Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Stop [in the name of Rationality] (Merged)

extremeskin

Your opinion  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion

• Blowout...we win
    • Win close one
    • Loss
    • John Hall blows another?

Johnson had the same kind of game for Minnesota tonight.

As much as joet & co. were verbally making out with Brad and the Vikes OL, they were that good. Anytime you can go 9/17 on 3rd down conversions in someone else's stadium, that's impressive. I'm not a skins fan, but to me it just looked like Brad outplayed the skins D, plain and simple. He did the same to us (eagles) in the Champ. game the year the bucs won the sb. He has a "weak" arm, isn't a runner, but he is excellent at anticipating receiver's routes and avoiding pressure. I was freaking impressed.

I mean that left handed throw? Ridiculous.

With all the neagative threads let's make this one positive. Let me count the ways.

All the Holdman haters SHUT UP! The guy was all over the ball tonight and made more tackles in one game then I think he made all last season.

The vikes only moved the ball on pass plays, two of the DB's have never started a game for us and are only there to replace/supplement Springs. Rogers played well and seems to be evolving into a decent DB. Let's not forget that Williamson was open alot, he's also arguably one of the fastest receivers in the NFL, who can't catch. The guy needs a new helmet, it was in his eyes half the night.

Carter didn't look too impressive but look at Evans and Golston. They played killer ball. If teams start accounting for them it will free up Carter.

AA and ST will destroy the NFL when they gel. I think it'll be sooner than later.

I like all the movement on offense. Brunell needs to take more shot's downfield to get some defenders out of the box. It'll come, it'll come.

Minn. has a solid defense. I never watched them play last season and didn't realize just how much talent they have on D. Our offense still played decent, not great but decent against this defense. Rest assured our coaches will adjust and come out swinging against Dallas. Don't rule out the possibility that the play calling might have been a little conservative to not give Dallas an edge against us next week.

We may have lost but we didn't stink it up the way we have in the past. This team had more good than bad IMO. There are definitely some things for us to work on but we have the personnel and coaches to fix the problems.

I agree, not bad for a new offense and the defense personnel changes:applause:

I found myself disappointed, but not as devastated as I normally would be after such a loss. Why? Because it was clear that the offense is learning a new scheme. It was clear that the preseason was nothing when it comes to offense. Portis didn't play the entire game. The defense gave up some big plays, but more than that, there were two critical penalties against the defense at the end that really hurt us. Perhaps ST has a reputation and they're going to watch him as I think the Vikings could have had a similar personal foul on our drive.

The offense, in my opinion, did look better than the defense. I never took the Vikings lightly. As someone said on ESPN last night during the halftime of the Oakland game, Childress was the only new coach that inherited a WINNING team. I'm not making excuses. I wish we had won. One or two plays, or non-penalties, and the game could have gone our way.

But it didn't. It's one game. So now we know we won't go 16-0 for the regular season. Who needs that kind of pressure anyway? ;)

I wont STOP worrying until I see the D actually stop someone on 3rd down.

If Minnesota's pass offense killed us then what will a GOOD pass offense like Dallas' do?

Its not armageddon to say the least. But its VERY scary to see the "backbone" of this team crumble (THE DEFENSE)....thats whats scary. If we had lost and the reason would have been due to the offense doing nil and INT's galore and tons of sacks then I wouldnt be that worried cuz the offense will take time.

But the D failing makes me worry...considering that was ZERO of what i was worried about leading up to the season.

THats right....you read me correctly. Honestly I dont beleive we have to start fast. Yes we have to pick up the Houston game and hopefully the Dallas game. But we need to realize that probably around the week 5 mark we will be playing better because a)Portis will be fully involved b)Spring will be back c)Offense will begin to gel. As far as I'm concerned, if we can become the team we are supposed to be by then then it wont matter what "tough stretch" we have because we can beat any team in the league. Cheer up y'all everything will be alright :D

Yeah, yeah. Head in sand. Everybody please stop telling the truth, right?

Well, talk to use after next week. How many points do you think TO and Co are going to put up against our secondary?

30...minimum.

If we put pressure straight up the middle like the Jags did then we can rattle Bledsoe. If we trot our scheme from last night out there.....its gonna be bad news.

I hope we can get things together by this Sunday....I'll go with 30-10 Cowboys. I just dont think we're clicking on either side of the ball right now.

I think we can survive some early season bumps in the road like last night. With all of the changes to the personnel and the offensive scheme, I figured we'd only get better as the season goes on and we start to gel. I keep thinking back to the fact that we had so many heartbreaking games last year (TB, Oak, SD, etc...) and we still took 10 games, and we're a better team this year than we were last year, so I think we'll recover nicely.

