Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Tailgate Spot Was WACK!!!!!

FranchiseTY11

I dropped by with the wife and met a few people. Everyone was nice and offered food and fun. If you are too scared to go up and introduce yourself, then don't go. What do you want Huly and co. to do, bring you a plate of Pez's wings, hand you a beer and a nametag, and introduce you to everyone? It's not a fuggin' luncheon. As far as the "john" situation, get over it. Thanks for invinting us ES, it was fun to see the kids beat the pinata. SSM [who I didn't recognize...he looks thinner in photos :laugh: j/k] did a nice drop kick on the thing. I'll try and stop by Sept. 11. Props to what you guys are doin'.

HAIL!

I was at the tailgate, had a blast! The new location is awsome, we have our own area, was like a block party and it was huge even for preseason. It just wasn't the nutzy atmosphere..thats because its PRE-SEASON.

And the port-o-john complaint? That would be a bogus complaint because there was one right there, a fifty foot pace away. You dont like the downhill hike to pee, us the lil blue room that was right there.

Huly and Pez and everyone else did a great job yesterday! The wings were tasty, all kinds of food and munchies. It was great to see everyone, and to meet some new faces as well.

You don't like it, don't come. Go back to the old location and start your own lil extravaganza. I will be at the green lot E43 with the rest of the ES Tailgater's this year! :cheers:

Franchise, the above is pretty much how most of us feel about the tailgate this Saturday, and the location. Actually I'd have to guess that it would be all of us, except you, that feel this way. A long day and a lot of hard work by a few, a great time for everyone.

The location gives everyone more room to move around without being in traffic. It is perfect! I can't speak to the people surrounding the area and how wild they were, because I didn't really care. My focus was on the great people of ES. I'd have to guess, as others have stated, that it has to do with the fact that it was a pre-season game. If you had bothered to go to the old location, or any other lot, I'd guess that you would have found the same, but without the massive "island" of ExtremeSkins.

I hope you do show up for the Minnesota game, identify yourself as the creator of this mistake of a thread, take some deserved abuse, leave the fight at home, and have fun getting to know everyone.

The atmosphere in the surrounding area, given that it will be the Monday night opener, should also be what you seem to have been looking for at the pre-season game.

Wow, I thought it was obvious that my post was completely sarcastic.(hense the emoticons) I have not been to your tailgate, i know that there aren't any sponsers, and your tailgate looks as good as any others....please 'unbunch" the panties.

Ahh, point taken. Sorry. I was exhausted when I saw your post, and I had my sarcasm meter turned off for the evening. I obviously missed the point. After reading it again, when I'm not dead, I get the sarcasm. :cheers:

FranchiseTY11...

We defintely look for any suggestions/comments to make the tailgate even better than it was, however I do have to reply to a couple items.

1. New location is "WACK"

a: Actually the new location is better than the old location. We have a ton more room now without the possibility of getting hit by a car (there is even plenty of space to throw a pig skin around). We are going to try to work with the Redskins about the whole issue of turning left into the lot from Redskins Rd. As for the porta john issue, this is just a pre-season thing I believe.. there was a severe shortage all over the lots... expect to see more on Sep 11. Dude... trust me, the new spot is about 10 times better than the old one - you will understand this when we hit the first regular season game, and there is about 100 -200 people in that area.

2. The area was dead...

a. Dude this is pre-season... essentially a practice versus another team. It is really hard to get rowdy over a game that means absolutely nothing. People there yesterday were there to essentially just hang with friends, eat, drink and have a good time. Were you in the stadium yesterday? You may have noticed the entire crowd was fairly quiet. Trust me, when games matter, EVERYTHING gets hyped up. Also, FYI, there will be other groups coming in to tailgate around that area... that area will be hopping yo.. :laugh:

3. Why don't you move back to the old spot..

a. We are not going back to the old spot.. we left that spot because of "issues" with another tailgate, that is all I will say about that.

