Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let Me Get This Straight

turbodiesel#44

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Please tell me if I have this right.

Although every NFL team feels the need to play preseason games to not only parse scrubs, but to tune their starters for the season at risk of destroying careers worth maybe tens of millions to their star players, the Redskins do not.

The reasons are that our team is so good, our brand new coach with brand new personnel implementing a brand new offense doesn't even need to see how it clicks under game conditions. They are that good. Scott Burnell is a young iron man, he can take all the turf pounding he can get in meaningless games.

Under the "'nilla 'fense" lockdown, we can't even divulge simple ploys like effective pass blocking and pass coverage. If the NFL sees that, we will lose our games. Even after we dismantle the Vikes, then the Pukes, all the remaining teams are going to be looking through our preseason footage trying to find a chink in our armor.

And Hall will pull a TO recovery and return to form in 8 days. Frost has already become consistant.

Only once in the history of the NFL has a team won the SB after going winless in the preseason, and that was during a strike shortened year. Gibbs can and will do it again like it was yesterday.

Is this what I need to believe to not be called a CL?

Please tell me if I have this right:

Three hugely respected and ridiculously successful coaches work 18 hours a day for 8 months charting out a plan for how they want to proceed in both training camp and in preseason games, and reach this plan based on literally combined decades of proven success in the NFL...and they tell the fans that even if we don't see what we're hoping to see, they themselves are seeing many of the things they were looking for and are not too concerned by the things that tend to worry us. One of them has even won the Super Bowl with a dominating team after having a preseason in which pretty much all phases of said team looked horrendous, to the point that even the owner complained about the squad....

And I should scrap all of that and declare these three coaches to be completely full of it and their methods to be ridiculously ineffective because....why, again?

Your points are valid.

However, we are going through a process here. :silly:

On a serious note. Gibbs and Company had a set game plan. They set the players up in certain situations to see how they react. To see how they improvise and where they are struggling. Why work on the things that you already grasp and know? Wouldn't it make sense to work on the part of your game that you are lacking? That is what our coaches are looking at and that is how they are getting our players ready come September 11th. They have mini-camps and OTA's to practice the offense. I really think that it will take this whole year to get the rest of the offense 'down'.. However, that is not saying that our offense it going to stink up the joint.

As for our offense being 'new'.. That is not really the case, per se. Al Saunders uses a modified Don Coryell style of offense.. The same exact style of offense that Joe Gibbs uses. It is just more in depth-- to say that it is completely new is false on all accounts.

Hall needs to be replaced IMO. Frost-- I do not think he needs to be cut (just not yet) but, I do think he needs to step up his game drastically. He is far from 'great'.. heck he isn't even 'very good' but, he does show the potential to turn his game around. If he didn't, wouldn't he have been gone awhile ago?

I hear ya turbo....I'm so confused I might as well be in a twlight zone episode. As bad as we look... I can't help but habor the same feeling as we can't be this bad. If we win a Super Bowl someone needs to beat the crap out of Gibbs for doing this to us.

:jk: I don't think I'm ever going to watch another preseason again. Especially if we have any kind of expectations and Gibbs is still the head coach but I watch him and he almost seems like he's holding back laughing over this and spews a few words of disconcerted worry to please the media.

I hear ya turbo....I'm so confused I might as well be in a twlight zone episode. As bad as we look... I can't help but habor the same feeling as we can't be this bad. If we win a Super Bowl someone needs to beat the crap out of Gibbs for doing this to us.

:jk: I don't think I'm ever going to watch another preseason again. Especially if we have any kind of expectations and Gibbs is still the head coach but I watch him and he almost seems like he's holding back laughing over this and spews a few words of disconcerted worry to please the media.

I can picture it now..

Joe Gibbs, after his dominating win over the Vikings, stands at the podium and screams, "YOU HAVE BEEN PUNK'D!!!"

I can picture it now..

Joe Gibbs, after his dominating win over the Vikings, stands at the podium and screams, "YOU HAVE BEEN PUNK'D!!!"

Its gonna be more like.....

the guys fought their guts out and battled through the preseason and even though we struggled they practiced hard every day and it showed in todays game. Did i think we were gonna win 35-0, no I didnt, but we just came out ready to play.

I know all the people who believe in Gibbs and Co. but even they are concerned about how poorly we played in the preseason...

No one in their right mind can watch that pre season and be fine with the way we played. You can look at Coach Gibbs face and tell that he was upset with how poorly we played after each game.

There's a difference between playing vanilla schemes and then just going out there and looking awful.

-For the record our OLINE is the ones who need to step it up come Regular Season. They seemed to be the biggest dissapointment so far. As long as they step up and do their jobs, the rest of the offense will be fine...

I have no worries about our D because we know what they will do when it's time to play!

I can picture it now..

Hahaha, and then Ashton Kutcher comes out and just starts laughing and pointing and Brad Childress!

Yeah... thatd be sweet. :laugh:

This was their record last year in preseason:

Steelers 21, Carolina 17

Steelers 10, Washngton 17

Miami 3, Steelers 17

Philadelphia 31, Steelers 38

They were 3-1. Lost to us. Don't know where you get your info.

I swear I heard someone say that a few days ago on TV - I especially remember them talking about how many thought during last pre-season that Big Ben was a one year wonder because of his poor pre-season play.

I'm really not too worried about it is my point.

I just don't think our starters care too much about winning practice games, and Portis getting hurt on our first drive of pre-season deflated them even more.

Our back-up players are being put in difficult situations on purpose to see how they'll react.

I want to be the first. Let me be the first now to say I told you so.

Just go ahead and push this post to the top of the board on Tuesday morning after the REDSKINS win over Minnesota in which the offense manages to get into scoring position for a field goal twice but the defense scores the lone TD of the game, because Mark Brunell stands on the beach trying his best to hit the water with a footbal and yet can't get the ball damp.

Tuesday morning "I Told You So"

Hows that for oneupmanship and heading everyone off at the pass.

I don't understand what is so hard to grasp here. ITS THE PRESEASON. Why isn't that enough for you chicken littles?? I have no idea. :whoknows: If we start out the season with four straight losses then yes, you'll have something to be worried about. But until then, settle down. What's the point in getting all worked up over some meaningless games??

The coaches clearly had a game-plan for preseason, and that plan included winning as a minor footnote. Its UNIMPORTANT. The coaches are confident, the players are confident, we've seen what this group can do, and they only got better personnell wise. Why worry???

I want to be the first. Let me be the first now to say I told you so.

Just go ahead and push this post to the top of the board on Tuesday morning after the REDSKINS win over Minnesota in which the offense manages to get into scoring position for a field goal twice but the defense scores the lone TD of the game, because Mark Brunell stands on the beach trying his best to hit the water with a footbal and yet can't get the ball damp.

Tuesday morning "I Told You So"

Hows that for oneupmanship and heading everyone off at the pass.

You honestly think the Skins will score only one touchdown, and it will come defensively? Wow. I wouldn't bet on that...you're liable to lose a lot of money! ;)

Archived