Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Stop [in the name of Rationality] (Merged)

extremeskin

Your opinion  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion

• Blowout...we win
    • Win close one
    • Loss
    • John Hall blows another?

i am tired of everybody talking about how we suck! its one game!!!! did anybody go undefeated last year??? have faith, we will beat dallas next week and our offense will start to get into a groove. i am still predicting 11 wins and a division title. and please stop bashing brunell...next week when portis gets over 20 carries and 100+ yards and we get the win everybody will be happy with his play. i'm pretty sure JOE GIBBS knows what qb gives this team the best chance to win. so please..please have faith in OUR Skins...they are going to have a great season!!!:logo:

i am tired of everybody talking about how we suck! its one game!!!! did anybody go undefeated last year??? have faith, we will beat dallas next week and our offense will start to get into a groove. i am still predicting 11 wins and a division title. and please stop bashing brunell...next week when portis gets over 20 carries and 100+ yards and we get the win everybody will be happy with his play. i'm pretty sure JOE GIBBS knows what qb gives this team the best chance to win. so please..please have faith in OUR Skins...they are going to have a great season!!!:logo:

I agree 100%

Its one game...I know it sucks to lose the first game, but damn half the league lost this weekend...Things will click as we go...Chalk tonight up as getting a feel for the new offense and just getting a feel for game time...Everyone has a little rust...

Im not worried about this week now.Im worried about going 0-2.Thats not a good start to the year.

I think one of the problems for the negative comments is due to the high expectations from fans (as well as the players and coaches). And so far, it's been a let down and lots of excuses...oh it's just pre-season, or it's just this or it's just that.

If the Skins get blown out next week, will you join the masses or will you say, "oh well, it's just the second game of the season...they will get it right next game?" What is your limit? Everyone has a limit. For most, especially after the dismal preseason showing, this was the game to put all those doubts to rest. The only thing this game confirmed was that the pre-season was very real.

The Truths hurts. I know. I got to hear the same thing Wednesday. The more I hear it the more I believe it.

Guest sith lord
I think one of the problems for the negative comments is due to the high expectations from fans (as well as the players and coaches). And so far, it's been a let down and lots of excuses...oh it's just pre-season, or it's just this or it's just that.

If the Skins get blown out next week, will you join the masses or will you say, "oh well, it's just the second game of the season...they will get it right next game?" What is your limit? Everyone has a limit. For most, especially after the dismal preseason showing, this was the game to put all those doubts to rest. The only thing this game confirmed was that the pre-season was very real.

I 100% agree. I'm tired of the excuses.

Its just disappointing when a first year head coach...coaching a team with inferior talent then us at every position except perhaps DL, beats us at our house and shows more improvement from 2005 to 2006.

They looked a lot like the Vikes that ran away with 6 consecutive wins last year.

True, but most of those wins were against cake teams with the exception of the Giants...they folded when they had to play Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Personnel wise I don't see how they improved that much from last year...but it seems like they have a different attitude as a team. I'll give Childress credit for that.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but our offense looked better then our defense tonight...and that's a shocker.

True, but most of those wins were against cake teams with the exception of the Giants...they folded when they had to play Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Personnel wise I don't see how they improved that much from last year...but it seems like they have a different attitude as a team. I'll give Childress credit for that.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but our offense looked better then our defense tonight...and that's a shocker.

Correct. Our defense did look alright on 1st and 2nd down but, when it came to 3rd, we could not stop them. It was frustrating to watch but, it is what it is. All we can do is trust the coaches and see what kind of adjustments that they put forth for the Dallas game.

Correct. Our defense did look alright on 1st and 2nd down but, when it came to 3rd, we could not stop them. It was frustrating to watch but, it is what it is. All we can do is trust the coaches and see what kind of adjustments that they put forth for the Dallas game.

It sort of reminded me of the Seattle game last year (first one where we won)...when Seattle would consistently get us in 3rd and long situations, and Brunell had an unreal 3rd down conversion percentage.

Johnson had the same kind of game for Minnesota tonight.

I thought for a long time, we were sleeping on the Vikes.. Maybe the Redskins were taking a nap as well... We'll bounce back.

