Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Tailgate Spot Was WACK!!!!!

FranchiseTY11

dag, people cant take criticism for nothin. im not hatin on the people who do work their tails off and put this thing together. i got a lot of love for them. they are the reason why i come to the games as early as i do now. im questionin the choice of the new location. the area is dead. whether it was the fact that it was just a pre-season game or not remains to be seen. to whoever puts the whole tailgate together, keep doin what u do cuz your doin a good job of it. im just questionin the new location, and why it was moved there to begin with?

I think you were at the old spot or something. Because that tailgate was far from dead ... unless of course you were at the tailgate after the game had alread started. Then I could understand it being dead over there.

i think everyone has me mixed up. im not talkin bad about the actual tailgate, the tailgate itself is straight, what im tryin to say is the new location of the tailgate, the general area of it is dead. its a relativly empty spot with a nice tailgate party in the middle of it. the old location was lively, this one isnt. and like i said before, the matter of it being a pre-season game remains to be seen. i was there 2 hours before gametime to let some of you know. and tk, someone taking a shot at me regarding this issue is one thing, when someone takes a personal shot your gonna react different, you wouldnt? word.

after finally finding a new home to tailgate last season, i was very dissappointed yesterday with the new tailgate spot. the area was as DEAD as can be.......

question: why was it moved in the first place? "piss mountain" had a good ring to it, but "piss big steep downhill feel like im gonna fall and roll" is not gonna work. i was feelin pretty nice after the game and when mother nature called, i thought i was gonna fall flat on my face and roll down that hill like some little fat kid:doh: .....

i finally have season tickets for the first time in my life and want to really enjoy this season, inside FedEx and out, i hope someone in charge reads this and gets this whole tailgate situation dealt with. i'll see everyone on Sept. 11. HTTR!!!!!

Dude that sucks that you were disappointed last night! I could tell by looking at another thread's tailgating pictures that the scene was lame. You would figure that the sponsor's of the tailgate would be more receptive to the needs of it's attendees. How hard could it be? Maybe, just maybe, in the future they could perhaps provide a little food, camaraderie, a place to hang out with other skins fans, and an overall good time. I doubt, though, that will happen. :(

Maybe if you boycott them for a few games, then they would get their **** together?

Stay strong and let us know how it goes.:rolleyes:

im bein real. if u wanna be smart about it too, u goin to the vikings game?

There's a difference between a personal shot & ribbing. It's called tone. Portissizzle has it & gets it. You need to work on it.

Holla yo. :)

i hope someone in charge reads this and gets this whole tailgate situation dealt with. i'll see everyone on Sept. 11. HTTR!!!!!

:laugh: Reminds me of the old joke - "the food here is terrible, and the portions are so small". Sorry dude, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you didn't intend this to sound the way it came out. But the part about "someone in charge" just sounded so demanding. You get out of it what you put into it (kinda like life). The ES tailgaters show up early, set up the pavilion, grills, tables, bar, pinatas(!) etc and do it all to celebrate their love for the team.

And I'm not a "regular" there, so hopefully this is somewhat unbiased. But the few times that I've stopped by I was always made welcome, offered food and drink and generally had a real good time. :2cents:

Dude that sucks that you were disappointed last night! I could tell by looking at another thread's tailgating pictures that the scene was lame. You would figure that the sponsor's of the tailgate would be more receptive to the needs of it's attendees. How hard could it be? Maybe, just maybe, in the future they could perhaps provide a little food, camaraderie, a place to hang out with other skins fans, and an overall good time. I doubt, though, that will happen. :(

Maybe if you boycott them for a few games, then they would get their **** together?

c,mon man you do know there are no sponsors, right. Everyone donates their time effort and money with the kindness of their hearts and the fullness of their wallets.

But by all means, STAY STRONG.

i think everyone has me mixed up. im not talkin bad about the actual tailgate, the tailgate itself is straight, what im tryin to say is the new location of the tailgate, the general area of it is dead. its a relativly empty spot with a nice tailgate party in the middle of it. the old location was lively, this one isnt. and like i said before, the matter of it being a pre-season game remains to be seen. i was there 2 hours before gametime to let some of you know. and tk, someone taking a shot at me regarding this issue is one thing, when someone takes a personal shot your gonna react different, you wouldnt? word.

Again, what tailgate were you at? Because there was a lot going on around us.

Looking at another thread's pictures? So, you're saying you weren't there? Meaning you were just pulling something out of the sky, and making a baseless comment? Hmm, that seems like a good way to work. :rolleyes:

BTW, "a little food, camaraderie, a place to hang out with other skins fans, and an overall good time.", all of that and then some was there at the new spot. But I guess since you saw the pictures you know more than any of us who helped make the Tailgate happen. So, I'm probably wrong.

Again, what tailgate were you at? Because there was a lot going on around us.

Looking at another thread's pictures? So, you're saying you weren't there? Meaning you were just pulling something out of the sky, and making a baseless comment? Hmm, that seems like a good way to work. :rolleyes:

BTW, "a little food, camaraderie, a place to hang out with other skins fans, and an overall good time.", all of that and then some was there at the new spot. But I guess since you saw the pictures you know more than any of us who helped make the Tailgate happen. So, I'm probably wrong.

Wow, I thought it was obvious that my post was completely sarcastic.(hense the emoticons) I have not been to your tailgate, i know that there aren't any sponsers, and your tailgate looks as good as any others....please 'unbunch" the panties.

And ...I always thought it was the people that make the location lively and not the reverse. If the same people were there as last year, then all you have to contend with is the lack of honeybuckets.

