Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Days on Earth

nelms

There's a special two hour 20/20 show on ABC covering the 7 deadliest threats to humanity. It's on right now until 11 pm.

They've already covered black holes, artifical intelligence, super volcanoes, and asteroid strikes. They're on number 3 right now, which is nuclear war, an interesting topic for me. Number 2 is disease and number 1 is climate change. Pretty interesting show.

There's a special two hour 20/20 show on ABC covering the 7 deadliest threats to humanity. It's on right now until 11 pm.

They've already covered black holes, artifical intelligence, super volcanoes, and asteroid strikes. They're on number 3 right now, which is nuclear war, an interesting topic for me. Number 2 is disease and number 1 is client change. Pretty interesting show.

Client change? So if I get a new client for my business the world will come to an end? :laugh:

I'm assuming you mean climate change?

Client change? So if I get a new client for my business the world will come to an end? :laugh:

I'm assuming you mean climate change?

:laugh: I was thinking the same thing. The sad thing is that by climate change, they mean "global warming". :doh: Not this **** again!

Oh god, now they're showing Al Gore. Why am I not surprised they put this clown on. I've changed my mind. This show sucks.

They then show a guy equating "climate change" deniers to Holocaust deniers. :doh: I'm turning this **** off.

You know the crazy thing about all of that stuff is the reality of how fragile life is. If a big rock happens to nail us... it's over. If the world suddenly decides "time for ice" we're in trouble, big trouble.

Hell tomorrow some big thing we didn't know existed in space could pay us a visit.

They've already covered black holes, artifical intelligence, super volcanoes, and asteroid strikes. They're on number 3 right now, which is nuclear war, an interesting topic for me. Number 2 is disease and number 1 is climate change. Pretty interesting show.

I guess they're trying to rank on an index of probability x lethality. Because, how in the world could they rank "climate change" above an enormous rock hitting the Earth and turning the whole world into a molten blob.

You know the crazy thing about all of that stuff is the reality of how fragile life is. If a big rock happens to nail us... it's over. If the world suddenly decides "time for ice" we're in trouble, big trouble.

Hell tomorrow some big thing we didn't know existed in space could pay us a visit.

or God could just be like, "uh, what was i thinking, free will? time to start over..." i think we'd be just as screwed either way; not a thing you could do about it.

You know, I really thought this show was well done until they got to the climate change part. Then's when they started politicising it. What a shame. On top of that, even if you believe of all the climate change "theories", how in the hell could it be ranked the #1 threat against humanity. Personally, I think disease should have been ranked #1 followed closley by nuclear war.

You know, I really thought this show was well done until they got to the climate change part. Then's when they started politicising it. What a shame. On top of that, even if you believe of all the climate change "theories", how in the hell could it be ranked the #1 threat against humanity. Personally, I think disease should have been ranked #1 followed closley by nuclear war.

A severe climate change, like an ice age or extensively long droughts would be very damaging to all life on Earth and cause mass extinctions. Personally, I think a large asteroid/meteor strike (you know, one of those continent sized pieces of rock out there) should probably be higher, but still, you got to be wary of the sun burn. The dessertification of the Earth would really end it all, not that I can forsee that happening, but it certainly would doom us all.

A severe climate change, like an ice age or extensively long droughts would be very damaging to all life on Earth and cause mass extinctions. Personally, I think a large asteroid/meteor strike (you know, one of those continent sized pieces of rock out there) should probably be higher, but still, you got to be wary of the sun burn. The dessertification of the Earth would really end it all, not that I can forsee that happening, but it certainly would doom us all.

I'm not debating IF these climate change theories held true that there weren't be potential disasters in store for us. But, it terms of probability, you have to go with disease as the #1 threat.

It depends how you define "last days of Earth" I mean the Plagues were pretty devestating, but they hardly precipitated the last days of Earth. On the other hand, the Ice Age wiped out the Dinosaurs. A nuclear holocaust would wipe out everything. A shifting of the Earth out of its orbit by a foot would make it inhospitable for organic life. Disease would merely wipe out a lot of folks until an immunity or vaccination was developed and then life would go on.

Archived