Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Romo might beat out Bledsoe

slinky

Happy? Yeah, this sucks for us and it's a MAJOR problem. I hate injuries.

Crayton was also looking good last night. Hopefully he's not too messed up. I admit there's been a couple players I disliked enough to not feel bad when they did get hurt (Conrad Dobler was one), but I never wish injury on anyone or celebrate it. It flat sucks. I also get very antsy about it in preseason. John Jansen going down in the damn 1st ex. game two years ago is an example. Even with above average overall strength and depth, most teams have 3-4 guys on either side of the ball that losing early makes a big diff in a tough, close, division like ours.

I'm ready to bet it Bubba.

Hows bout you?

Ready to back up your chatter? 2 things made me laugh about this.first,it sounds like a typical pukes fan and second i'd have to be pretty hard pressed to bet against Bubba.like him or not(and i do btw)Bubba knows what he is talking about.

Crayton was also looking good last night. Hopefully he's not too messed up. I admit there's been a couple players I disliked enough to not feel bad when they did get hurt (Conrad Dobler was one), but I never wish injury on anyone or celebrate it. It flat sucks. I also get very antsy about it in preseason. John Jansen going down in the damn 1st ex. game two years ago is an example. Even with above average overall strength and depth, most teams have 3-4 guys on either side of the ball that losing early makes a big diff in a tough, close, division like ours.

Talk about a blow to an otherwise great night. :( I couldn't agree more. Injuries will play a major factor this year.

Happy? Yeah, this sucks for us and it's a MAJOR problem. I hate injuries.

Did you see a smiley in that post? No I'm not happy. I think it sucks when any player gets injured. More importantly I want us to play the cowboys at full strength. Not having a good #3 WR on your team or at best a hobbled one when we meet week 2 sucks. Thanks for the insult. I was merely posting info for people to see as I just had read it on cowboyszone.

:mad:

Did you see a smiley in that post? No I'm not happy. I think it sucks when any player gets injured. More importantly I want us to play the cowboys at full strength. Not having a good #3 WR on your team or at best a hobbled one when we meet week 2 sucks. Thanks for the insult. I was merely posting info for people to see as I just had read it on cowboyszone.

I really don't think not having Crayton would affect the Cowboys attack that much because they plan to employ a 2 TE set more often then not.

Plus they apparently have a promising up and comer named Hurd.

keep dreaming

Roll outs, and quick throws is not what Drew Bledsoe will be doing all season.

I haven't seen the entire game just what NFL Network has shown, but what they have shown, the OL has been pushed back every play, run or pass. The play I saw the OL was beat off the ball every single play. And Romo sits to pee avoid a couple sure sacks to make plays that Bledsoe would have been a sitting duck

I don't know how hard the Seattle D was coming either, from the limited action I saw. I did watch part of the game as they re-ran it. It seemed to me, to be honest that Romo sits to pee had a pretty good game. He would in fact do better than Bledsoe if the line is as suspect as we think. The run blocking was not good, but that does take some time to develop. Overall, IMO the preseason means nothing. Joe Gibbs in his SB winning years had a horrible preseason record. Don't really think Parcells cares too much either, but I am sure he wanted Romo sits to pee to get some game time. Honestly, I just want the same for the Skins, no major injuries and a good outing for the backup QB's. Especially Campbell, but don't be surprised if it takes him more than one preseason game to shake the butterflies out and get a gripe on the offense.

Like I said, if all your looking at is the completions then you're not getting the whole picture. I'm watching the guy. He's not impressive at all.

C'mon your not helping develop this QB controversy at all. Romo sits to pee, looked good. Heck I hope he starts the season and plays in week two. But honestly to the guys credit, he did make some throws while moving, something Bledsoe is really not good at. And with the OL, you need that obviously.

All in all though, this is the preseason, it means nothing but a chance to get some experience.

Maybe I was a little petty on that I'll admit. I'm just a little agitated about it because I really like Crayton and preseason injuries drive me insane. :(

tr1 are you a mod? I'm sure they appreciate your assistance.. :laugh: You're the es equivalent of Dwight Schrute from "The Office"... :laugh: too funny!

:laugh: I just got a funny picture in my mind of Dwight thinking he was driving the boat on that Christmas cruise.

BigD: It wasn't my action but I don't mind explaining a bit.

After a thread awhile back, when bubba was talking to a couple of cowboy fans and told them about reporting posts when they honestly felt they were being violated. Its up to all members to know the rules. We immediately received a number of silly reports that were obviously cowboy fans trying to play "look how we're abused."

They were being made about remarks that were nothing more than mirror images of ones they had made, and were not worth censurng on either side. Though that should have been obvious by the fact that no action was taken in those threads, the reports continued. It was a waste of our time and not funny.

The member suspended in this case has been here long enough to know that the report he made was not offense-worthy at all. People who abuse the "report a post " function to make a personal point are always subject to action. If it was a new poster making a genuine mistake, no problem. A guy who knows full well that he's bringing the staff in through a report just as a way of venting his petulance or annoynace with the guy he's talking to, when there's obviously no real violation, simply does so at his own risk.

We are not here to be jerked around by random self-indulgent twinges, though we are usually pretty forgiving. In this case, the behavior had been worn thin by a number of such incidents from visiting cowboy fans. It didn't happen at all last year so this is a good, and fair, way to start to put a halt to it.

