Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let Me Get This Straight

turbodiesel#44

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think an issue that's getting lost in the shuffle is that even though we've lost games in the preseason, it is HOW we've lost these games that is the problem. I would argue our team looked a lot better in the preseason last year than it has thusfar this year.

In fact, we're looking now how we did Gibbs' first year back when everyone was trying to calm everyone down using the same logic some are using on this board today and then we proceeded to stink up the joint that season.

I'm not a full-fledged buyer that our poor performance is some kind of "smoke screen" meant to prevent teams from gameplanning against us during the regular season. That sounds like a desperation move to rationalize ****ty execution and poor all-around play by our starters.

I hope I'm wrong, but I guess we'll see come 9/11.

We won't know until the season starts. Truth is, we really never know about a team until the season starts, because preseason is always a different animal. I'm not saying that we definitely will turn it on on the 11th, but what we see now isn't going to be everything we do in the regular season. But, because we haven't performed so far, that creates a lot of FUD amonst fans.

I do have some trust, based on the past couple years, that the coaches can look at our poor performance and find ways to improve this team. I don't know if we will go out and spank the Vikings, but I do believe things will come together at some point.

Jason

Only once in the history of the NFL has a team won the SB after going winless in the preseason, and that was during a strike shortened year. Gibbs can and will do it again like it was yesterday.

Is this what I need to believe to not be called a CL?

Let me think, uh,

uh......ummmm

,,,,,,, duh-

YEAH!

Treat the preseason like that rough bad quality toilet paper that falls apart in your ass when you're wiping it and look at the regular season as when you bust out the Charmin Ultra for maximum wipage and comfort. :)

Sorry off subject and all but what is up with your sig? Is that you or just some girl that looks drunk?

"Three hugely respected and ridiculously successful coaches work 18 hours a day for 8 months charting out a plan for how they want to proceed in both training camp and in preseason games, and reach this plan based on literally combined decades of proven success in the NFL...and they tell the fans that even if we don't see what we're hoping to see, they themselves are seeing many of the things they were looking for and are not too concerned by the things that tend to worry us. One of them has even won the Super Bowl with a dominating team after having a preseason in which pretty much all phases of said team looked horrendous, to the point that even the owner complained about the squad....

And I should scrap all of that and declare these three coaches to be completely full of it and their methods to be ridiculously ineffective because....why, again?"

while that argument has much credence...it gets tiresome after a while. clearly.....the expert coaching staff suffers through many more non-SB seasons than SB seasons. Clealry, the uber coaching staff has had some losing seasons. what? transition you say? roster turnover you say? new personnel you say? in short...factors other than just coaching excellence? maybe even the state of the competition? maybe the NFL is different enough today from what it was ...oh.....2 decades ago that the comparisons carry less weight?

coaching is way important. but coaches don't don pads and march onto the field.

I don't see it as being a chicken little to be concerned with how poorly our starters have played this preseason. If you've watched Gibbs' press conferences, you can very easily see that he is concerned also. So, all of you that say this is no big deal, are you calling Gibbs a chicken little also?

Anyone remember the 2001 preseason under Schotty? That was the worst I had ever seen...turns out we needed about 5 more weeks of preseason after that.

That was ALSO a preseason with a new offense, new coordinators, etc. I think our starters (under Jeff George) scored one offensive TD that preseason.

But this years preseason takes the cake as being the most godawful I have ever witnessed. Thats why I don't sip the kool-aid.

Another thing that bothers me: 71.1 17 24

That was the passer rating, TDs, and INTs for Trent Green in 2001 for KC...in his first year under Saunders' offense.

The team finished 6-10, offense finished 22nd in the league.

It wasn't until Green's 2ND year that the offense started to light it up.

Another thing that bothers me: 71.1 17 24

That was the passer rating, TDs, and INTs for Trent Green in 2001 for KC...in his first year under Saunders' offense.

The team finished 6-10, offense finished 22nd in the league.

It wasn't until Green's 2ND year that the offense started to light it up.

Funny, there have been posts on this board stating Saunders had a top 10 offense from his first year with KC. ???

Please tell me if I have this right.

Although every NFL team feels the need to play preseason games to not only parse scrubs, but to tune their starters for the season at risk of destroying careers worth maybe tens of millions to their star players, the Redskins do not.

The reasons are that our team is so good, our brand new coach with brand new personnel implementing a brand new offense doesn't even need to see how it clicks under game conditions. They are that good. Scott Burnell is a young iron man, he can take all the turf pounding he can get in meaningless games.

Under the "'nilla 'fense" lockdown, we can't even divulge simple ploys like effective pass blocking and pass coverage. If the NFL sees that, we will lose our games. Even after we dismantle the Vikes, then the Pukes, all the remaining teams are going to be looking through our preseason footage trying to find a chink in our armor.

And Hall will pull a TO recovery and return to form in 8 days. Frost has already become consistant.

Only once in the history of the NFL has a team won the SB after going winless in the preseason, and that was during a strike shortened year. Gibbs can and will do it again like it was yesterday.

Is this what I need to believe to not be called a CL?

OMG relax, pay a bill, take your dog for a walk, make a model airplane, do anything to take your mind off the Redskins. You're making yourself a nervous wreak over preseason. What are you and the rest of the doom and gloomers going to say if we kick the dog stuff out of Minny? I know you won't beable to say "I had faith in the team", in fact you'll look like a fool if you post a positive comment after this brilliant post.

Sit back relax get a tall glass of Kool-Aid and wait for the games to matter before predicting the end of times for the Skins. It's much easier being a fan with B and G glasses on then a wanna be GM and coach who knows nothing about the inner workings or practice habits of the team.

P.S.

In coming, stop drop and roll, or whatever else works for dodging clouds.

Archived