least show some intellect, if any exists, and tell us why it's impossible for this scenario to take place. Especially on the heels of the LaVar debacle last year.

Hail,

H

Why is it so far fetched that there might be a rift between the HOF head coach and star running back? If you're going to take the time to comment, at least show some intellect, if any exists, and tell us why it's impossible for this scenario to take place. Especially on the heels of the LaVar debacle last year.

Hail,

H

I agree. how about people who feel the need to respond do so with some intellect. It'd be a welcome change around some of these threads.

For those who need to hear it again...I'm a huge fan....I love Portis on the Field....I don't love some of the crap he pulls off the field....I've been a Skins fan since 1981....Read my other posts if you need proof...lets debate rationally. Shall we?

:helmet:

I agree. how about people who feel the need to respond do so with some intellect.

Of course you feel this way.

How about starting a thread that requires an intellectual response and see what happens?

Just because you don't like the response doesn't mean that it's not warranted. Your question was obviously deemed rediculous by a majority of those who even bothered to respond. Accept it and move on instead of trying to convict those who disagree with the validity of your idea by labeling them as somehow inadequate responders.

this is the most farfetched thread i've ever read... next poll might as well be who would you rather dan snyder sell the team to? tom cruise or the tony kornheiser?

as for the people who voted portis... I'm going to assume it was somehow in protest to the question being asked

Hail,

H

So, insulting my intellect is a valid way to debate a question? Nice way to start out there :rolleyes:

At this point in time, the idea of this thread is ridiculous. Comparing the situation to LaVar isn't fair, as they are not even NEAR the same situation.

Portis is a baller, plain and simple. He want to PLAY. Period. His quotes were that he still expects to go to Dallas and be an option. He didn't say he's expecting the bulk of the carriers, didn't say he "didn't know what he needs to do to get on the field" ala 2005 LaVar.

Gibbs said he probably won't play because he didn't pratice, he didn't say "Clinton knows what he needs to do to get on the field" again ala 2005 LaVar.

This situation has been brought about by an INJURY! NOT a discipline problem. There is a huge difference here. And please don't bring up the 04 injury for LaVar, THAT wasn't the problem in the 05 season as much as LaVar himself was.

When Portis starts being inactive for games and starts coming on radio stations ****ing about the coaching, then you can compare the situations. When Portis is benched when he has praticed all week, start comparing. When Protis takes snaps with the second team, start comparing.

NOTHING we have seen thus far indicates anything other than

A.) Gibbs & Co are throwing a smoke screen.

B.) Gibbs & Coaching staff arn't the best at letting players know specifics before the media.

Since Portis came here, there has been ONE time I've been "concerned" by his comments in the media, and that was RIGHT after his injury, where I beleive he was speaking more on anger of being injuried than anything else.

Well I think that we have seen before that having the best players won't make you win if you don't have good coaching....

Those that chose Portis over Gibbs need to take a look again at the Steve Stupider era...

Anyone who chooses Portis over Gibbs (not on who is right or wrong in this particular case but who we should keep if there was some sort of rift as is suggested in the first post) if just plain nuts...

Some of you want to take the whole Lavar thing and sat that this is the same thing.... Its not... Lavar first off was on Defense, and Defense was run by Gregg Williams. The reason that Lavar didn't play was that he didn't put forth full effort in practice because he didn't think he had too, he constantly missed his assignments in games, and he just wasn't where he should have been physically...

The Portis situation is different in that there is a true injury situation going on here and I think both people are really trying to do what they both think is best for the team and not what is best for themselves personally... When there are dissagreements that at the root are both ppl wanting to do what is best for the team then I dont see that as all that bad of a thing

So, insulting my intellect is a valid way to debate a question? Nice way to start out there :rolleyes:

At this point in time, the idea of this thread is ridiculous. Comparing the situation to LaVar isn't fair, as they are not even NEAR the same situation.

Portis is a baller, plain and simple. He want to PLAY. Period. His quotes were that he still expects to go to Dallas and be an option. He didn't say he's expecting the bulk of the carriers, didn't say he "didn't know what he needs to do to get on the field" ala 2005 LaVar.

Gibbs said he probably won't play because he didn't pratice, he didn't say "Clinton knows what he needs to do to get on the field" again ala 2005 LaVar.

This situation has been brought about by an INJURY! NOT a discipline problem. There is a huge difference here. And please don't bring up the 04 injury for LaVar, THAT wasn't the problem in the 05 season as much as LaVar himself was.

When Portis starts being inactive for games and starts coming on radio stations ****ing about the coaching, then you can compare the situations. When Portis is benched when he has praticed all week, start comparing. When Protis takes snaps with the second team, start comparing.

NOTHING we have seen thus far indicates anything other than

A.) Gibbs & Co are throwing a smoke screen.

B.) Gibbs & Coaching staff arn't the best at letting players know specifics before the media.

Since Portis came here, there has been ONE time I've been "concerned" by his comments in the media, and that was RIGHT after his injury, where I beleive he was speaking more on anger of being injuried than anything else.

Allow me to apologize for insulting your intellect, but you didn't give me anything to debate with your original response. That however, is a great response! I think that's really all the thread starter was trying to do.

LaVar's situation probably started with his crying that the Redskins screwed him out of 6 mil, but then it worsened when he got injured. He tried to come back too early, then claimed it was the Redskins who forced him to come back too early. It was one big fiasco that, to me, has a similar look to what we are seeing right now with Portis.

I hope all is well, but I really hate seeing the Redskins come across as dysfunctional.

Hail,

H

Of course you feel this way.

How about starting a thread that requires an intellectual response and see what happens?

Just because you don't like the response doesn't mean that it's not warranted. Your question was obviously deemed rediculous by a majority of those who even bothered to respond. Accept it and move on instead of trying to convict those who disagree with the validity of your idea by labeling them as somehow inadequate responders.

:owned:

:notworthy :notworthy :applause: :applause: :applause:

I am getting so sick of these STUPID threads, and I will respond with my opinion:

YOU ARE WORSE THAN THE ****ING MEDIA.

Every thread that I see by certain people is meant to instigate issues and get people riled up.

What the **** is the point?

Allow me to apologize for insulting your intellect, but you didn't give me anything to debate with your original response. That however, is a great response! I think that's really all the thread starter was trying to do.

LaVar's situation probably started with his crying that the Redskins screwed him out of 6 mil, but then it worsened when he got injured. He tried to come back too early, then claimed it was the Redskins who forced him to come back too early. It was one big fiasco that, to me, has a similar look to what we are seeing right now with Portis.

I hope all is well, but I really hate seeing the Redskins come across as dysfunctional.

Hail,

H

That's alright, the thread just irked me to begin with. The idea to speculate on really bad things with little to no reason going on within the team upsets me, and, I, like Clinton, speak on emotion.

I'll agree in that I think Clinton is trying to come back too early, but at the same time, I feel our run game dissapears without him, esp AT Dallas. Betts is a very capable backup, but not a starter, I just hope TJ Duckett can do what we brought him here to do.

It would seem that there are some communication problems at Redskins Park, and I would like them to either figure them out, or if the case is not communication, stop screwing with us and the media/opponents and just let us know who is playing.

:dallasuck

Archived