I'm a little disappointed, but I'm not going to write the season off just yet, lol. The D could have played alot better, especially on 3rd down. The offense looked pretty good as far as moving the ball, we should have down way better in the redzone. We left a couple of towndowns on the field. I guess with all the hype and it being Monday night at home, the loss stings a little bit more.

This is a team that laid down and gave up before the game began. It is not one game. This team has no character. It is a team of overpaid losers.

Just because they loss, doesnt mean that they gave up. I saw a team that fought hard, but was unable to get out their own way.

Very rusty. I have confidence that we will get it together.

I see what you're saying and I agree with you somewhat, but if we couldn't get up for that game, with that atmosphere and what that night meant to the city and to the fans then I have to question our toughness. I really thought that we would win decisively. I even voiced that opinion to co-workers and friends. I am usually very low key about that kind of talk in fear of it biting me in the ass. I just felt that we would respond similiar to how the Giants responded against us last year when their owner passed away. It is not the end of the world. If we beat Dallas then this all goes away.

:dallasuck

I hate to be Mr. Negative here but I think you guys are giving the Vikings way too much credit and not realizing how bad we were tonight (hopefully not for the duration of the season.)

Have you seen our scheduel? The Vikings at home was one of the easier games, a game we should have won. With our division we couldn't afford to lose a game at home to a team that is in what is known to be the worst division in football.

The Vikings are'nt very good and they came into our place and beat us. The Vikings #1 reciever, is most other teams #2 and he burned us numerous times, heck if the guy could catch the game wouldn't have come down to a FG attempt.

Brad Johnson is the right handed version of Mark Brunell, he can't move, dosent have a strong arm, won't win you a game but won't lose it either. So lets not pretend like the Vikings had some Carson Palmer stud that just threw the ball up and down the field on us.

As far as play calling, the Vikings basically ran the ball up the gut on 1st and 2nd down, were in 3rd and 8 or longer over 10 times and we just couldn't stop them. It wasn't their amazing play or exotic play calling, we just got no pressure on a QB that can't move and that lead to guys getting open or they just ran by our corners.

We got beat at home by a team with just as old and unspectacular of a QB as us, a team that ran just as boring and unagressive plays as we did, and a team that frankly dosen't even belong on the same field as us when it comes to talent.

The way I look at it we should have won this game and the only way to make up for it is to win a game on the road against a quality team. Lucky for us that happens next week.

Great post. At the beginning of the season every fan looks at the schedule and points to the games that we "should" win. This was one of them, one that we could not afford to lose. Yes the Pokes lost their first game, but they lost to the Jags in Jacksonviile. The Giant lost also, but they lost to the Colts. We still have to play both of these very good teams. We need to win every game that we should win plus over half of the tougher games to get in the playoffs. Our schedule is brutal. This loss hurts big time.

Just my :2cents:

The NFL is about as predictable as a Hurricane....that's what makes it so great!

Did anyone think that Denver would only score 10 points and lose to St. Louis??

Did anyone think Tampa Bay would be SHUT OUT at home?

Come on ya'll it's one game. It's a wake up call to the B&G that we have alot of issues to cover. We were 5-6 last year before we made THE RUN to get into the playoffs. It's our own fault that we talk so much about MIAMI and the SUPER BOWL. I was just as mad as the rest of you guys about last nights game but let's put this into perspective. This is a WHOLE NEW OFFENSE WITH BRAND NEW PLAYERS.....it's going to take time for all of this to jell. Look at what we did w/o Duckett and pretty much Cooley and LLoyd and we still lost by 3 points and we had an opportunity to tie it at the end.

Santana looked in Mid-Season form.

ARE was off the hook.

Portis looked good from the carries that he got.

Brunell was efficient (you can't expect Tom Brady out of a 36 year old man).

No Turnovers

No Sacks

The D and Special Teams are a concern but the Vikings get paid too. You had Brad Johnson who still has an axe to grind on Dan Synder (evidence by him wearing his old Redskins Jersey on the way to the Bus....Their O-Line and D-Line are just SICK!) but I predict that we will see them again in the playoffs and it's going to be a different story.

WE WILL DO THIS!!!

HAIL!

Brad Johnson looked sharp to me. I'll take a QB who completes over 60%, and is a good leader. I'm amazed at how little credit he gets sometimes. Plus, his WR's are below average in comparison to others.

Did you see the money throw that went right through Williamson's arms?

What the Redskins failed to do was get him out of his comfort zone. He, along with any NFL QB worth his salt, will tear you up if you give him time, and will pick zones apart. Failure to get Minn off the field on 3rd downs killed them last night.

Good to know that a lot of us aren't ready to jump ship although I'm sure some already did during the preseason.

Not everything is going to go our way but I am more than confident that we'll be in the hunt this year and that come Sunday Dallas is in for it.:dallasuck

Archived