Of course we welcome suggestions, but your comment about the "report a post" function if basically flatulence. It works great other than when the occasional fool(s) abuses it. I believe you know we wouldn't just ban someone "only" for making a false report. Like most of our decisions, context plays a role. And a call is a call, agree or disagree.

Thanks for the genuine reply. The original mod post didnt make it this clear and i appreciate the clarity provided, the prvious post did make it sound like he was banned just for reporting something that was not a violation IMO. If the person has a habit of doing it i can understand but 30 days still seems pretty harsh to me, when I have seen much worse offenses get a week but that is not my call.

BTW, Romo sits to pee looked pretty good, I thought. He and Alex Smith (Smith even moreso) offered some encouraging performances for their fans. I'm sure hoping Campbell looks ok tonight. I have faith in the guy overall based on the total story to date, and it won't evaporate even if he doesn't excel tonight. But the sooner I see him look really competent on the field in a pre-season game, the more secure I'll be.

I was pleasantly surprised with Romo sits to pee's performance. Although it is only preseason he showed real good accuracy and decision making along with the ability to feel pressure and step up in the pocket. I believe Bledsoe is still the starter of course, but I wont be so nervous now if Romo sits to pee has to come into a game.

I will be watching the Skins tonight in large part to see Campbell, Unlike others I do believe Campbell is a good QB I just felt he was drafted to high. Will be interesting to say the least. Who do you believe starts the season as #2 Collins or Campbell?

Yeah, that 6th system in 6 years has got to be messing with his head. Poor guy. Looks like he'll be in this system for a while though with Saunders. At least until Lil Danny Snyder finds the next "hot new coach" to replace him with. So maybe a couple years?

And who is in the wings to replace Bill?, Don't you get it, Snyder has brought in Saunders to coach the offense so Gibbs can be the President of the team. Gregg Williams will most likely be our next head coach and Saunders will be Co-Head Coach in charge of offense as he is now. How you got this topic so far off course is an unknown to me. Reality is we are set at coach for years to come, the Cowboys are not. Bill will bail if he has a bad year this year. Do you think "Jokerface" would like to have Saunders? nevermind.

BigD: It wasn't my action but I don't mind explaining a bit.

After a thread awhile back, when bubba was talking to a couple of cowboy fans and told them about reporting posts when they honestly felt they were being violated. Its up to all members to know the rules. We immediately received a number of silly reports that were obviously cowboy fans trying to play "look how we're abused."

They were being made about remarks that were nothing more than mirror images of ones they had made, and were not worth censurng on either side. Though that should have been obvious by the fact that no action was taken in those threads, the reports continued. It was a waste of our time and not funny.

The member suspended in this case has been here long enough to know that the report he made was not offense-worthy at all. People who abuse the "report a post " function to make a personal point are always subject to action. If it was a new poster making a genuine mistake, no problem. A guy who knows full well that he's bringing the staff in through a report just as a way of venting his petulance or annoynace with the guy he's talking to, when there's obviously no real violation, simply does so at his own risk.

We are not here to be jerked around by random self-indulgent twinges, though we are usually pretty forgiving. In this case, the behavior had been worn thin by a number of such incidents from visiting cowboy fans. It didn't happen at all last year so this is a good, and fair, way to start to put a halt to it.

Of course we welcome suggestions, but your comment about the "report a post" function if basically flatulence. It works great other than when the occasional fool(s) abuses it. I believe you know we wouldn't just ban someone "only" for making a false report. Like most of our decisions, context plays a role. And a call is a call, agree or disagree.

Just peeked back in this thread. Jumbo, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Maybe I was a little petty on that I'll admit. I'm just a little agitated about it because I really like Crayton and preseason injuries drive me insane. :(

Still you should know me better than that. I don't wish or take pleasure in any injuries on any team. I think it sucks when they happen. I have to admit I'm pretty insulted that you think I was rubbing it in. I was just reporting the news.

It is a shame character does not come into the criteria. TO should be a Hall of Shamer, that is about it.

I hear that :silly: but you can't deny it TO is an great receiver regardless he plays for the cowpukes or not and he does gives 100% during a game he doesn't take off plays like a Burress or Randy Moss.

It was a preseason game, so no sense in taking too much from it.

But yes, Romo sits to pee looked did exactly what he needed to do to avoid the rush- he looked very good- there may be controversy if Bledsoe struggles.

The O-line looked bad. They were getting pushed back every play, defininite penetration- it was Romo sits to pee who compensated for the weakness.

The only good play the O-line has was on the 1st D touchdown play- no penetration. (although it looked like the S ends stood up on the play, expecting a screen?)

Everyone realizes that Dallas played a large chunk of the game with their 1st string O-line vs. Seattle scrub D-line, right?!

I will be watching the Skins tonight in large part to see Campbell, Unlike others I do believe Campbell is a good QB I just felt he was drafted to high. Will be interesting to say the least. Who do you believe starts the season as #2 Collins or Campbell?

Well, its unfair to say now. I'm not big on making excuses for that level of play from a guy who's been around as long as Collins for a guy who's supposed to know the system. The first big error could be written off to nerves but added to the second (safety-shoulda been a int-TD) and the reats of the mediocre to poor was dissapioitng even for a #3 (at least that #3). I do trust the coaches. I thought Campbell looked pretty good, even with that last interception. He needs the game time. Collins needs to be our emergency #3 if I had to decide based on what I saw.

Archived