Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let Me Get This Straight

turbodiesel#44

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Please tell me if I have this right.

Although every NFL team feels the need to play preseason games to not only parse scrubs, but to tune their starters for the season at risk of destroying careers worth maybe tens of millions to their star players, the Redskins do not.

The reasons are that our team is so good, our brand new coach with brand new personnel implementing a brand new offense doesn't even need to see how it clicks under game conditions. They are that good. Scott Burnell is a young iron man, he can take all the turf pounding he can get in meaningless games.

Under the "'nilla 'fense" lockdown, we can't even divulge simple ploys like effective pass blocking and pass coverage. If the NFL sees that, we will lose our games. Even after we dismantle the Vikes, then the Pukes, all the remaining teams are going to be looking through our preseason footage trying to find a chink in our armor.

And Hall will pull a TO recovery and return to form in 8 days. Frost has already become consistant.

Only once in the history of the NFL has a team won the SB after going winless in the preseason, and that was during a strike shortened year. Gibbs can and will do it again like it was yesterday.

Is this what I need to believe to not be called a CL?

This is all I have to say:

A-team hasn't been on the field for a whole game

Someone is a panick artist

Someone should also check the name of the QB on the team he says he's a fan of

How can you place any value on preseason wins. Do you remember Spurrier?

Or have you also forgotten that Gibbs rarely does well in preseason?

Let's not insult reasonable people with Kool Aid jokes.

Everyone Ok with that?

This is all I have to say:

A team hasn't been on the field for a whole game

How many halves does it take for our starters to get into the end zone? Answer me that. I don't think you know, because we haven't done it yet. All preseason.

Someone is a panick artist

Skins are my team. Always have been. But I am also a football fan. Don't like anything I've seen so far.

Someone should also check the name of the QB on the team he says he's a fan of

Last year an announcer kept calling MB Scott Burnell. IT WAS A JOKE. Read the thread.

How can you place any value on preseason wins. Do you remember Spurrier?

I don't place any value on preseason wins. I value the preseason for what it is intended to do. Figure out which scrubs to cut and TUNE YOUR STARTERS. Our starters don't look remotely tuned. To me anyway, but I don't have your vision. I have mentally blocked Spurrier from my mind to retain my sanity.

Or have you also forgotten that Gibbs rarely does well in preseason?

That is the only thing I can cling to right now. I have nothing else.

Let's not insult reasonable people with Kool Aid jokes.

Apoligies if I have insulted anyone. Were you a Rev. Jim Jones follower?

Everyone Ok with that

You'll have to ask them.

Its gonna be more like.....

the guys fought their guts out and battled through the preseason and even though we struggled they practiced hard every day and it showed in todays game. Did i think we were gonna win 35-0, no I didnt, but we just came out ready to play.

OMG! That sounds exactly like a Gibbs' quote. Heck, I think he might have said that in a press conference once.

There is a difference between being a homer and being confident.

No way in HELL does a Joe Gibbs team go from 30th ranked offense to the 11th ranked offense and finally to a 32nd ranked offense. I am not buying it. Our team is upgraded on both sides of the ball. You just do not upgrade in talent and downgrade in standings. It just does not add up. Am I a homer? Far from it. Am I confident? Damn straight!!

The Steelers did it last year, and didn't score an offensive TD with their starters.

A bit of a mistake by the Redskins announcers when interviewing Christian Fauria. What the announcer meant to say was that the Colts went 0-5 in the preaseason, including a 38-0 shutout loss to the Bengals in the final game of the preaseason. Not exactly a SB winner but 13-3 is not bad goal to shoot for. :point2sky

I think the fact that the Steeler starters didn't score is creating the confusion. We beat them here, that was their only loss. I can't remember how their starters looked.

I just remember Big Ben looking horrible and the national media pundits proclaiming :Here comes Big Ben's sophmore slump.

Please make this madness stop. Please TurboDiesel, drink your kook-aid, spike it w/ a heavy pour of Jack, and take it easy.

preseason football is the biggest joke in sports. everyone w/ any sense knows it. it couldnt possibly mean any less, especially for a veteran team w/ veteran coaches like the Skins.

and lets not kid ourselves about Minnesota. Gibbs will say, as he should, that they are an excellent and dangerous football team. But we know better. They are very, very bad. Without Robinson they are even worse.

Witness their signing of Todd Stinkston, perhaps the sorriest excuse for a receiver in the league. None of my Iggle fan friends (yes, sorry to admit I have a few) could stand him.