4. I hope someone in charge reads this and gets this whole tailgate situation dealt with...

a. Now this item annoys me.. You do realize that there is really noone in charge right? Its not like we are funded by the Redskins or anyone else. It is a group of people who spend their own time and money, to provide an area for extremeskins, redskinsroadtrips, or any othere skin fan to hang out together. This tailgate works on people contributing (which people did a great job sat). If you think that you can bring something that will help make this a better tailgate, please! by all means bring it!

5. If u wanna be smart about it too, u goin to the vikings game?

a. WE DO NOT WANT THIS AROUND OUR TAILGATE!!! If you wanna start a fight with other fans, get belligerant, destroy property, etc.. there are other tailgates you can go to, just not the one in E-43.

Saturday's tailgate was more subdued than a regular season game, because it wasn't a regular season game!

For comparison sake, check out these two threads with pics from last year's two preseason tailgates. It's pretty much the same group of folks this year as last. We started much smaller last year than this, and had even fewer neighbors around us.

Calm down and wait for the regular season.

1st Home Preseason game (Bengals) http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110255&highlight=tailgate

2nd Home Preseason game (Pittsburgh) http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111307&highlight=tailgate

I'm going to try this two different ways. Hopefully, you'll understand at least of them.

1) yo yo yo betta check yo sef b4yo wreks yo self

2) Find the 'internet tough guy' button on your keyboard & turn it off before you find yourself unable to post here.

Word.

Holy ****, this has to be the post of the year. LMAO!! falldownlaugh.gif

Another tiny point..

There were 50+ people spread over 100 feet... didnt see another one like it (I Walked the entire lot... Lot attendant thought he was funny sending me from G > F the opposite way :) grrr...

My 1st time going there I was 600yds away when I pointed and said: THERE it is.. Check out all the flags flying (its gotta be them).. the saw the roadcrew flag and knew it... Had to explain how flags fly that high in a parking lot..

Pez was standing over the deep fryer for several hours. Huly was meeting and greeting everyone with "Enjoy yourselves, foods over here, beer and soda right there".

Did you pay a cover charge? should have been one for such a big spread. Shrimp, vats of deepfried instantaneous wings, spiced chicken breasts, Giant box of steamed crab legs, brownies, chips, dip, vegies,

And Redskins radio guy Larry Michaels sposed to do an appearance..

I'm sorry but that seems like club level behind the glass treatment you should have to pay big to get while smiling at the peasants as the walk by in wonder...

What do you want Huly and co. to do, bring you a plate of Pez's wings, hand you a beer and a nametag, and introduce you to everyone? It's not a fuggin' luncheon.

I don't know that I've ever seen Huly hand anyone a plate of wing's, though she did try to hand deliver Bugs' his first wing of the season on Saturday.

Bugs', of course, already had one. :laugh:

And we actually did have nametags at one point last year. :laugh:

FranchiseTY11...

We defintely look for any suggestions/comments to make the tailgate even better than it was, however I do have to reply to a couple items.

1. New location is "WACK"

a: Actually the new location is better than the old location. We have a ton more room now without the possibility of getting hit by a car (there is even plenty of space to throw a pig skin around). We are going to try to work with the Redskins about the whole issue of turning left into the lot from Redskins Rd. As for the porta john issue, this is just a pre-season thing I believe.. there was a severe shortage all over the lots... expect to see more on Sep 11. Dude... trust me, the new spot is about 10 times better than the old one - you will understand this when we hit the first regular season game, and there is about 100 -200 people in that area.

2. The area was dead...

a. Dude this is pre-season... essentially a practice versus another team. It is really hard to get rowdy over a game that means absolutely nothing. People there yesterday were there to essentially just hang with friends, eat, drink and have a good time. Were you in the stadium yesterday? You may have noticed the entire crowd was fairly quiet. Trust me, when games matter, EVERYTHING gets hyped up. Also, FYI, there will be other groups coming in to tailgate around that area... that area will be hopping yo.. :laugh:

3. Why don't you move back to the old spot..

a. We are not going back to the old spot.. we left that spot because of "issues" with another tailgate, that is all I will say about that.

