Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Relax folks....think of '03 Patriots.....

Rypien1191

The 2003 Patriots lost their opening weekend 31-0 to the Bills. They then proceeded to win 11 straight and finish the season 14-2 and go on to win the Super Bowl.

Just like the Pats, we have the talent and the coaching staff to make the necessary changes to right the ship.

There are 15 weeks left and Gibbs' teams are notorious for starting slow. We know that the coaches will spend hours looking at game film and preparing as much as possible for each game. Its certainly possible we can fixed what needs to be fixed and still get double digit wins this year.

If we don't, then we just weren't good enough in the first place, and all the offseason hype and acquisitions got to our head again and carried us away; and we as Skins fans will have to live with that.

Let's wait another week or two to see how our team responds. I'm confident in the character and the quality of our coaching staff and talent. This is the same team, with additions, that finished last season so strong.

I was listening to the post game show with Brain Mitchell and he actually said something that made sense. This team needs to create its own identity. Enough of the 91 super bowl team talk, enough of well 0-4 preason means superbowl. This teams need to go out on sundays and play 2006 REDSKINS FOOTBALL thats all I want to see.

Guest sith lord
The 2003 Patriots lost their opening weekend 31-0 to the Bills. They then proceeded to win 11 straight and finish the season 14-2 and go on to win the Super Bowl.

Just like the Pats, we have the talent and the coaching staff to make the necessary changes to right the ship.

There are 15 weeks left and Gibbs' teams are notorious for starting slow. We know that the coaches will spend hours looking at game film and preparing as much as possible for each game. Its certainly possible we can fixed what needs to be fixed and still get double digit wins this year.

If we don't, then we just weren't good enough in the first place, and all the offseason hype and acquisitions got to our head again and carried us away; and we as Skins fans will have to live with that.

Let's wait another week or two to see how our team responds. I'm confident in the character and the quality of our coaching staff and talent. This is the same team, with additions, that finished last season so strong.

Enough of this. We're not the 03 Patriots or last years Steelers. We're the 06 Redskins and we looked bad last night.

Yea we were way to conservative yesterday. With like 30 secs left, Gibbs decided to try the game tying fg from 47. Why not qb sneak, pick up the 4th and 1, and then spike the ball so we could at least get John "Sucks" Hall closer in his range, or try to score. That pissed me off. I have no convidence in hall and he is the reason we lost. If we got it in OT, we would have won. Brunell was ripping apart their secondary.

I was waiting for someone to come with this.

We are NOT, repeat NOT, the Patriots. That team has a winning mentality. They get the job done. They respond when challenged.

It'll be apparent how little resemblance we bear to the Patriots after Dallas hands us our collective arses this weekend.

Guest sith lord
Yea we were way to conservative yesterday. With like 30 secs left, Gibbs decided to try the game tying fg from 47. Why not qb sneak, pick up the 4th and 1, and then spike the ball so we could at least get John "Sucks" Hall closer in his range, or try to score. That pissed me off. I have no convidence in hall and he is the reason we lost. If we got it in OT, we would have won. Brunell was ripping apart their secondary.

I'm not a fan of Halls, but he is not the reason we lost. Like YOU said, we should have got closer.

Please, Please, Please, I am BEGGING you... DO NOT EVER COMPARE THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS TO THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS IN ANY FORM AGAIN!!!!!!

Unfortunately, last night the Redskins DID remind me of the '03 Patriots. The 'Skins played a bend but don't break defense. They played a "don't lose" offense. The put way too much pressure on their special teams to make plays. That's essentially the exact formula that the Patriots have been using for the last half decade. It's also a formula that disgusts me beyond anything you could ever imagine.

The way the Patriots have "won" their three "championships" in the last five years is abhorant so far as I'm concerned. If that's really what we're trying to do, then I seriously hope we LOSE every game. It's not just about Winning or losing, it's about WINNING the RIGHT WAY. That's not something we appeared to be interested in last night.

I wasn't comparing us with the Pats and saying we are the same team.

I am saying, regardless of how bleak things looked after last night, teams who have accomplished the world during a whole season have had even worse starts than us.

Brunell is not Brady. But Gibbs, I believe, is on par with Belichick... and I believe we have enough talent, and we have REDSKINS.... character players and coaches who WANT to get better and win. We lost as a team last night, no unit was great, no unit was horrible (other than maybe Hall).

If you are willing to give up on the team after one subpar performance, can you really call yourself a fan?

Agree. Brian Mitchell is turning into one of the best, no-nonsense commentators on the Skins. Given his play and attitude on the field, why am I not surprised?

This comparison is absurd: Tom Brady, Mark Brunell--need I say more? The poster above had it right--we need to estab. an identity on offense and defense, right now we do not have one.

Guest sith lord
I wasn't comparing us with the Pats and saying we are the same team.

I am saying, regardless of how bleak things looked after last night, teams who have accomplished the world during a whole season have had even worse starts than us.

Brunell is not Brady. But Gibbs, I believe, is on par with Belichick... and I believe we have enough talent, and we have REDSKINS.... character players and coaches who WANT to get better and win. We lost as a team last night, no unit was great, no unit was horrible (other than maybe Hall).

If you are willing to give up on the team after one subpar performance, can you really call yourself a fan?

The reason why fans are so up and arms is because we see this every year. Big offseason moves, tons of hype, but we never seem to get any better.

Enough of this. We're not the 03 Patriots or last years Steelers. We're the 06 Redskins and we looked bad last night.

I was looking for anything to justify last nights loss, and one of them was the beating the Pats took against Buffalo. But, we are not the Patriots, that team had already won a super bowl and was a proven team. The skins obiviously are not.

Good sign of optimism, but I don't think we are the 03 Pats

Dude, thanks...that was like a shot in the arm. :cheers: The loss obviously sucked, buy I REFUSE to join the chicken little "THE SKY IS FALLING" crowd. I agree with you that we definately have the talent and coaching to get this turned around. I had forgotten how badly the Pats got spanked in that game, thanks for the reminder. :point2sky

Well said! I watched that season closely and remember it well.

CarrollsMine99.

enough said :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

We don't? I could have sworn the Redskins looked pretty damned good last year...it is entirely too early to panic. When, NOT if, this team starts winning, I am curious to see what tune these Chicken Littles play.

I have faith that our coaching staff will right the ship - THIS IS NOT SPURRIER WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!

We don't? I could have sworn the Redskins looked pretty damned good last year...it is entirely too early to panic. When, NOT if, this team starts winning, I am curious to see what tune these Chicken Littles play.

I have faith that our coaching staff will right the ship - THIS IS NOT SPURRIER WE ARE TALKING ABOUT![/QUOT]

Great point, I was thinking the same thing myself. How can anyone be a true fan of the Skins and not see that we have made steady improvement each year under coach Gibbs. The free agents JG has signed since he came back are now the strong nucleous of this team right now, unlike the revolving door we used to have. I don't want to know what this team would look like if he hadn't brought in Portis, Springs, Washington, Moss, and Brunell just to name a few. This team has a lot of talent, it will be sweet when it all gets rolling.

Archived