Well that was someone disjointed...

First, although MOST NFL teams decide to do things one way doesnt mean we should. Many NFL teams are coaches by the likes of Mangini, Childress, etc etc. Every year 16 NFL teams fall in the bottom half of the NFL, because they are unsuccesful at what they do. I do not wish to follow them.

Second, there are two goals of preseason, and two goals only. The first is to be able to differentiate between players and their abilities. The second is to prepare the team for the regular season. This does not, though it may at times, constitute winning, and/or playing well as a team.

Third, our coaching staff doesnt seem that concerned about it. We have about 4 former defensive cooridnators, 4 formers head coaches(One HOF coach), one widely considered to be one of the best defensive minds, the other considered to be one of, if not the, best offensive mind in football. We finished 10-6 last year, regardless of preseason performance, I see no reason to believe we would be worse after adding Al Saunders.

My take? Take two pills(wash it down with Koolaid if it would make you feel better), and see me after the Minnesota game, and THEN we can talk.

Please tell me if I have this right:

Three hugely respected and ridiculously successful coaches work 18 hours a day for 8 months charting out a plan for how they want to proceed in both training camp and in preseason games, and reach this plan based on literally combined decades of proven success in the NFL...and they tell the fans that even if we don't see what we're hoping to see, they themselves are seeing many of the things they were looking for and are not too concerned by the things that tend to worry us. One of them has even won the Super Bowl with a dominating team after having a preseason in which pretty much all phases of said team looked horrendous, to the point that even the owner complained about the squad....

And I should scrap all of that and declare these three coaches to be completely full of it and their methods to be ridiculously ineffective because....why, again?

Great post, couldn't agree more.:applause:

I don't believe a Troy Polamalu Int. return, and fg by the starting PK, Jeff Reed is what he was referring too

did you?

Parker also had a TD and he is the starting RB, but when you say they went 0-4 and didnt score when that was false, it doesnt matter how many points it was. It was false

Parker also had a TD and he is the starting RB, but when you say they went 0-4 and didnt score when that was false, it doesnt matter how many points it was. It was false

*Willie Parker wasn't a starter or playing with any starters at that time, he did start until later in the season

Steelers 05 preseason scoring summary per NFL.com

1ST QUARTER

TD Willie Williams, 10 Yd interception return (Jeff Reed kick is good), 14:48.

TD Ricardo Colclough, 66 Yd punt return (Jeff Reed kick is good), 12:55.

2ND QUARTER

TD Ike Taylor, 100 Yd kick return (Jeff Reed kick is good), 11:52.

*TD Willie Parker, 3 Yd run (Jeff Reed kick is good), 0:23. Drive: 8 plays, 80 yards in 2:53.

3RD QUARTER

FG Shaun Suisham 46 Yd, 10:32. Drive: 9 plays, 45 yards in 4:28.

4TH QUARTER

TD John Kuhn, 3 Yd pass from Brian St. Pierre (Shaun Suisham kick is good), 6:17. Drive: 7 plays, 56 yards in 4:06.

2ND QUARTER

TD Noah Herron, 1 Yd run (Jeff Reed kick is good), 3:33. Drive: 14 plays, 82 yards in 7:52.

FG Jeff Reed 25 Yd, 1:09. Drive: 5 plays, 20 yards in 1:29.

3RD QUARTER

FG Jeff Reed 23 Yd, 3:36. Drive: 9 plays, 88 yards in 4:55.

4TH QUARTER

TD Sean Morey, 45 Yd pass from Charlie Batch (Charlie Batch pass to Nate Washington for 2 Pt. Conversion), 1:35. Drive: 6 plays, 64 yards in 0:54.

1ST QUARTER

TD Troy Polamalu, 34 Yd interception return (Jeff Reed kick is good), 3:48.

2ND QUARTER

FG Jeff Reed 24 Yd, 12:35. Drive: 6 plays, 74 yards in 2:33.

1ST QUARTER

TD James Harrison, 69 Yd fumble return (Jeff Reed kick is good), 3:44.

2ND QUARTER

FG Jeff Reed 26 Yd, 0:43. Drive: 4 plays, 2 yards in 0:53.

3RD QUARTER

TD Verron Haynes, 1 Yd run (Jeff Reed kick is good), 9:55. Drive: 6 plays, 37 yards in 3:23.

Archived