4. I hope someone in charge reads this and gets this whole tailgate situation dealt with...

a. Now this item annoys me.. You do realize that there is really noone in charge right? Its not like we are funded by the Redskins or anyone else. It is a group of people who spend their own time and money, to provide an area for extremeskins, redskinsroadtrips, or any othere skin fan to hang out together. This tailgate works on people contributing (which people did a great job sat). If you think that you can bring something that will help make this a better tailgate, please! by all means bring it!

5. If u wanna be smart about it too, u goin to the vikings game?

a. WE DO NOT WANT THIS AROUND OUR TAILGATE!!! If you wanna start a fight with other fans, get belligerant, destroy property, etc.. there are other tailgates you can go to, just not the one in E-43.

:peaceout:

Wigitty Wigitty Wack! Don't talk back! :cool:

If the tailgates will always be that "wack"...please don't change a thing.

Things I liked: The Space- with the flat grass area, and the turn in the curb area, its an awesome spot for a tailgate.

Disliked: Getting to the spot. I come in off of redskins road, so I'll have to make the left at the light, and go around the backside, then drive across the lot. Still, being a secluded area, there is room for expansion (and a football toss area)

All in all, Great time. Thanks everyone! :cheers:

FranchiseTY11, if you don't like our new tailgate spot, no one is holding a gun to your head telling you you have to be there.

If you want to complain about our new spot, you should take it up with the person who found it.

Yours truly.

Yes, I was the one who found this spot and when I presented it to the rest of our tailgate spot committee (pez, halter91 and Kevin B), we all agreed that it would be a great area.

Then we presented it to all of ES here in the "Tailgate" to see what everyone else thought of it.

All the regulars to our tailgate approved it overwhelmingly.

Then, we have tailgated this spot for both the scrimmage and the Jets pre season game, and until you said something, it was unaimus that this was a great tailgate spot.

I guess you can't make everyone happy.

Like my grandpa used to say, "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time."\

I like, all the regulars like, so who cares?

And it was moved from the old spot for a reason, but we don't need to bring up the past.

I thought the new spot was great! More room for the ever growing number of regular participants (Like me: 4 games last year - ALL of 'em this year!).

The 31st should be fun too, but I especially can't wait to see what it's like on Sept. 11....considering it's Monday night, the home opener, etc, and there are probably a lot of people that don't go to preseason games that will show up then....

So basically, so what if one guy doesn't like it....

Props to Pez & Huly, RRtrips, 4C, and everybody else that was involved in organizing and contributing! :applause: :notworthy :applause:

A lot of internet egos and condecending post on full display in here :doh:

This thread was a bad idea........(the tiltle was a really bad idea)........ no need to kill the man though he may not be caught up in the soap opera and he could most likely care less about what happened last year. Everybody here all claimed the F lot was the best thing in the world for 2 years its unfortunate what happend. This lot is different, a change of pace for some it will take some getting used to. To each his own :whoknows:

Most importantly don't judge somebody on how they come across on a message board:doh:

The left turn issue is a pretty big issue for more reasons than one keep us posted pez:)

The best thing that could happen to this thread is have it closed or lost to the back pages.

A lot of internet egos and condecending post on full display in here :doh:

This thread was a bad idea........(the tiltle was a really bad idea)........ no need to kill the man though he may not be caught up in the soap opera and he could most likely care less about what happened last year. Everybody here all claimed the F lot was the best thing in the world for 2 years its unfortunate what happend. This lot is different, a change of pace for some it will take some getting used to. To each his own :whoknows:

Most importantly don't judge somebody on how they come across on a message board:doh:

The left turn issue is a pretty big issue for more reasons than one keep us posted pez:)

The best thing that could happen to this thread is have it closed or lost to the back pages.

I have to admit you're right. The new area is superior, in that it has more space away from traffic, including both grass and blacktop protected from traffic by two rows of cars. The old spot was superior in that it had Piss Mt. and was an easy walk from the blue and red lots, and the cash lot buses -- not to mention the "no left turn" issue we're now faced with.

We'll make it work though. And the extra walking will help me work off some of those tasty wings!

Archived