I reread your initial post and if what you meant to say is what you actually wrote above then you chose your original words poorly.

That being the case I was not the only one who read your post and saw someone disrespecting some very admired members of this community who work very hard.

And if I was wrong about you being a spoiled brat then I apologize. Maybe we can meet up at the tailgate on 9/11 and help volunteer our time and money to help make this year better than last. You in?

Wow, I thought it was obvious that my post was completely sarcastic.(hense the emoticons) I have not been to your tailgate, i know that there aren't any sponsers, and your tailgate looks as good as any others....please 'unbunch" the panties.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well I was laughing - especially the "stay strong" part with this guy :rolleyes: . I figured people would catch up!

But hey, maybe it's late after a long weekend and some of us are a bit defensive. I do know the hard work that goes into the tailgates, and I suppose I would be too. :D

Quit being so hard on this guy. HE JUST WANTS TO PARTY!!! And he wants to do it in style getting revved up for a monster game watchin our skins play. I don't blame him for asking. Maybe it will get more tailgaters out there so they can get started early and get the crowd FIRED UP!!!!

Quit being so hard on this guy. HE JUST WANTS TO PARTY!!! And he wants to do it in style getting revved up for a monster game watchin our skins play. I don't blame him for asking. Maybe it will get more tailgaters out there so they can get started early and get the crowd FIRED UP!!!!
But as for the comment about providing a little food- DON'T GO there to FREELOAD. Kindess is one thing but begging is unacceptable. BYO and have a great time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well I was laughing - especially the "stay strong" part with this guy :rolleyes: . I figured people would catch up!

But hey, maybe it's late after a long weekend and some of us are a bit defensive. I do know the hard work that goes into the tailgates, and I suppose I would be too. :D

There is a lot of work involved in any tailgate let alone a tailgate of this magnitude.

By patronizing the original poster I thought I was being obvious. Sorry if I confused anyone.:D

There is a lot of work involved in any tailgate let alone a tailgate of this magnitude.

By patronizing the original poster I thought I was being obvious. Sorry if I confused anyone.:D

No, you were very obviously sarcastic (to me) - too many compliments about what makes a tailgate good in that post. I just think some didn't read it that way.

You can email the Redskins, and let them know we need some porta johns out there. I'll put you in charge, so please report back. I'll be there Sept. 11th for my inspection of the area.

:)

This guy is full of **** (as if that isn't already obvious). There were two porta johns within 20 ft of the tailgate spot. Two.

Care to elaborate? Whats your definition of dead?

I thought it was the best Pre-season tailgate I have ever been to.

Yeah, somehow I think his presence won't be missed as I had an absolute blast at the tailgate. Plenty of good people, good food, good drink and great times. Really, I had more fun at this preseason tailgate than I've had at about 95% of the tailgates I've been to. The people who organize it do a great job and sacrifice a lot so that others can enjoy it. Next time, we'll be sure to set off fireworks and crack a dozen bottles of bubbly as soon as homeboy shows up :rolleyes: . Maybe that'll make him happy.

I really dont get the b*tching and moaning on this topic....I was at the tailgate, had a blast! The new location is awsome, we have our own area, was like a block party and it was huge even for preseason. It just wasn't the nutzy atmosphere..thats because its PRE-SEASON.

And the port-o-john complaint? That would be a bogus complaint because there was one right there, a fifty foot pace away. You dont like the downhill hike to pee, us the lil blue room that was right there.

Huly and Pez and everyone else did a great job yesterday! The wings were tasty, all kinds of food and munchies. It was great to see everyone, and to meet some new faces as well.

You don't like it, don't come. Go back to the old location and start your own lil extravaganza. I will be at the green lot E43 with the rest of the ES Tailgater's this year! :cheers:

You have to talk to people to have fun.

Whats this in all these pictures?

i was feelin pretty nice after the game and when mother nature called, i thought i was gonna fall flat on my face and roll down that hill like some little fat kid

Check the background, the royal flush was crawling distance...

after finally finding a new home to tailgate last season, i was very dissappointed yesterday with the new tailgate spot. the area was as DEAD as can be. i remember last year's spot being very lively and fun to be around, but this spot was BORING. i really hope this is just a case of it being a preseason game, but if not, then whoever coordinates the whole tailgate should consider moving it back to the old spot. question: why was it moved in the first place? "piss mountain" had a good ring to it, but "piss big steep downhill feel like im gonna fall and roll" is not gonna work. i was feelin pretty nice after the game and when mother nature called, i thought i was gonna fall flat on my face and roll down that hill like some little fat kid:doh: . and for those who are gonna say just use the porta john, do u actually think that 1 pj i saw nearby is gonna serve all those people? NO. anyway, i finally have season tickets for the first time in my life and want to really enjoy this season, inside FedEx and out, i hope someone in charge reads this and gets this whole tailgate situation dealt with. i'll see everyone on Sept. 11. HTTR!!!!!

I guess you have never really put one of these together. I was a big helper in the planning and execution of Hogfest 4 out of the 5 years we did it(which a lot of you will remember, i'm Tom's nephew) and these thing dont just come together. My Uncle and i would start planning MONTHS in advace. Not to mention getting the word out, planning for food, and we had to charge people. We had rooms at the Key Bridge Marriot where out of towners could stay, not to mention the transportation (we used to rent a bus to go from the hotel to the stadium). Anybody that just lets you walk up and tailgate...and you didnt get charged? and you're going to complain of LOCATION. How bout you start it back at the old location and we will take a count of who shows up.

Archived