I think the turning point was the end of the first half. We had first and goal at the 6, but couldn't get into the end zone and had to settle for 3. Then Minnesota hits a long field goal over 50 yards to end the half.

Rather then it being 17-6...it was 13-9 at the half, and we lost the momentum we were building in the 2nd quarter.

It sort of reminded me of the Seattle game last year (first one where we won)...when Seattle would consistently get us in 3rd and long situations, and Brunell had an unreal 3rd down conversion percentage.

Johnson had the same kind of game for Minnesota tonight.

So, you are saying that we go to the SuperBowl and lose? :silly:

Well, I will glady take that! :cheers:

With all the neagative threads let's make this one positive. Let me count the ways.

All the Holdman haters SHUT UP! The guy was all over the ball tonight and made more tackles in one game then I think he made all last season.

The vikes only moved the ball on pass plays, two of the DB's have never started a game for us and are only there to replace/supplement Springs. Rogers played well and seems to be evolving into a decent DB. Let's not forget that Williamson was open alot, he's also arguably one of the fastest receivers in the NFL, who can't catch. The guy needs a new helmet, it was in his eyes half the night.

Carter didn't look too impressive but look at Evans and Golston. They played killer ball. If teams start accounting for them it will free up Carter.

AA and ST will destroy the NFL when they gel. I think it'll be sooner than later.

I like all the movement on offense. Brunell needs to take more shot's downfield to get some defenders out of the box. It'll come, it'll come.

Minn. has a solid defense. I never watched them play last season and didn't realize just how much talent they have on D. Our offense still played decent, not great but decent against this defense. Rest assured our coaches will adjust and come out swinging against Dallas. Don't rule out the possibility that the play calling might have been a little conservative to not give Dallas an edge against us next week.

We may have lost but we didn't stink it up the way we have in the past. This team had more good than bad IMO. There are definitely some things for us to work on but we have the personnel and coaches to fix the problems.

I hate to be Mr. Negative here but I think you guys are giving the Vikings way too much credit and not realizing how bad we were tonight (hopefully not for the duration of the season.)

Have you seen our scheduel? The Vikings at home was one of the easier games, a game we should have won. With our division we couldn't afford to lose a game at home to a team that is in what is known to be the worst division in football.

The Vikings are'nt very good and they came into our place and beat us. The Vikings #1 reciever, is most other teams #2 and he burned us numerous times, heck if the guy could catch the game wouldn't have come down to a FG attempt.

Brad Johnson is the right handed version of Mark Brunell, he can't move, dosent have a strong arm, won't win you a game but won't lose it either. So lets not pretend like the Vikings had some Carson Palmer stud that just threw the ball up and down the field on us.

As far as play calling, the Vikings basically ran the ball up the gut on 1st and 2nd down, were in 3rd and 8 or longer over 10 times and we just couldn't stop them. It wasn't their amazing play or exotic play calling, we just got no pressure on a QB that can't move and that lead to guys getting open or they just ran by our corners.

We got beat at home by a team with just as old and unspectacular of a QB as us, a team that ran just as boring and unagressive plays as we did, and a team that frankly dosen't even belong on the same field as us when it comes to talent.

The way I look at it we should have won this game and the only way to make up for it is to win a game on the road against a quality team. Lucky for us that happens next week.

Other teams that have lost their first game:

1. Miami

2. Denver

3. Dallas

4. New York

5. Carolina

6. Tampa Bay

There are others, but these are the team that are expected to do well this season. Some commentators have a few of the names listed above playing in the Superbowl.

So, we lost our first game of the season? Big deal! The season is not over with.

Ermmm okay the Vikes aren't that good based on what exactly ...have you seen the players on that O Line and Brad johnson isn't spectacular but he will never loose the game for you ...unless you know he is B&G.

The positives

D dominated rushing 4 for alot of the game except the begining and end. The rookie impressed as did Evans

O showed some fire and alot of people were getting involved the plays I really liked were the first O play of the game the WR screen to Moss and late in the game the slant to Randell El .

Some real smart play on the O - the last drive the Offence did exactly what they needed to give a good chance at the kick.

0 Sacks, 0 Interceptions, 0 turnovers

I see the team taking a few weeks to get going but if they can get things clicking watch out

Archived