Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Stop [in the name of Rationality] (Merged)

extremeskin

Your opinion  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion

• Blowout...we win
    • Win close one
    • Loss
    • John Hall blows another?

30...minimum.

If we put pressure straight up the middle like the Jags did then we can rattle Bledsoe. If we trot our scheme from last night out there.....its gonna be bad news.

I hope we can get things together by this Sunday....I'll go with 30-10 Cowboys. I just dont think we're clicking on either side of the ball right now.

Way to put faith in your team and you have the audacity to call yourself "RedskinsNation."

Need I remind you, that both of these teams backs will be against the wall and there will be an insurmountable amount of pressure on the Cowboys to win.

*Remember that they will be reminded of what happened to them last year and that they will be expected to win. I believe that the sleeper has the under-hand in this equation!

:logo:

why do you people get on here to talk about how much the redskins suck?? why don't you go do that on a dallas board?:logo:

I wondered how long it would take for this Thread to be started.

First we heard, "It's only the first preseason game, we'll get better."

Then we heard, "Preseason doesn't count, we'll get better."

Now it's "It's only the first game, we'll get better."

It's truly laughable. I can't wait until "If we win 8 in a row, I think we'll make the playoffs and then we'll get better."

Look, we are pissed that our team looks like crap. Fans can get mad at their team too you know. It's all about passion. I'm pissed, I'm down, and I'm thinking the season could be a long one, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop cheering for them, stop watching them, and stop being passionate about them. IF we beat Dallas next week, our attitudes will turn around, but come on, let's face the fact that we have not looked good now for 5 games and we have a lot of new pieces that were supposed to be the difference this year.

I just can't sit there and convince myself that everything is flowers and rainbows and that every game we lose doesn't really matter. I have a much better grasp of reality than that.

Hail,

H

only one game that we have lost so far matters. i don't care if todd collins couldn't beat the bengals or ravens. you know i'm not saying its wrong to be mad...i'm mad too. i just don't see how people can say we suck after one real game.

Well, all we have to go by is one game (if you discount the preseason). So, we sucked didn't we? Does that mean we will suck forever? No, but there is no positive spin that smacks of reality you can put on it right now.

It was a very bad way to start the season.

Hail,

H

I wondered how long it would take for this Thread to be started.

First we heard, "It's only the first preseason game, we'll get better."

Then we heard, "Preseason doesn't count, we'll get better."

Now it's "It's only the first game, we'll get better."

It's truly laughable. I can't wait until "If we win 8 in a row, I think we'll make the playoffs and then we'll get better."

Look, we are pissed that our team looks like crap. Fans can get mad at their team too you know. It's all about passion. I'm pissed, I'm down, and I'm thinking the season could be a long one, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop cheering for them, stop watching them, and stop being passionate about them. IF we beat Dallas next week, our attitudes will turn around, but come on, let's face the fact that we have not looked good now for 5 games and we have a lot of new pieces that were supposed to be the difference this year.

I just can't sit there and convince myself that everything is flowers and rainbows and that every game we lose doesn't really matter. I have a much better grasp of reality than that.

Hail,

H

There's a difference between not looking great and sucking. Was our team clicking on all cylinders, no. Did we stink up the joint, no. Take away the stupid penalties they called on ST and the game goes the other way. Yes STUPID! Geathers knocked a QB out cold while he was already committed to his slide and didn't get a flag. ST hit's a guy who could possibly still catch a ball, with his shoulder pad and is flagged. Bull****! Intentional face mask? That's the first intentional facemask I've seen called where the front of the facemask wasn't grabbed. He grabbed the side of the mask which usually is called unintentional. That punkazz ref has had it in for ST even before the ejection last season. There sure is a lot of negativity on this board for being a Redskin web site. You call it passion? I call it BS

Well, all we have to go by is one game (if you discount the preseason). So, we sucked didn't we? Does that mean we will suck forever? No, but there is no positive spin that smacks of reality you can put on it right now.

It was a very bad way to start the season.

Hail,

H

Here's my attempt at a positive spin.

I think we already look like a better team than we were last year. You can see on offense we have so many more options available to us, other than just Moss/Cooley. This is a new system with alot of new players, and I think a slow start was expected, but I think it's obvious we can be VERY dangerous once we start to gel. Also, once Portis is 100% look out, because he is light years ahead of Betts.

Tell me Randel El returning punts isn't a breath of fresh air? I had a sickness in my stomach every time Antonio Brown fielded a punt last year.

Yeah, Frost sucks, but whatever...a punter doesn't make or break your season.

John Hall missed one kick...it happens...I'm not going to bail on him yet.

The defense is not as bad as they looked. Held Chester Taylor to 88 yards on 31 carries for a 2.8 average. That is VERY GOOD considering the size and talent of that offensive line.

Defense on 3rd down and pass coverage left something to be desired, but we are playing without our #1 corner. People are expecting Carlos Rogers to be all-world already when he hasn't even started for a full season yet. Hey, give me and Carlos a break.

Archuleta sucks? He was 2nd on the team with 8 tackles. The exact reason he was brought in was to stuff the run, and he can be thanked for holding Chester Taylor to that paltry YPC.

Andre Carter sucks? He was being blocked by the best left side of an offensive line in the NFL. I'm not quitting on him yet either.

The reason we lost this game was because Minnesota's offensive line beat us. It's the reason we didn't pressure the QB, and that is the reason they were able to expose our already depleted secondary. Brad Johnson is a very good QB who will beat you if he has time...he is insanely accurate.

Steve Huchinson is worth every penny they paid of him. Matt Birk was out with an injury last year, but he is one of the best centers in the NFL. And Mckinnie is a monster left tackle. This is the best line we will face all year, and Cornelius Griffen (our key to success) will NOT be this much of a non-factor again all year.

That's it. They matched up against us very well. We had a couple unfortunate penalties. That we even had a chance to win/tie this game at the end is surprising to me.

My prediction is that by the time Portis and Springs are 100%, our offense will be gelling, our defense will be pressuring, and we will be winning.

The REDSKINS need to STEP IT UP Next WEEK.. IT's THAT SIMPLE!!!

The heck with how good Dallas is supposed to be, how great TO, Terry Glenn, and the Cowboys D-fense is, our REDSKINS have just as much a chance to beat the Cowboys as any other team. Yes the REDSKINS secondary is without Pierson and Springs, all that means is the other DB's have to STEP IT UP They can HIT, intercept/knock down passes, keep WR's covered as good as the next guy. Yeah TO, Glenn are great, so the SKINS secondary must accept this challenge and play GREATER. The REDSKINS must play TOUGH, HARD HITTING, Football this coming WEEK. NO BS, NO HYPE, JUST A TOTAL IMPROVED TEAM EFFORT BY THE REDSKINS. IT's UP TO THE PLAYERS, THEY CAN STEP UP TO THE CHALLENGE THAT DALLAS WILL BRING, OR LAY DOWN AND GET STEPPED ON.

C'mon REDSKINS your FANS are with you, yes many are hurting right now over the loss to the Vikings, but the FANS are still here. AND WE WILL SUPPORT YOU

GO REDSKINS !!!!:helmet: BEAT THE COWBOYS!!!:wavetowel

Archived