Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you PERSUADE your KIDS to like the REDSKINS?

LightenupSandyBaby

I was born and raised in northern New Jersey, but I was raised to bleed burgundy and gold.

Family has baby photos of me dressed head-to-toe in redskins merchandise. Skins knit cap, shirt, sweatshirt, mittens, sweat pants, socks... and if there were redskins shoes I'm sure my parents would have bought them.

My whole family are skins fanatics, I grew up on it. I think in order to spread an interest to a child it needs to be pounded into their natural behavior as much as possible. If you watch the skins and have your child in a play-pen in the other room watching cartoons... it might be more difficult to show just how important the skins are. Some of my best memories as a very young child are sitting with the family watching the redskins on television.

My suggestion is to take your kids to a skins vs. cowboys game at fedex field, to really show the passion our fans have for the team. Perhaps it will rub off on them. But I really don't think there's much else you can do, except go to a few open practices and have your kids meet the players. To really instill that redskin passion you need to start at a very young age, and quite thoroughly.

first of all, i was kidding, and secondly, i have no idea what you mean. how do orphans speak?
First of all, people usually use a :) to show that they are kidding. Secondly, I'm not suprised that you have no idea what I am talking about and I have no desire to explain it to you.

BTW, your joke was in bad taste...with or without a :).

First of all, people usually use a :) to show that they are kidding. Secondly, I'm not suprised that you have no idea what I am talking about and I have no desire to explain it to you.

BTW, your joke was in bad taste...with or without a :).

are you trying to belittle me by telling me that you aren't surprised that i don't get your ridiculous remark about me being an orphan? i'm not, but if you think that my joke was in bad taste, then why don't you look at what you said to me. what if i was an orphan. i bet that would have made you feel great. and the reason you can't explain yourself is because what you said made no sense. and i dont think my joke was in bad taste, i think that you may just be behind on the times old man. some one else chimed in and made another funny joke off of mine. with that said, think twice before trying to make me look stupid.

I got my 3 year old a bunch of skins gear. Also tell my family from up there to send him stuff. He already knows the logo. I point to my jerseys and he says GO OHIO STATE REDSKINS. He also knows i like ohio state . He even sign on to the internet the other day and when to my favorite places and clicked on extremeskins.com . I just got to keep a eye on my wife she likes the Giants just because of the quarterback.

Oh yeah, I forgot. My 4 yr old goes around saying "meet sean taylor, I said meet sean taylor" Only it comes out "meet sean, sean taylor" LOL For those of you who aren't familiar with where this comes from go here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQA3fZiW3gk

He loves to sit and watch Redskins highlight videos on my computer, especially the Sean Taylor ones. Afterwards, he goes around the house singing "Bad to the Bone"

A father could be more proud!:point2sky

I have two boys ages 12 & 12...they both enjoy Football, but they both cannot seem to root for the Skins. They both grew up during the post Gibbs first era and inbetween the second era. As you already know they witnessed a whole lot of losing seasons. I have tried to show them old videos, told them stories of the games I witnessed at RFK, but they both still won't jump onto the Bandwagon!!

To make things worse....After preaching to them that only the 3rd game of the Pre-Season means anything; they witnesses the TOTAL BLOWOUT game last night. I really thought I might have a chance in converting them into DIE HARD Skin Fans, but now I feel it's doomed.

Somebody with the same situation, or someone whom overcame this problem...PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.

:doh: :cry:

Can you bring them to a game or even t and let them see all that goes on? Also make it fun for them to like the redskins.

believe me they wouldn't dare cheer for any other team in front of me. And of course they are not allowed to buy any football stuff with their favorite team's logo on it. I have even tried to bribe them with Redskin stuff, and they both said "NO WAY!"

THEN YOU DISOWN THEM!! its the only way it can be!!!

Let them decide on their own.

Bwahahahah!!!

Hi Pops!

My father is a die-hard Giants fan and so is his father. But he never pushed me to like the Giants. When I was a kid I loved the color red, and I loved Indians, so I picked the Redskins as my favorite team. (BTW, I'm an FSU fan in college football for the same reasons.) Since then my father and I have a very healthy and fun competition every year. Just this morning he left me a voicemail message that went something like this: "Hi, it's dad. I'm just calling to give you a hard time about your Redskins not yet scoring a first-team touchdown in three games. Lavar said he feels sorry for any opposing quarterbacks because they have so many weapons to rush the QB. Give my love to everyone. Bye." Of course, I called back and we talked football for 15 minutes. It's been fun over the years.

I would want my kids to be 'Skins fans, but I wouldn't die if they picked another team. They are individuals. They can choose any team they want (except Dallas). When it comes to Dallas individuality is replaced with a dictatorship.

My father is a diehard Steeler fan. His efforts of buying me terrible towels and taking me to games when I was younger have failed. I have lived in the DC area(MD) my whole life and I guess thats the reason I love the Skins. All of his nuturing could not make me not love the skins. I enjoy the steelers but they are a distant second favorite team.

I have two boys ages 12 & 12...they both enjoy Football, but they both cannot seem to root for the Skins. They both grew up during the post Gibbs first era and inbetween the second era. As you already know they witnessed a whole lot of losing seasons. I have tried to show them old videos, told them stories of the games I witnessed at RFK, but they both still won't jump onto the Bandwagon!!

To make things worse....After preaching to them that only the 3rd game of the Pre-Season means anything; they witnesses the TOTAL BLOWOUT game last night. I really thought I might have a chance in converting them into DIE HARD Skin Fans, but now I feel it's doomed.

Somebody with the same situation, or someone whom overcame this problem...PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.

:doh: :cry:

You should be proud they do not want to be bandwagon fans :) It takes time but just let them root for who they want, if you push it they will never listen.

My dad is a huge Red Sox fan and he would always push them on me. I kind of grew attached to the O's and then after sitting him and watching the Red Sox lose to the Mets I was hooked.

believe me they wouldn't dare cheer for any other team in front of me. And of course they are not allowed to buy any football stuff with their favorite team's logo on it. I have even tried to bribe them with Redskin stuff, and they both said "NO WAY!"

show them a sean taylor highlight video

then ask them if they want a sean taylor jersey

Archived